Astro-Notes #5: Monday 8-10-15

Astrobot

Clay is practicing catching the football one-handed along the sidelines, occasionally tipping one to Aaron Williams. Williams catches 2 out of 3. This is where Greg Roman is right now. He has his work cut out for him with this batch, as other than Clay and O'Leary (who are locks), Manhertz is tall but raw, Gragg is a decent downfield threat but is not the blocker you want, Mulligan is a good blocker but needs work on receiving (he does very well this practice), Burton is bigger than Clay but is far less consistent or explosive, etc.

What's up with Marquese Gray? Is he there?

---Cassel shows a very awkward rollout and pass on the fly. He's better than Orton, IMO, but Orton's better when on the move. Likely a wash.

Can you really stand by this statement? Did Orton throw while running even once last season? My impression of Orton last season was that he was utterly incapable of throwing without his feet planted.

Edit: Love reading the analysis, btw. My favorite threads on this board during this time of year. Thanks!

Edited by Rocky Landing

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Joe B's twitter account to see where he could be going wrong with such biased reporting...and it was littered with petty twitter fights. He's clearly argumentative/defensive and just all around unprofessional. He is focusing on agendas as opposed to actual reporting.

I tweeted to him. Asked him very politely why his EJ comments seem to be slanted negatively compared to others who are attending practice and simply relaying the results of each play. I think he deleted it right away.

I tweeted to him. Asked him very politely why his EJ comments seem to be slanted negatively compared to others who are attending practice and simply relaying the results of each play. I think he deleted it right away.

JoKe B was called out by Eric Wood as a know nothing in a post practice presser last week when he listed Wood as his LVP.

JoKe B was called out by Eric Wood as a know nothing in a post practice presser last week when he listed Wood as his LVP.

I heard that too. He said someone sent him Joe B's tweet and he was surprised that he was grading his 1:1 blocking drills as he has no idea what they are actually doing. He then basically said he doesn't really care what Joe B writes, just found it hilarious. Edited by YoloinOhio

I heard that too. He said someone sent him Joe B's tweet and he was surprised that he was grading his 1:1 blocking drills as he has no idea what they are actually doing. He then basically said he doesn't really care what Joe B writes, just found it hilarious.

Crazy, I've read right here in these very forums that Wood is on the decline, his knees are shot, and we should have drafted his replacement. He's nothing less than the weakest point on the o-line.

I continue to be most excited by the possibility of a decent running attack. If we can have consistent success in running the ball, it'll make the job much easier for whomever our QB is. Last year we got really poor QB play (imo), because our run game was bottled up too easily.

My favorite postses are from Astro.

Do me me the favor and collect your TY gift this week. please ; )

I have always looked forward to your notes and they never disappoint. even handed is all we ask. and then you offer details.

:thumbsup: