What's your solution for QB in 2016?

Don't get the Kessler love at all. Totally confused how him or hogan from Stanford keep showing up on lists.

Bums!!

Cardale Jones or bust

Extremely accurate, great TD - INT ratio.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good college QB.

IMO, if you draft him, you'd better be patient enough to let him sit a couple years.

So if you haven't made the playoffs in 10+ years, you're better off not spending a 1st-round pick on him. That would not be a smart move at all. :doh::D

I take Eli over Rivers all day long and twice n Sunday.

Bad choice, IMO.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5529/philip-rivers

Manning throws way too many INTs for me.

So if you haven't made the playoffs in 10+ years, you're better off not spending a 1st-round pick on him. That would not be a smart move at all. :doh::D

Yeah, I don't get the prepare to let him sit a couple years... why?

He could be a 2nd/3rd round pick, depending on this season, and would be better than an E.J. who 3 years in may not even make the team?

I hear similar thoughts on this - maybe not every round - but drafting a QB every year comes up often. How in the world would you propose to evaluate if a QB hits in this scenario?

Training camp body language, as reported by Joe B.

Bad choice, IMO.

Manning throws way too many INTs for me.

Eli has 2 SB rings in large part due to his being money when all the chips are on the line. Rivers, meanwhile, drops back without the football in those situations. Thus my choice of Eli. Plus those Giants teams (especially 2007) were run heavy teams like we want to be supposedly.

Edited by reddogblitz

Eli has 2 SB rings in large part due to his being money when all the chips are on the line. Rivers, meanwhile, drops back without the football in those situations. Thus my choice of Eli. Plus those Giants teams (especially 2007) were run heavy teams like we want to be supposedly.

Yet I'm not sure Rivers has ever benefited from playing a D as good as the one's Eli has had in NY. That said Eli as you said clutch money and it's hard to dismiss that. Toss in Eli's used to playing in the Northeast where Rivers been in warm California for his career. Yet all things considered I have a feeling that Christian Hackenberg ends up our QB next year. As the Pegula's are big Penn State backers and have they'd have no problem going all in on a guy like him. Especially since getting him at a rookie contract give Whaley a better chance at keeping Dareus in the fold. As the most Hackenberg could cost against the cap is $4.1 million which equates about $500k less than what Cassel makes. Yet I don't see Hackenberg as a top guy off the board instead see him in the top 15 area.

Don't get the Kessler love at all. Totally confused how him or hogan from Stanford keep showing up on lists.

Bums!!

Cardale Jones or bust

Hogan is interesting since think he was recruited by Harbaugh/Roman. Yet I don't see him as a first round pick more of a 4th or 5th Round guy now but could be a 3rd Round pick with a strong senior season. I just posted I think Hackenberg is the Bills QB in 2016 all things considered.

Edited by The Jokeman

I know the topic of our QB's and or situation going forward gets discussed constantly - but what is your solution?

I'd like the Bills to trade for Zac Dysert in Denver before the start of this season. He's an ERFA which I believe as long as he's tendered a minimum contract offer by Denver he has to sign that deal for the 2016 season. I'd be willing to give up a 4th round draft pick to get him and possibly a player too.

Convince SF that it's time to rebuild and go hard after Kaepernick. That only happens if Roman wants him and if Roman wants him you go get him.

Convince SF that it's time to rebuild and go hard after Kaepernick. That only happens if Roman wants him and if Roman wants him you go get him.

That would be interesting for sure. What would you give / what do you think it would take to get him?

I hear similar thoughts on this - maybe not every round - but drafting a QB every year comes up often. How in the world would you propose to evaluate if a QB hits in this scenario?

I agree. How does this work?

Every team that doesn't have a franchise QB should draft a QB per year? If we all agree there are >10 teams that need franchise quarterbacks and there are <10 QBs per draft then how does that work out?

I think this would lead to QB HELL, and because the rest of your team sucks (related to spending so many draft picks on QBs) you don't have the talent for your QB to succeed. Thus, the QB you drafted will be evaluated as bad and you'll picking near the top again.

Meanwhile the teams that do have franchise QBs will take advantage of the surplus of good players at positions that aren't QB.

Edited by YattaOkasan