Bills fans drunkest in the league?

y'all are making it sound like it's a bad thing

I used to bring my kids to Syracuse Basketball & Football games when they were really young because the ushers never dig that deeply into a diaper bag where I had the beer.

lord, is this predictable or what??/ same chit, different year.

Guess i should take being called a fool by you a sign that i am indeed a great parent as my kids have been going to games since they 6. 14 year old son will be going to two games with me and.....be sitting with his 14 year old cousin ALL BY Themselves....do you want to call Child Welfare now?

Have never an issue in 8 years of taking them to games...zero!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who sat behind us when my son was younger used to pay him a dollar for each swearword they blurted out. One guy once gave him a $5 bill at kickoff saying he had a bad feeling about the game.

Where you sit has a huge bearing on what a child is exposed to. I used all of the idiotic behavior as teaching moments, which so far have kept him away from trouble I think.

He does have a foul mouth as a 17 year old, though :)

y'all are making it sound like it's a bad thing

I used to bring my kids to Syracuse Basketball & Football games when they were really young because the ushers never dig that deeply into a diaper bag where I had the beer.

i agree pooj, i never hesitate to bring my kids, never have. Bringing the boy to Philly this year as well.

BTW, drunks in every single NFL game i have ever been to..no more or less in Buffalo

The people who sat behind us when my son was younger used to pay him a dollar for each swearword they blurted out. One guy once gave him a $5 bill at kickoff saying he had a bad feeling about the game.

Where you sit has a huge bearing on what a child is exposed to. I used all of the idiotic behavior as teaching moments, which so far have kept him away from trouble I think.

thats awesome...my son would totally go for that when sits next to ME!!!!

Like Rosen said above, use those infrequent times someone acts like an ass as a teaching moment...if the worst thing Rosen's kid is doing is swearing at 17 then he's done something right. Can't wait to be the host city for the Eagles game this year, we'll have to plan something big and fun

i agree pooj, i never hesitate to bring my kids, never have. Bringing the boy to Philly this year as well.

BTW, drunks in every single NFL game i have ever been to..no more or less in Buffalo

Where you sit has a huge bearing on what a child is exposed to. I used all of the idiotic behavior as teaching moments,

Ah, that takes me back.

When I had my tix there were a group of 5-6 guys in the row ahead of us who were shitfaced every game and carried on like apes in a banana plantation. Eventually we got used to it and tuned it out. What's funny though is that after about ten years they actually began to pass out after halftime and weren't a distraction any more. They'd just sit there like stumps and would nod off during the sunny September and October games...

teaching experience. Is what I did

Kids grew up just fine

Thats why only a fool brings a child to a game .Its really a shame.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been bringing my son to games for years. He's twelve now and loves the Bills as much as I do. We haven't had many issues over the years. He has seen his share of drunken idiots and he's seen me have to handle a few of them in a calm, polite manner. I think it is wrong to think you can't bring kids to a game, unless the issue is that you can't stay sober yourself. This whole "party hard" thing is the problem. People feel like they are entitled to get plastered and act like idiots. If you can't go out and tailgate without getting plastered, you're an idiot and should not be allowed in the game. I enjoy tailgating and I have a couple beers. The Bills have been better an weeding out the drunken morons, they still have work to do. But it's getting better.

lord, is this predictable or what??/ same chit, different year.

Guess i should take being called a fool by you a sign that i am indeed a great parent as my kids have been going to games since they 6. 14 year old son will be going to 4 games this year and two games ...be sitting with his 14 year old cousin ALL BY Themselves....do you want to call Child Welfare now?

Have never an issue in 8 years of taking them to games...zero!!!

I just don't think kids don't need to be pissed on threw up on or witness a drunken a holes in action.Interesting though, you've never seen any of this activity in 8 years???

I'm a season ticket holder and have been bringing my son to games for years. He's twelve now and loves the Bills as much as I do. We haven't had many issues over the years. He has seen his share of drunken idiots and he's seen me have to handle a few of them in a calm, polite manner. I think it is wrong to think you can't bring kids to a game, unless the issue is that you can't stay sober yourself. This whole "party hard" thing is the problem. People feel like they are entitled to get plastered and act like idiots. If you can't go out and tailgate without getting plastered, you're an idiot and should not be allowed in the game. I enjoy tailgating and I have a couple beers. The Bills have been better an weeding out the drunken morons, they still have work to do. But it's getting better.

Its just important to me that people act correctly around kids.I just resent drunken idiots and their stupid behavior.

This area and city has a drinking culture to rival any other in the nation.

I have not seen much drinking on the job, but come the weekend, or even 5pm, it's on.

The Bills game is especially drunk friendly, because we're expected to cheer loudly. Sometimes, given the outcomes, that requires a serious impairment of judgement.

For the record, I'm not against drinking, but I don't like it when people get pass out drunk.

This area and city has a drinking culture to rival any other in the nation.

I have not seen much drinking on the job, but come the weekend, or even 5pm, it's on.

The Bills game is especially drunk friendly, because we're expected to cheer loudly. Sometimes, given the outcomes, that requires a serious impairment of judgement.

For the record, I'm not against drinking, but I don't like it when people get pass out drunk.

LOL drunk friendly

I've been to at least 1/2 dozen other NFL venues, and none come close to the drunken buffoonery that exists in the lots prior to the game and in the stadium itself at RWS. Why these people continue to be allowed through the turnstiles is mind boggling.

agree I no longer travel to buffalo for bills games however I will travel to other places to see the, like Miami and other stadiums

Yeah I have noticed it but I chalk it up to the Bills not having been a competative team in the past 15 years.

I expect to see a big change this year

CBF

This is exactly what it is. If there was a better product on the field that fans didnt need to distract themselves from, we'd have better behavior. We'd also have more people attending games who are truly into football, and not just there for a party.

I cant wait for that to change.

Agree with CBF and DrD. Did any of you attend a Pats** game at Foxboro in the pre-Kraft/pre-Gillette years? It was ugly. When the Pats** began their run and increased their season ticket holder base things got better. From what I understand, they will now pull a season ticket holder's tickets if he or anyone he sells his tickets to causes problems. I attend the Bills game at Gillette every year and it is a very family-friendly environment.

Yeah I have noticed it but I chalk it up to the Bills not having been a competative team in the past 15 years.

I expect to see a big change this year

CBF

Nope. It has nothing to do with just the last 15 years. You don't think there was heavy drinking during the SB years?

Edited by nucci

I just don't think kids don't need to be pissed on threw up on or witness a drunken a holes in action.Interesting though, you've never seen any of this activity in 8 years???

Its just important to me that people act correctly around kids.I just resent drunken idiots and their stupid behavior.

I have been going to games since i was six, have seen hundreds upon hundreds of drunk idiots...have also loads of drunk idiots at weddings, work functions, bars, just about anywhere really.

Few years back for the opener my daughter(14 at the time) was in line for the porta john about 11 am when some young woman(19-21) started puking all over the place as she had had a few too many. My daughter will never forget the sight of nasty she looked, the young men all around looking disgusted etc. I did not try to shield her from that, i made sure see what what a fool this person looked like.

Son sees me and sees how to drink responsibly, and sees idiots and drink too much and its a good lesson.

Just as an aside...i have never once been in a fight, or even been close...would bring my kids to every game if i lived in Buffalo

Moonshine for him this year, right?

I've been going to games since the 60's and it does generally seem the Buffalo crowd goes at it harder than other cities where I've gone to games. It's the biggest downside of attending at The Ralph in my opinion. With the great tailgating comes the fool who goes too far. Having said that, the only brawl that ever affected my family was in Tampa. We have not fully cornered the market on buffoonery. I hope they continue to clean things up to get the worst offenders dealt with before it gets too ugly.