Dareus and Dunbar - "It's kind of a clash"

I hope this all works out. I do respect Dunbar.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/01/bills-dareus-on-verge-of-big-payday/

Its just kind of a clash between the way I play and the way he coaches, Dareus said. And Im just trying to incorporate what he wants into what I do to kind of just make it work so I can do what I know he wants and make it work for me as well. Were just trying to fit the puzzle pieces right now.

I still feel like he doesnt understand me and is just trying to figure me out. But were trying to work together. Were working closer. Im a free player. I like to mess plays up. I like to just be all-out with it. If I can knock down three blockers, I can knock down three. Im going to do whatever it takes to get to the ball. He kind of wants me to be more of a technical player, stay in your gap, fundamentals.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ryan's D is a system.....big D needs to play his role......if he doesn't like it, then, I suspect, it might very well cause him to leave, irrespective of money. Poz ended up in Jacksonville because he wanted to play 4-3 middle backer. When contracts are up, reasons other than money can influence events. The constant changing of defensive coaches (and O, of course) causes players to have to relearn technique and reads every year...and the D never matures into a veteran knowledgeable group. The Bills have been grossly mismanaged in this regard. And, honestly, I don't think that Ryan, and his super system of D (stealing a line from poker) will exceed Schwartz ranking of the #4 D in the league. Lots more likely the D will rank lower than higher.....we will see, don't want to get into an argument on the board here. The O almost has to get better, was near the bottom. But, the D has lots of room to fall. Lets hope Ryan's Gumba's are smart enough to use the players to their strengths....and not be programed into a inflexible system. Of course, Ryan's coaches are here to do just that. Why do you think he brought all the Jests coaches with him. A year ago, I would not have dreamed that would happen to the Bills. Really don't understand the love for Ryan here, he was a joke in NYC.....now he is our joke. Color me waiting to see the performance......and none to patient, and not caring at all for Ryan's flamboyant antics the press loves.

Ryan's D is a system.....big D needs to play his role......if he doesn't like it, then, I suspect, it might very well cause him to leave, irrespective of money. Poz ended up in Jacksonville because he wanted to play 4-3 middle backer. When contracts are up, reasons other than money can influence events. The constant changing of defensive coaches (and O, of course) causes players to have to relearn technique and reads every year...and the D never matures into a veteran knowledgeable group. The Bills have been grossly mismanaged in this regard. And, honestly, I don't think that Ryan, and his super system of D (stealing a line from poker) will exceed Schwartz ranking of the #4 D in the league. Lots more likely the D will rank lower than higher.....we will see, don't want to get into an argument on the board here. The O almost has to get better, was near the bottom. But, the D has lots of room to fall. Lets hope Ryan's Gumba's are smart enough to use the players to their strengths....and not be programed into a inflexible system. Of course, Ryan's coaches are here to do just that. Why do you think he brought all the Jests coaches with him. A year ago, I would not have dreamed that would happen to the Bills. Really don't understand the love for Ryan here, he was a joke in NYC.....now he is our joke. Color me waiting to see the performance......and none to patient, and not caring at all for Ryan's flamboyant antics the press loves.

The jets level of talent was a joke. Their CBs this past year were jokes. Hard to win games and not be a joke when you have nothing to work with. His offense had nothing to work with. Nothing. His secondary might have been the worst the league has seen in 15 years. Thank the Idzik. He was the joke.

This is nothing.And Dareus speaks of it in a positive way and shows NO signs that his style of coaching and what he wants him to do bothers him.

I'll agree that it's good he's so positive but the sign that something is bothering him is that he's openly saying it's not his style. He might later love it though.

Edited by NoSaint

Although I can understand your concern, I don't think Dareus will be going anywhere. Whaley knows he can't let this guy out of the building. What I hafta disagree with you on is Rex being a jk in NYC. As a bronx/yonkers guy (I live on the border) a great deal of my friends are jets fans. When Rex got fired ..and later hired by the bills, I asked nearly all of them what their feelings were. Half of them jokingly said they are not mad because they're Bills fans now, and the other half was livid with the decision. Most around here know that Tannebaum sucks as an owner, and that Idzik was the problem. The casual football fan here might have had something to say bc, well they need something to say to make it seem like they are in the loop or that they give a **** but the die hards are heated that Rex is gone.

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I knew some would say showing concern over it was overreacting, premature etc. But honestly I do find it disconcerting. There's examples of great players whose production has gone way down when asked to fit into a system instead of just wreaking havoc with their ability. Sure it's too early to see how it will play out - but I'd certainly much rather be hearing one of the best D linemen in the game on a defense that was one of the best in the league last year saying positive things about the new position coach, new defense, and his role in it rather than this.

Edited by stevewin

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I knew some would say showing concern over it was overreacting, premature etc. But honestly I do find it disconcerting. There's examples of great players whose production has gone way down when asked to fit into a system instead of just wreaking havoc with their ability. Sure it's too early to see how it will play out - but I'd certainly much rather be hearing one of the best D linemen in the game on a defense that was one of the best in the league last year saying positive things about the new position coach, new defense, and his role in it rather than this.

If given a choice, definitely rather positivity. It could be as simple as teaching the fundamentals before allowing freelance. I have to think that Rex sees his talent and won't use him as a space eater. He's had plenty of productive big men after all.