Bills fans drunkest in the league?

I've witnessed a lot of boorish behavior at the Ralph, some of it just plain embarrassing.

Once a fan from whoever we were playing that week had carefully navigated his way from the bowels of the 100 level with 2 beers and some food. He had found a spot on the lawn near where the ramps are and had just sat down, gently placed his beers down and began to eat. Some drunk 20 something turd in a Bills jersey makes a bee line to the guy and lines up for the kick and boots his $9 dollar beers all over. He stood there laughing at the guy waiting over him for a response. I was never more ashamed about the behavior of another Bills fan than that afternoon. I went to get the guy a beer, but by the time I got the beer and got back to the spot, the guy was gone. Those are the kinds of idiots I wish Darwin would take care of.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is good stuff. It is amusing sometimes to watch the beligerant youth from afar. It reminded 2 years ago these guys were tailgating across from us. They were in their 20s & they were partying pretty hard. Not causing any problems you could tell they were hitting it. At the end of the tailgate one of guys kept falling down & everytime he would try to get back up one of his buddies(at least I think they were his buddies would kick him back down) & start laughing. I looked at my son & said "that is why you always make sure you could hold your booze more then the guys you hang around with." & we both started cracking up. Just for the record my wife is pettrified on Sundays when I take my son to the game. She doesn't like it but she allows it. I have been taking him to the games for 3 years now & there hasn't been an incident yet that has stopped me from taking him. Just one dad's perspective.

& lastly I am taking my 6 year old daughter to her first game this Friday. I know it is preseason but I am exciting for taking her. She is really not into sports but I think she is going to like it. Not sure if she is Bills fan material though. I told her yesterday we are going to go tailgating before the game & she said "before the game can't we just go to Red Lobster instead?"

I had one teachable moment as a kid from a game that is forever vividly etched in my brain. I was probably around 10 yrs old, and as we were walking out up the aisle after the game (a loss I'm sure) there was a lone drunk passed out in the seats with his elbows up on the backrest behind him and his legs splayed over the seats in front, with his dick hanging out literally pissing on himself. It is an image that I will never forget. I quickly looked to my Dad, and I will never forget the look on his face. He said "Just move along, son", but his expression said so much more.

My brother and I have flown up for games for many years now to take my Dad to a game for his birthday. We started taking our sons when they were around 7 yrs old, and nothing too traumatic has happened to them in that time (although after one game I had to apologize and have a discussion on proper behavior with my nephew and son after I chased a Pats** fan down into the concourse after he swore and spit at me). One year we ended up taking our daughters too. My kids were used to going to lots of public events with drinking from outdoor festivals, concerts etc., but nothing prepared my daughter (prob around 10) for the walk through the parking lot for a Raiders game. I'll never forget the scene - dark overcast day, smoke from fires everywhere filling the sky, with Raider fans around here and there in full Regalia. It was like some post-apocalyptic scene from a Mad Max movie. My daughter's eyes got very wide, and she grabbed my hand and pressed up very close to me for that whole walk into the stadium.

For me the drunk fans worked in my favor.

When I had season tickets one year we got to know the guys around us and one of them always got really smashed.

He was really gone one game before half time and said he was going to get some beer and bring me back a nacho supreme. I was like awesome free nachos but he never came back.

The next week he told me he got kicked out because he kept arguing with the person who refused to sell him more beer because they could tell he was already drunk

He was never violent or swearing or anything like that just the opposite.

He said he was kicked out because he wouldnt leave the beer line

CBF

CBF ,you might want to check your account,I think it may have been hacked.There was a guy yesterday posting under your name stating that Buffalo has no problem with drunks and that this kind of talk was offensive.You also said you "would be watching" so I'm certain it wasn't you yesterday after posting this.

Edited by Very wide right

CBF ,you might want to check your account,I think it may have been hacked.There was a guy yesterday posting under your name stating that Buffalo has no problem with drunks and that this kind of talk was offensive.You also said you "would be watching" so I'm certain it wasn't you yesterday after posting this.

Really?

you know what....it's not even worth it

CBF

Sounds like one of the guys we used to tailgate with. He would always disappear after the first quarter, sometimes halftime but he was always at our car waiting for us when the game was over. Well it turns out he was meeting this other guys sister(who was also in our tailgate) & they were doing the deed in lot 5 while the game was going on. This went on for years until my friend who's sister it was finally followed him out one game & caught them. Looking back we still have a good laugh about it & yes that guy who was meeting the sister was no longer welcomed in our tailgate!

thats is awesome and too funyy!

I've witnessed a lot of boorish behavior at the Ralph, some of it just plain embarrassing.

Once a fan from whoever we were playing that week had carefully navigated his way from the bowels of the 100 level with 2 beers and some food. He had found a spot on the lawn near where the ramps are and had just sat down, gently placed his beers down and began to eat. Some drunk 20 something turd in a Bills jersey makes a bee line to the guy and lines up for the kick and boots his $9 dollar beers all over. He stood there laughing at the guy waiting over him for a response. I was never more ashamed about the behavior of another Bills fan than that afternoon. I went to get the guy a beer, but by the time I got the beer and got back to the spot, the guy was gone. Those are the kinds of idiots I wish Darwin would take care of.

Again, have never seen anything like that...i wonder how i would react. Prolly like you i would offer to buy the guy a beer as well.

I had one teachable moment as a kid from a game that is forever vividly etched in my brain. I was probably around 10 yrs old, and as we were walking out up the aisle after the game (a loss I'm sure) there was a lone drunk passed out in the seats with his elbows up on the backrest behind him and his legs splayed over the seats in front, with his dick hanging out literally pissing on himself. It is an image that I will never forget. I quickly looked to my Dad, and I will never forget the look on his face. He said "Just move along, son", but his expression said so much more.

My brother and I have flown up for games for many years now to take my Dad to a game for his birthday. We started taking our sons when they were around 7 yrs old, and nothing too traumatic has happened to them in that time (although after one game I had to apologize and have a discussion on proper behavior with my nephew and son after I chased a Pats** fan down into the concourse after he swore and spit at me). One year we ended up taking our daughters too. My kids were used to going to lots of public events with drinking from outdoor festivals, concerts etc., but nothing prepared my daughter (prob around 10) for the walk through the parking lot for a Raiders game. I'll never forget the scene - dark overcast day, smoke from fires everywhere filling the sky, with Raider fans around here and there in full Regalia. It was like some post-apocalyptic scene from a Mad Max movie. My daughter's eyes got very wide, and she grabbed my hand and pressed up very close to me for that whole walk into the stadium.

man, i can just picture that..great description.

the dude in the stands ....i just cant even picture that. I would assume i would puke before i got to that point.

last year before the Pats game, we saw a dude that was way wasted in the lot tailgating right next to us..tailgate maybe wrong word....these guys had beer and whisky LOL. Not a lick of food to be found!

Low and behold we got him to sit at our tailgate and drink about 3 or 4 bottles of water, have a good bit of food, and by the time they left for the game guy was still lit but not so bad. And he was fine after that game....

You're my first ignore! Congrats!

Any time you put 70k people in one place, and add alcohol to the mix, there's going to be some percentage that cannot handle themselves.

Personally, I sit in a section largely comprised of season ticket holders, and there really aren't any issues beyond occasional banter. Sure, every game features a few people that have too much, but usually things go just fine.

Of course, if things do start to get out of hand, the team has provided a free text alert number for fans to anonymously alert security to unruly behavior. I've seen other fans use it (both when necessary and just to mess with others--which I don't think is cool), and the response is usually measured and quick.

It was a totally different type of "partying". I know, I was there. It was fun, safe, good natured partying. Nowadays it's belligerent, out of control, dangerous partying. People throwing up/pissing right at their seat, or on the person in front of them. Bills fans fighting Bills fans over nothing. Just a disaster on many levels.

Its really just a sign of the times. We drank beer 30-35 years ago... admittedly lots of beer, but pretty much just that... 20 somethings today go straight to the spirits ;; get completely blotto 'd and when you are that drunk you become a different person. RWS' location and permissiveness is a perfect storm of access , opportunity and look the other way. The game is just an opportunity to do something you could not legally do and would not have the opportunity to do anywhere else. Anonymous insanity.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Been out of Buffalo for 25 years, and after coming in once a year the first few I have only been to a handful of games the past 20 years. My era is mostly old memories from when I was a wild child in my 20's. Back then we tailgated hard, got drunk, and had some of the best times of my life. Never got in a fight or was puked on. Yes, there was always a sloppy drunk stumbling around somewhere in the lot, but you were smart enough to not bother with them.

Maybe it's different now, or, more likely, the members of this board got older and have a reduced tolerance for young, loud drunks getting rowdy at games like we all used to do. I still drink (more scotch than beer these days), but my competitive drinking days are over. No longer enjoy pounding beers from a funnel or shotgunning them from a can. But I remember vividly when I did, and how much I loved doing it back in the day.

Now I like to drink because I like to drink. I don't count empties like a trophy case. Drinking games with penalties would be a boring waste of time. I drink at my own desired speed, and have as much or little as I want, and that makes me happy. Friends having drinks with me is one of my favorite things, but the mob chugging era is long gone. Most of us here are probably the same way.

Just remember, we were all once a pack of drunk kids having a blast in ways only youth allows. We sometimes forget what that looks like until it's in our face, but it's a right of passage that we shouldn't be too judgmental about. Remember, we all live in glass houses, people.

Wasn't this a story from last year? Maybe I was drunk, but I'm certain this same story was posted a while back.

The problem for me is, these a-hole drunks give good-natured drunks (yours truly included) a bad name.

Yes, this story is a year old. We discussed it last year. Someone will post it next year, and the year after that, etc. Every year we can all share our stadium drunk stories all over again.

Been out of Buffalo for 25 years, and after coming in once a year the first few I have only been to a handful of games the past 20 years. My era is mostly old memories from when I was a wild child in my 20's. Back then we tailgated hard, got drunk, and had some of the best times of my life. Never got in a fight or was puked on. Yes, there was always a sloppy drunk stumbling around somewhere in the lot, but you were smart enough to not bother with them.

Maybe it's different now, or, more likely, the members of this board got older and have a reduced tolerance for young, loud drunks getting rowdy at games like we all used to do. I still drink (more scotch than beer these days), but my competitive drinking days are over. No longer enjoy pounding beers from a funnel or shotgunning them from a can. But I remember vividly when I did, and how much I loved doing it back in the day.

Now I like to drink because I like to drink. I don't count empties like a trophy case. Drinking games with penalties would be a boring waste of time. I drink at my own desired speed, and have as much or little as I want, and that makes me happy. Friends having drinks with me is one of my favorite things, but the mob chugging era is long gone. Most of us here are probably the same way.

Just remember, we were all once a pack of drunk kids having a blast in ways only youth allows. We sometimes forget what that looks like until it's in our face, but it's a right of passage that we shouldn't be too judgmental about. Remember, we all live in glass houses, people.

This. If it's just me, I don't care. If my kid's being harassed, I might have an issue.

Hell I remember (mostly) one game where my former brother in law and I were drinking Molson XXX in the lot before a game. Traded a six pack for some weed, and by the time the game started was in no shape to do ANYTHING, let alone attend a football game.

Please. This is ridiculous. Steeler fans are (1) way more drunk; and (2) much more obnoxious. I literally have seen Steelers fans in the stadium peeing on Cleveland Browns fans.

I also agree the drunkenness is related to the on-field product. I expect the Bills will be better this year. But hey, what other fan base could go through a 15 year drought like we have and have enough fans show up, many like myself from out of town, to be considered for "most drunk." Perhaps the author of this article is a disgruntled Jets fan (who are also worse behaved, or Eagles fan).

My dad and I went to many games back in the late 70's through the mid 80's. I remember my first experience witnessing drunken behavior at a game, though I was too young to realize the person drunk at the time. We were sitting in the end zone for a game back in the late 70's. I don't remember the specifics other than it was a night game. This sloppy looking dude (again, I didn't realize then that he was drunk) was carrying a couple of beers and walked down the aisle all the way to the wall surrounding the field. He turned around to face the crowd, put down the beers, then turned around so he was facing the field and proceeded to moon the entire section. All with a huge grin on his face. He was cheered by the entire section as he was led out by security.

My perspective is definitely different now, but I can say for sure when I was that age I did plenty of lights out drinking, but I never got blind drunk and acted like an a-hole at Bills games. I went to parties to drink, and to Rich to watch the Bills.

The other thing that I totally disagree with, which I've seen comments on sometimes in these threads is 20-somethings saying well the team was bad for so long so we have to get blind drunk. Give me a break. People my age grew up on the Bills in the 70's and 80's! And I didn't use it as an excuse to be a moronic drunk a-hole at games.

Get off my lawn MF'er!

My perspective is definitely different now, but I can say for sure when I was that age I did plenty of lights out drinking, but I never got blind drunk and acted like an a-hole at Bills games. I went to parties to drink, and to Rich to watch the Bills.

The other thing that I totally disagree with, which I've seen comments on sometimes in these threads is 20-somethings saying well the team was bad for so long so we have to get blind drunk. Give me a break. People my age grew up on the Bills in the 70's and 80's! And I didn't use it as an excuse to be a moronic drunk a-hole at games.

Get off my lawn MF'er!

That's when I started as as well. Great thing when a " good sized" crowd was 50k, could sit in the upper corners and smoke anything you wanted without offending anyone or being arrested

Get off my lawn MF'er!

Give 'em hell pops!