Tomlin Nicknames Bell "Juice"

Tu-Toned

It's an odd nickname to be sure.

Many NFL nicknames were meant to compliment the player: "Prime Time," "Snake," "The Chopper," "Mean Joe," "Beast Mode," "The Assassin," "Iron Mike," "Ironhead," "Megatron," "Sweetness"...

But "Juice" just comes from Orange Juice/OJ - nothing inherently complimentary about it.

If OJ hadn't become a killer, "Juice" would be a good nickname for RBs with speed, grace, elusiveness and vision. OJ had, for a while, transformed "Juice" into something very positive.

Given what came later, I don't get why Tomlin or anyone would call a RB "Juice."

Edited by hondo in seattle

There is no Lebron in the NFL.

The first player that popped into my mind is Adrian Peterson in terms of his physical dominance.

I think the closest is JJ Watt. Completely dominant at multiple positions like LeBron and he's carrying that Texans team on his back which is something you rarely see out of a defensive player

There is no Lebron in the NFL.

The first player that popped into my mind is Adrian Peterson in terms of his physical dominance.

There is a LeBron of the NFL. His name is JJ WATT.

He gets sacks,catches interceptions, run blocks,catch TD passes. If that is not doing it all I don't know what is

It's an odd nickname to be sure.

Many NFL nicknames were meant to compliment the player: "Prime Time," "Snake," "The Chopper," "Mean Joe," "Beast Mode," "The Assassin," "Iron Mike," "Ironhead," "Megatron," "Sweetness"...

But "Juice" just comes from Orange Juice/OJ - nothing inherently complimentary about it.

If OJ hadn't become a killer, "Juice" would be a good nickname for RBs with speed, grace, elusiveness and vision. OJ had, for a while, transformed "Juice" into something very positive.

Given what came later, I don't get why Tomlin or anyone would call a RB "Juice."

Not entirely accurate. Actually, The Juice was given that nickname as a synonym for his electric running style. Hence the o- line being the Electric Company bc they turned on "the juice". The orange juice angle was a side thing bc of his initials.

The original meaning of the nickname is one of the better ones in pro sports.

Edited by purple haze