Rex Ryan: I Won't Repeat Jets Mistakes in Buffalo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoying the ride for now, we will see how things shake out come December but I have a feeling we will be happy. I will tell you that folks in NE are nervous. Was in/on Cape Cod last week and more than one person mentioned coach Ryan and his impact on our favorite team.

I love that he has a blend of humility and ego. Part of Rex Ryan's appeal is the swagger and how that translates to the team. We are going to straight up bully some teams this year and I love it,

The other aspect of REX RYAN being the coach that seems to be lost on some on this board is the heat he take off the players. Yes it REX REX REX in the media coverage, but eating dog biscuits and jumping out of planes means the microphones are out of the faces of the players. No division, no distractions. Rex may not be long for Buffalo, but I am supremely confident that right now he is the best coach for this team.

I think you underestimate how fast the cap has grown. Remember, in 2000 it was like 60m and next year will be in the area of 160

Yeah I mostly agree with your post. I couldn't find the highest paid QB in 2000 but I'd guess it's gone up at the same rate as the salary cap. What's really helped the QB's get paid today is the rookie cap and the descent of the cost for RB's - although I think CB's have made up that difference. For example in 2007 Reggie Bush and Larry Johnson were both making over 13 million. Peterson obviously tops that mark but no one from 2 down make over 10 million. 5 of the 7 top earning RB's of all time no longer play.

I love that he has a blend of humility and ego. Part of Rex Ryan's appeal is the swagger and how that translates to the team. We are going to straight up bully some teams this year and I love it,

The other aspect of REX RYAN being the coach that seems to be lost on some on this board is the heat he take off the players. Yes it REX REX REX in the media coverage, but eating dog biscuits and jumping out of planes means the microphones are out of the faces of the players. No division, no distractions. Rex may not be long for Buffalo, but I am supremely confident that right now he is the best coach for this team.

Rex is on the record that he knows this will be his last stop as a HC in the NFL and he hopes he retires in 15 years with multiple Lombardi trophies for the franchise.

Rex is on the record that he knows this will be his last stop as a HC in the NFL and he hopes he retires in 15 years with multiple Lombardi trophies for the franchise.

Well, for the record, I'd be OK with that.

I think that's on the plan for next season. Really, who was on the open market, and who was there at our pick in round 2?

I would have drafted Bryce Petty in the third and not traded my fourth last year for Brown and used that pick for a Guard.

Don't know how good he will be but he has the tools to play and more importantly the attitude to play QB, which is more promising than the guys we have now.

Why do we hear Rexy every. Single. Day. Of. Our. Lives.

Dont you have some work to go do? Dont you have a couch in your office to go sleep on, so you can wake up at 4 am and watch more film?

Why do I feel like I'm watching Rex Ryan's reality TV show?

I guess he's supposed to be a good coach, but . . . this isnt really a Buffalo way to approach a grinding-ass job.

Because those who cant do the job talk a lot to compensate for their short comings.This man is NOT a good coach .This was a bad decision,

I would have drafted Bryce Petty in the third and not traded my fourth last year for Brown and used that pick for a Guard.

Don't know how good he will be but he has the tools to play and more importantly the attitude to play QB, which is more promising than the guys we have now.

They used a 5th on Richardson last year. Without looking it up, what guard would you have taken in the 4th?

As for Petty, he's a complete unknown. And John Miller looks to be a sud.

Because those who cant do the job talk a lot to compensate for their short comings.This man is NOT a good coach .This was a bad decision,

Not as bad as the decision you made to join this forum. Talk about a non-contributor.

I'd love to hear an explanation (in football terms, not emotional terms) as to why Ryan wasn't a good hire for the Buffalo Bills. If you'd be kind enough to actually discuss topics relating to football (on a football board) rather than do drive by trolling, that would be a welcome change. So, here's your chance. Who would you have hired and why? Compare and contrast to Ryan.

I'd love to hear an explanation (in football terms, not emotional terms) as to why Ryan wasn't a good hire for the Buffalo Bills. If you'd be kind enough to actually discuss topics relating to football (on a football board) rather than do drive by trolling, that would be a welcome change. So, here's your chance. Who would you have hired and why? Compare and contrast to Ryan.

Waste. Of. Time.

(but I respect the effort)

Wide Right- why is he a bad coach? As a DC, he created some of the nastiest defenses in the NFL with the Ravens. When Tannenbaum was his GM, he went to the AFC championship in his first two years with the Jets, and that was with Sanchez as his QB. Then his last two years he had Idzik who was a money guy who did nothing but purge his talent to save money and get out of cap hell.

Rex needed CB's for his defense and Idzik didn't do it.

He doesn't have a QB, but he has inherited the most talented team he's coached in the NFL. In addition, the Pegulas opened the wallet for top coaches and Roman has a great pedigree. Whaley picked up more offensive weapons and lineman addressing everything we need minus the QB. You know next year we'll most likely mortgage the farm for a solid QB in the draft.

So why other than you just don't like Rex would you say he's a bad Coach. The history does not bear that out. You have every right to feel and state whatever you want, but I don't see it.

Personally I love Rex and his swagger. He's also made Buffalo relevant again this off season. I don't expect the SB, but I do expect the playoffs. Wait til we win a few in a row. We'll be on sportscenger