Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NY media member blames Rex...

i mean, if our offseason was a dumpster fire of personality and discipline issues with guys that previously had issues, we would likely say similar. these are all rex guys, and none of them are brand new issues (geno leadership questions, IK punching people he shouldnt, and richardson being dumb).

that said, you cant say its all rex and the new staff has no hand in it either if trying to be fair.

Randell+Johnson+Buffalo+Bills+Rookie+MinCage Match: Randell Johnson vs IK Enemapali.....who wins? I'm taking Randell every time.

Ol' iky might have to switch to MMA if he can't land on a roster

Clark said that Geno dared IK to hit him, and he did.

ha, well he asked for it, they should reinstate IK immediately. Really though the Jets should have done a full scale investigation before making any rash decisions.

Banned by the time season starts I hope. Troll game open 24-7

:worthy::worthy: more like very wide mouth with verbal diarrhea

i mean, if our offseason was a dumpster fire of personality and discipline issues with guys that previously had issues, we would likely say similar. these are all rex guys, and none of them are brand new issues (geno leadership questions, IK punching people he shouldnt, and richardson being dumb).

that said, you cant say its all rex and the new staff has no hand in it either if trying to be fair.

I don't see in any way how Rex has anything to do with Geno getting punched in the face...you're stretching. I don't even like Rex, think he's a blowhard and find it ridiculous that he's even being associated with it.

Edited by jeremy2020

Good debate going on over at the Jest forums. Some highlights:

- Bowles' Cardinals went 11-5 with 4 different QB's, so they can still win the division.

- The Jest FO is omnipotent. They got a QB that already knows Chans system just in case such an event occured.

- Browns, Redskins, Bills (x2), Jaguars, Titans, and Raiders are all very winnable.

- As long as Fitz doesn't turn it over 20 times, the Jest will be fine.

- 9 win floor 11 win ceiling.

:lol::worthy::lol::worthy:

ill credit alpha for trying to help a friend, but.... man, i havent seen any nice comments when he posts links.

Haha it's all good. My friend makes nothing off it, it's just his comedy blog he does on sports. He's a brash shock comic like a Daniel tosh or Anthony jeselnik. Not everyone's cup of tea. He plays all the biggest comedy clubs and has stuff on iTunes and a pilot in development. He just does the sports thing for fun and does it unfiltered.

Come on, man...Bowles has been in control of that team since February...multiple OTAs, now halfway through training camp, and supposedly immediately instilled a culture of "discipline and accountability." Sheldon Richardson didn't know any better because of Rex? Same for Geno and IK?

Sometimes they're just bad dudes. No coach is to blame for this -- not Bowles, and not Rex. It was a stupid column.

Come on, man...Bowles has been in control of that team since February...multiple OTAs, now halfway through training camp, and supposedly immediately instilled a culture of "discipline and accountability." Sheldon Richardson didn't know any better because of Rex? Same for Geno and IK?

Sometimes they're just bad dudes. No coach is to blame for this -- not Bowles, and not Rex. It was a stupid column.

This.

oh i agree its lame to pin it at rexs feet completely, simply noting if the roles were reversed or it was some other team that didnt produce our coach wed be more prone to say "a bunch of guys with red flags that he liked messing around still" potentially as opposed to the new coach thats had them in house for a couple short OTAs and a few weeks of camp.

Point taken. But what Vick and Incognito did was premeditated, and sickened/outraged many people outside of football for years. Vick woke up knowing he was going to kill dogs. Incognito woke up knowing he was going to bully a teammate. The forums went nuts, saying neither would ever play again. I doubt this guy woke up saying, "I'm going to punch Geno in the face today." Tempers flair in training camp. It was reactionary. No "rights groups" are going to come after him. There won't be daily articles about him in every newspaper across the country.

Question: Does he get cut if he punches Geno in the face but doesn't break his jaw?

I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that if he has talent, he will be conditionally invited to someone's training camp in the future. He'll undergo anger management -- sensitivity training -- all the crap that says, "I'm a better person now!" If he can ball, he'll be given another shot. Maybe even by Rex. If he sucks, we'll never hear about him again.

Time will tell.

@NoSaint: Being how you were the only one who wasn't a douche and actually debated me on this, my original point -- I'm interested in your thoughts, now that IK is a Bill. You seem to think the guy is an a$$. That's cool. I think Incognito is an a$$. We're entitled to our opinions, and I don't see how they're different. BTW, I respect yours.

@Rob's House: I did some digging, and yup -- You did have a steady opinion about Incognito. So to you, my apologies. I don't believe my reply to you was nearly as bombastic as other posters made it out to be, but point taken, and apology made.

To those who partook in what I dubbed the "circle jerk" -- Perhaps next time you'll find value in arguing the FOOTBALL-RELATED point of a poster in lieu of attacking a tertiary remark that you skewed to fit your own lame agendas. I never called Rob a "homer," as one of you suggested. My exact quote to Rob was, "I doubt you'd say that if he weren't a Bill." And the rest of you went nuts on THAT, and not my original post. It really says something about you. You're here to pick a fight, not discuss football. And I stand by what I wrote earlier: YOU are the reason this board has lost so many quality posters over the past decade. I miss many of them. Thanks for all your hard work, guys.

I have strong opinions on Incognito. I don't want him to be a Bill. But, as a true fan, I do not wish him ill on the field, especially now that he's part of the TEAM I've loved since the late '70s. I ABSOLUTELY believe the guy is a bully, and to the one poster who objected to the line, "Incognito woke up knowing he was going to bully at teammate," I offer this: Do you really believe he hasn't displayed a pattern of this type of behavior at the very least throughout his NFL career? Do you really believe that bullying is a knee-jerk reaction -- a one-time, in-the-heat-of-the-moment deal? If so, there's nothing left to discuss. I'm just SMH. I don't have the time to post here 24/7. I don't know everyone's take on every issue, as many of you seem to, nor do I have the time or desire to do hours of research before making a comment. I never "berated" Rob. I never called him a "hypocrite." I never "called him out." The strongest word in my reply to him was "doubt." Shame on me.

To those of you who have thousands of posts here -- More power to you. But just because you have been posting here for years and someone else with an opinion hasn't, it doesn't make him or her wrong. Try to stay on point about FOOTBALL and you'll be amazed at how a spirited dialogue trumps petty retorts and one-liners any day.

Shockingly, even someone who "only" has 80-something posts can be right about something. I hope that a lesson has been learned here, though I seriously doubt it.

Flame away.

Edited by Felonious Monk

@NoSaint: Being how you were the only one who wasn't a douche and actually debated me on this, my original point -- I'm interested in your thoughts, now that IK is a Bill. You seem to think the guy is an a$$. That's cool. I think Incognito is an a$$. We're entitled to our opinions, and I don't see how they're different. BTW, I respect yours.

@Rob's House: I did some digging, and yup -- You did have a steady opinion about Incognito. So to you, my apologies. I don't believe my reply to you was nearly as bombastic as other posters made it out to be, but point taken, and apology made.

To those who partook in what I dubbed the "circle jerk" -- Perhaps next time you'll find value in arguing the FOOTBALL-RELATED point of a poster in lieu of attacking a tertiary remark that you skewed to fit your own lame agendas. I never called Rob a "homer," as one of you suggested. My exact quote to Rob was, "I doubt you'd say that if he weren't a Bill." And the rest of you went nuts on THAT, and not my original post. It really says something about you. You're here to pick a fight, not discuss football. And I stand by what I wrote earlier: YOU are the reason this board has lost so many quality posters over the past decade. I miss many of them. Thanks for all your hard work, guys.

I have strong opinions on Incognito. I don't want him to be a Bill. But, as a true fan, I do not wish him ill on the field, especially now that he's part of the TEAM I've loved since the late '70s. I ABSOLUTELY believe the guy is a bully, and to the one poster who objected to the line, "Incognito woke up knowing he was going to bully at teammate," I offer this: Do you really believe he hasn't displayed a pattern of this type of behavior at the very least throughout his NFL career? Do you really believe that bullying is a knee-jerk reaction -- a one-time, in-the-heat-of-the-moment deal? If so, there's nothing left to discuss. I'm just SMH. I don't have the time to post here 24/7. I don't know everyone's take on every issue, as many of you seem to, nor do I have the time or desire to do hours of research before making a comment. I never "berated" Rob. I never called him a "hypocrite." I never "called him out." The strongest word in my reply to him was "doubt." Shame on me.

To those of you who have thousands of posts here -- More power to you. But just because you have been posting here for years and someone else with an opinion hasn't, it doesn't make him or her wrong. Try to stay on point about FOOTBALL and you'll be amazed at how a spirited dialogue trumps petty retorts and one-liners any day.

Shockingly, even someone who "only" has 80-something posts can be right about something. I hope that a lesson has been learned here, though I seriously doubt it.

Flame away.

I'll gladly step up and give you credit. I did say it would take a coach really believing in him though- and our guys are the only ones that would fit the bill at this point in his career. I'm still surprised about it happening as he didn't play much last year under Rex.

He's proven to have a temper with poor control -- but hopefully he can channel it the right way!

I'll gladly step up and give you credit. I did say it would take a coach really believing in him though- and our guys are the only ones that would fit the bill at this point in his career. I'm still surprised about it happening as he didn't play much last year under Rex.

He's proven to have a temper with poor control -- but hopefully he can channel it the right way!

Yup, you did say that! And Rex is definitely "special," if nothing else. I'm also shocked that it happened so quickly, but I have a feeling that after both sides of the story were made public, everyone calmed down a bit. Geno ain't "no saint," if you know what I mean. ;)

Thank you again for keeping it civil.

nice. Now can we stop calling it a sucker punch?

the "nobody can stick a finger in my face" crowd will think it was well earned, the "you just dont do that to someone" crowd will say that responding to words with a punch to the jaw is escalating wayyyy to fast to not be a sucker punch to some degree.

theres no way geno expected a right hook to the jaw there, even if he was an idiot. arguing whether the word applies seems to miss the point that IK was an idiot for throwing it. Geno is likely also an idiot too though. hooray, idiots all around.