Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

Vick and incognito had probowls, this guy is a 6th round backup player with 2 tackles in a total of 6 games active in his career.

Percy harvin gets second third and fourth chances, Chris manhertz doesn't. This dude will be playing arena and working in a gym part time.

Point taken. But what Vick and Incognito did was premeditated, and sickened/outraged many people outside of football for years. Vick woke up knowing he was going to kill dogs. Incognito woke up knowing he was going to bully a teammate. The forums went nuts, saying neither would ever play again. I doubt this guy woke up saying, "I'm going to punch Geno in the face today." Tempers flair in training camp. It was reactionary. No "rights groups" are going to come after him. There won't be daily articles about him in every newspaper across the country.

Question: Does he get cut if he punches Geno in the face but doesn't break his jaw?

I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that if he has talent, he will be conditionally invited to someone's training camp in the future. He'll undergo anger management -- sensitivity training -- all the crap that says, "I'm a better person now!" If he can ball, he'll be given another shot. Maybe even by Rex. If he sucks, we'll never hear about him again.

Time will tell.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken. But what Vick and Incognito did was premeditated, and sickened/outraged many people outside of football for years. Vick woke up knowing he was going to kill dogs. Incognito woke up knowing he was going to bully a teammate. The forums went nuts, saying neither would ever play again. I doubt this guy woke up saying, "I'm going to punch Geno in the face today." Tempers flair in training camp. It was reactionary. No "rights groups" are going to come after him. There won't be daily articles about him in every newspaper across the country.

Question: Does he get cut if he punches Geno in the face but doesn't break his jaw?

I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that if he has talent, he will be conditionally invited to someone's training camp in the future. He'll undergo anger management -- sensitivity training -- all the crap that says, "I'm a better person now!" If he can ball, he'll be given another shot. Maybe even by Rex. If he sucks, we'll never hear about him again.

Time will tell.

Their team lost their starting QB for half the season because this moron intentionally punched him in the jaw. It's not a matter of morality, the guy's a liability.

And your Incognito bit about "bullying" is annoyingly presumptuous.

Their team lost their starting QB for half the season because this moron intentionally punched him in the jaw. It's not a matter of morality, the guy's a liability.

And your Incognito bit about "bullying" is annoyingly presumptuous.

I doubt you'd say that if he weren't a Bill.

Time will tell.

He's a 6th round pick from a small school that was a project and previously assaulted a police officer, and now his starting qb after doing nothing his rookie year. It will literally take a very special relationship with a coach willing to put himself on the line to get even a workout.

Robs been saying it since he was still a dolphin and has been pretty consistent on situations around the league

Time will tell.

He was a very marginal talent, but who allegedly found his way on the roster because he was a huge student of the game. My own view is that he's done. It's just an unfortunate situation all the way around.

He's a 6th round pick from a small school that was a project and previously assaulted a police officer, and now his starting qb after doing nothing his rookie year. It will literally take a very special relationship with a coach willing to put himself on the line to get even a workout.

Robs been saying it since he was still a dolphin and has been pretty consistent on situations around the league

I don't know "Rob." I don't log on here just to read his posts, or anyone else's for that matter. I am not a regular here. Does that mean I can't have an opinion? Sure seems that way.

I don't know "Rob." I don't log on here just to read his posts, or anyone else's for that matter. I am not a regular here. Does that mean I can't have an opinion? Sure seems that way.

You can have opinions, they're just based on faulty information.

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏdə] (13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png listen)) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

Jealousy doesn't need to enter into it.

Right, but Homer goes on to talk about why he finds pleasure in Flander's misfortunes and it's because Flander's life is more perfect.

@diannaESPN: The Jets had scheduled to fly out and work out Tyler Thigpen Friday but they reached out and canceled the workout per league source. #Jets

Poor guy. He must've been pumped for another go.

When your opinion involves calling him out for being a homer despite not knowing his actual history I'd venture I'm not the one in the wrong for saying that's not what he's doing.

You can have opinions, they're just based on faulty information.

... in YOUR opinion. What was I thinking? You're right. Vick didn't kill dogs. Incognito didn't have a reputation for being a total a$$ since he entered the league. What was I thinking?

This is the problem with these forums, and the reason you guys have chased away so many quality posters through the years. You guys don't "debate" -- you "attack." Just another bunch of elitists who have zero respect for another viewpoint.

Enjoy your forums, guys. What's left of 'em.

... in YOUR opinion. What was I thinking? You're right. Vick didn't kill dogs. Incognito didn't have a reputation for being a total a$$ since he entered the league. What was I thinking?

This is the problem with these forums, and the reason you guys have chased away so many quality posters through the years. You guys don't "debate" -- you "attack." Just another bunch of elitists who have zero respect for another viewpoint.

Enjoy your forums, guys. What's left of 'em.

This is based on faulty info, because Rob has expressed the same opinions for years. It's your opinion and it's incorrect. Don't feel like that's a bad thing or that we're attacking you. In fact, you attacked Rob by basically calling him biased and insinuating his opinion is faulty.

It's not a debate because there's nothing to debate. Having an opinion that the moon is made out of cheese is still an opinion, just a wrong one. No need to flee over it.

Edited by FireChan

I think.Geno probably felt he didn't need to settle it given the hardship reason for missing. The other guy felt differently. When that became clear geno should have paid him.

The "hardship" reason is F-ING B.S. - for an adult anyway. For a punk piece of crap like Geno, who knows.

If I have made a commitment to be somewhere, and then someone even dies in my family (not clear that really happened here), I CALL the people I've committed to and let them know I can't make it. <- not speculation - I've been through it.

The money is minor in this - the fact that Smith is a POS punk is all of it. If any of his teammates gave a crap about Geno they would have broken up the argument before the punch was thrown. That they didn't is all you need to know.

If you haven't heard both Revis' and Coach Bowles' (second) interviews, they are both including Geno in the blame. That's really telling given that they cut the LB and only Geno was injured.

Edited by BobChalmers