Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he was ever on Bills regular season roster, was he?

no. And he definitely doesn't want it on his resume that he got cut from a preseason roster that included rookies ej manuel and Jeff Tuel as his competition, reportedly because he couldn't learn Marrone's lengthy playbook of "CJ up the middle." Edited by YoloinOhio

no. And he definitely doesn't want it on his resume that he got cut from a preseason roster that included rookies ej manuel and Jeff Tuel as his competition, reportedly because he couldn't learn Marrone's lengthy playbook of "CJ up the middle."

There are actually three plays -- in addition to CJ between the tackles there is the one-yard swing pass to Chandler and the five-yard out to Lee Smith.

The five yard out to Lee Smith was good for two yards almost every time.

Unless we needed two or less yards.

it was tough, as he often tripped over the yard lines on the field. it really capped him out at 5 yard increments even if he managed to be forgotten about by the defense. Edited by NoSaint

It's funny how they were "Bowles' Cardinals" that had winning records two years in a row and went to the playoffs last season with something like their 5th string QB.

There's also a flamboyant, kick ass head coach there who since he was told by the Steelers that he was retiring just goes around and wins everywhere he is put in charge (Indy and now Arizona).

Bowles is a fine DC but I have my doubts about him as a head man.

Fitz played well tonight and Bryce Petty went off in the 2nd half. I was a big Petty fan and wished the Bills had drafted him. I feel he will be the guy in NY before the season is done.

limited play of course, but in what I saw there were shades of Brett Favre ... being able to launch it deep and with velocity from different angles. pre-draft read was only adequate arm strength, thats not what i saw