First world problems

Cugalabanza

Eh. I could think of worse things to stop working.

I just need to be strategic when talking to people. Like if I'm walking/talking, I need to make sure the other person is on my good ear side. Or at a dinner, I make sure that the person I'll be speaking to mostly is on my good side, and I just let the person on my bad side know that I might have to turn my head around to hear them because I don't hear well out of one ear. It could be a hell of a lot worse. I've never complained about it.

The ENT and audiologist said it's not definite that the music caused the damage; which is why I've never officially quit!

Might one ask which is your good side?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might one ask which is your good side?

I'm not sure about him but getting on my good side is easy. Inexpensive? No. Easy? Yes.

I just need to be strategic when talking to people. Like if I'm walking/talking, I need to make sure the other person is on my good ear side. Or at a dinner, I make sure that the person I'll be speaking to mostly is on my good side, and I just let the person on my bad side know that I might have to turn my head around to hear them because I don't hear well out of one ear. It could be a hell of a lot worse. I've never complained about it.

The ENT and audiologist said it's not definite that the music caused the damage; which is why I've never officially quit!

I'm completely lost in large groups I noisy settings. I just nod and smile a lot.

that's like that scene from Brian's Song....

I had to go into work during my vacation because they couldn't find anyone else who could my job.

That's your bad decision.

I want to quote something once said to me by someone who shall remain nameless:

One of the things that changed in an odd way for me was the middle-of-the-night wake-up I used to get while at my old job. Some stupid decision by some !@#$ing moron 12 states away would somehow affect my life to the extent that it would literally wake me up at 2 a.m. in an overly concerned panic of sorts. That didn't change at first, and it was bugging me until I realized that the only !@#$ing moron making stupid decisions was me. No one else. So if I wanted the waking up to stop, I'd have to ensure I made good decisions.

The blu ray player in my bedroom has this blue light that stays on all the time, even when the unit is turned off. It's slightly distracting when the room is dark. I had to put a little piece of electrical tape over it. Which is fine, but the sleek line of the unit is now interrupted somewhat if you happen to inspect it carefully up close.