Dareus: Bills celebrated when Marrone opted out

FluffHead

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he is. Because if he remains at 3rd string and the other guys in front of him start playing the way Orton did after several games, Rex would likely play him.

Dareus should take the NFL to court over his 1 game suspension.

Yeah, the league will seek a venue change to South Carolina...

True story. I know Marrones old neighbor in Syracuse and he was also neighbors with Jim Boeheim. He had nothing but nice things to say about Jim. Marrone on the other hand!

He said the day it broke he was resigning he dropped his children off at my friends house. (Their kids were good friends). Marrone said "I have to go make a phone call". And left his kids there for 2 days.

True story. He also said he was just an all around dick.

!!!!!

I'm sure he is. Because if he remains at 3rd string and the other guys in front of him start playing the way Orton did after several games, Rex would likely play him.

In fact, it would not surprise me if we see all three QBs start games this season for one reason or another. Cassel and Taylor haven't exactly lit things up so far either.

In fact, it would not surprise me if we see all three QBs start games this season for one reason or another. Cassel and Taylor haven't exactly lit things up so far either.

Yes but Rex never quit on Geno, until he completed more passes to the bills defense than his own players. Whether that came from above or not is unknown. Edited by The Wiz

How exactly was EJ treated unfairly? He was given the opportunity to succeed under Marrone and Hack by virtue of the fact that he was named the starter of the Bills last season. He then went on to lose that starting role through his awful play (remember the Houston game?) I think EJ deserved to get benched in favor of Orton.

Now fast forward to the end of the season. Marrone and the Bills part ways and how does EJ react? He decides to troll his former coach on Twitter.

Now it's the 2015 season and it's looking like EJ won't even get the benefit of being named the starter, confirming that he's a huge first round bust. I'm guessing he's try and blame someone for his failings tho.

If he gets cut after this season, I think I might have to take to Twitter to wish him a big ole HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Sooo, you can troll but EJ can't. Says who? You?! That's the thing about social media, people like you actually think your tweets are important. Do you think he gives a damn about you trolling him? Pretty sure a fly in his soup might get to him, but your tweet means nada. You are not important to him. As for blaming someone else, all be did was express that he was happy Maronne is gone. Kinda messed up that you can change happy new year to mean " coach was unfair to me". Go ahead and tweet to your hearts content, no one cares. Especially EJ.

Sooo, you can troll but EJ can't. Says who? You?! That's the thing about social media, people like you actually think your tweets are important. Do you think he gives a damn about you trolling him? Pretty sure a fly in his soup might get to him, but your tweet means nada. You are not important to him. As for blaming someone else, all be did was express that he was happy Maronne is gone. Kinda messed up that you can change happy new year to mean " coach was unfair to me". Go ahead and tweet to your hearts content, no one cares. Especially EJ.

Sir, you hit the nail right on the head. :thumbsup::worthy:

You can't make caviar from mashed potatoes.

But how are those mashed potatoes? cuz i dont like caviar

This fits with what I had heard secondhand from Legursky at the time-- even from early on in TC:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/160551-some-inside-info-on-camp-marrone/

I recall your post. it was a warning sign wasn't it?

9-7 with Orton slingin the rock. Would the Bills record have been with EJ starting? I think we all know the answer to that is NO.

And EJ isn't even gonna be the starter this year!! I'm sure he will celebrate when Rex gets canned to. I doubt he will even be in the NFL tho at that point. And no one will care! Sorry EJ!

Where in the world do you find a quote from Marrone's mom?

Yes but Rex never quit on Geno, until he completed more passes to the bills defense than his own players. Whether that came from above or not is unknown.

I think he'll at least get to Tyrod. EJ is not Rex's guy so I don't think he'll get the same length of rope.

Edited by vincec

I doubt he was encouraged, but good chance he was told he'd need to make changes to his staff, get rid of Hackert, now O-line coach, maybe weren't willing to extend the contracts of his staff, etc. Add to that it sounds like he had a rather frosty relationship with Whaley, gave him 4 million reasons to leave.

I may be totally wrong, and I have nothing to base this on, but I have a gut feeling that Moron was encouraged to leave.

The "opt out" cause was a convenient way for him to save face.

I think he'll at least get to Tyrod. EJ is not Rex's guy so I don't think he'll get the same length of rope.

Well to play the devil's advocate, what if the reason EJ has been with the 3s is because Rex was told already that EJ has to be the starter. Would make it easier to pull him if he started off poorly to get the guy Rex wanted in there. Edited by The Wiz

True story. I know Marrones old neighbor in Syracuse and he was also neighbors with Jim Boeheim. He had nothing but nice things to say about Jim. Marrone on the other hand!

He said the day it broke he was resigning he dropped his children off at my friends house. (Their kids were good friends). Marrone said "I have to go make a phone call". And left his kids there for 2 days.

True story. He also said he was just an all around dick.

I don't care for St. Doug one bit, but who among us hasn't done this a few times? Amiright?!?!