How close was Kelly to becoming a Raven?

I have 3 pictures of Jim in my office. I have his jersey from 1992. I'm in 2nd place behind CBF as the all-time fan of JK.

However, he was done when he was done. It probably wouldn't have ended well in Baltimore.

Totally agree. I was and am a huge JK fan but the tank was empty when he retired. He was a total statue in the pocket and couldn't even hardly move. It would have been a sad sight to see him in another uniform.

I have 3 pictures of Jim in my office. I have his jersey from 1992. I'm in 2nd place behind CBF as the all-time fan of JK.

However, he was done when he was done. It probably wouldn't have ended well in Baltimore.

Maybe a slightly better record than Harbaugh's Ravens, but probably not enough for Marchibroda to keep his job. Considering Jimbo only wanted to play for Marchibroda, he probably would've retired again after one season.

I respectfully disagree.

My memory is that he still threw with velocity and accuracy at the end of his career.

Maybe he was less mobile, and maybe there was a little less velocity but I remember watching him pass and thinking he was still getting the ball to the right spot pretty consistently.

The team around him wasn't quite as good and the stats suffered. But I think he remained a capable NFL starter till the end. I remember thinking at the time that the reports of his fading skills were overstated.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I respectfully disagree.

My memory is that he still threw with velocity and accuracy at the end of his career.

Maybe he was less mobile, and maybe there was a little less velocity but I remember watching him pass and thinking he was still getting the ball to the right spot pretty consistently.

The team around him wasn't quite as good and the stats suffered. But I think he remained a capable NFL starter till the end. I remember thinking at the time that the reports of his fading skills were overstated.

Well no offense but your memory stinks. It was clear that last season there were certain throws he just couldn't make anymore, throws that you need to make to be a successful qb. I remember when they were out in SF on aSunday Night game at the stick & Theisman was openly questioning whether Kelly was hurt since his ball had no velocity on them. He tried a couple out patterns that night a skipped a couple at the receivers feet. His arm was pretty much shot when he retired. He got out at the right time imo.

Well no offense but your memory stinks. It was clear that last season there were certain throws he just couldn't make anymore, throws that you need to make to be a successful qb. I remember when they were out in SF on aSunday Night game at the stick & Theisman was openly questioning whether Kelly was hurt since his ball had no velocity on them. He tried a couple out patterns that night a skipped a couple at the receivers feet. His arm was pretty much shot when he retired. He got out at the right time imo.

Kinda like Peyton Manning now?

Kinda like Peyton Manning now?

Comparing apples to oranges. Manning never overly relied on the strength of his arm, he always relied more on his mind. + there is no other QB that is as accurate in the history of the game the Manning from 20 yards & in. In addition, Kelly's football IQ is nowhere near Manning's football IQ. That is not a knock on JK either, it is just that Manning is that smart.