Exhibition Week 1 - Panthers vs. Bills

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for some live action! What are you guys looking for out of this team?

Personally, I want to see our playmakers come up with a long TD or five

I've never understood this, meaning no offense to you in particular Billeve.

The teams who win consistently, are the teams who can move the chains consistently and consistently stop the other guy from moving the chains. Giving up a long play draws the Ooooohs and Aaaahs, but long bombs are always high-risk, low-percentage plays, always have been, always will be.

I want to see a team that can convert consistently on 3rd and <3 yds or better yet, that consistently converts on 2nd down. That's what I want to see.

Brady has been winning for years on the 3 yard dump to Welker or Gronk that gets turned into 5 or 7.

Can't wait for some live action! What are you guys looking for out of this team?

Personally, I want to see our playmakers come up with a long TD or five

I am looking forward to the DOOOMED posts, followed by the "It"s just pre-season, relax" posts, followed by the "The season opener can't get here soon enough/just start the season" posts...good times!!!

I am looking forward to the DOOOMED posts, followed by the "It"s just pre-season, relax" posts, followed by the "The season opener can't get here soon enough/just start the season" posts...good times!!!

Soon to be followed by...It looks like a great year for QBs coming out of college for the draft....which is THEN soon followed by....are there any QBs worth taking in the first?

It has been reported a few times this week that Roman is traditionally very vanilla in preseason and prides himself on not showing anything. I expect nothing out of the offense. Even less than usual, that is.

I guarantee someone will compare Roman's offense to Hackett/Marrone...I guarantee it.

Here we go again.

I've never understood this, meaning no offense to you in particular Billeve.

The teams who win consistently, are the teams who can move the chains consistently and consistently stop the other guy from moving the chains. Giving up a long play draws the Ooooohs and Aaaahs, but long bombs are always high-risk, low-percentage plays, always have been, always will be.

I want to see a team that can convert consistently on 3rd and <3 yds or better yet, that consistently converts on 2nd down. That's what I want to see.

Brady has been winning for years on the 3 yard dump to Welker or Gronk that gets turned into 5 or 7.

I don't disagree with you. I just think you took my post out of context. I never said I want a long bomb or low percentage play, but rather a long TD. I want to see Sammy take a 5 yard slant for 50 yards or Shady a counter for a huge gain. Play makers can have long TDs on plays other than hail marries. Big plays should happen naturally, having ballets that can turn routine plays into home runs is a huge advantage imo

As we saw last year, preseason is more meaningless then its ever been, but I'd like to see at least some competent QB and offensive line play.

Maybe the Ws or Ls are more meaningless. But, to me, these games have only increased in relevance-- especially this season for this team. I'm really looking forward to seeing how some of our bubble players and rookies perform. I've been reading about how great Darby is, for example, but haven't seen any more than a vine. Can't wait to see him in action trying to prove something. Same goes for Karlos, Gray, Miller, Harvin, Kujo, Butler, et al.

Oh yeah... I'm also looking forward to seeing how Cassel, and our other QBs do. Expectations are so low for Cassel, that it's getting annoying. Reading the arguments about our quarterbacks is like listening to an argument about which ice-cream flavor is better: Breyer's vanilla, Dreyers vanilla, or Perry's vanilla.

Reading the arguments about our quarterbacks is like listening to an argument about which ice-cream flavor is better: Breyer's vanilla, Dreyers vanilla, or Perry's vanilla.

Breyer's is the veteran of the group, but where's the excitement?

Dreyer's is just as good and can be a difference-maker!