Astro-Notes Day 2: Satuday 8-1-15

Astrobot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My overall impression is that Cassel won the day. EJ second, Simms-Tyrod third.

Keep in mind that tomorrow they play with pads on, and you won't see them against a real defense until Carolina preseason game.

Thanks Stroh!

I was at Fisher today as well. Some of the things that caught my eye:

Fred and Thigpen catching returns high with hands as opposed to the conventional underscoop.

It was weird not seeing the kickers do a whole lot today (Carpenter hurt and most return practice via throws or jug machines)

We may very well have the deepest RB core in the NFL as Brown, Karlos, and Boobie all look the part, which may not bode well for Freddy.

Gragg still can't catch a cold let alone a football.

Nobody can cover Sammy on the short routes

Sammy will look for flag if bumped the slightest in the deep routes
QB's footwork: Tyrod and Cassel looked good, Simms passable, EJ dances around more now than he did as a rookie.

Against no coverage, Cassel looked rough throwing against the wind, EJ and Tyrod looked better on the short/intermediate routes.

11v11 Tyrod looked really good with the #2's today. Cassel looked like Captain Checkdown, Manuel was overthrowing the deep ball down the middle.

Cassel seemed to have less zip on his throws than the others, and Simms has a strong arm with limited accuracy.

The receivers not named Clay, Watkins, Woods, or Harvin were generally awful today and made the QB's look bad early in practice with some bad drops, Goodwin especially.

John Miller is one large man, hopefully his injury is minor.

My impression was that Taylor was the sharpest and Cassel was the weakest today.

Edited by justnzane

Meanwhile sal is on Wgr complaining about EJ not pulling the trigger on a covered wr and pulled out down to run. At the same time praising Taylor for letting it rip even though I saw him throw a ball to the ground during 1on1's

Don't expect much from Simple Sal.

Don't expect much from Simple Sal.

I don't but I get sick of them riding on Meh because he has 10 year experience and making Taylor sound like he's great pick up because they know nothing about him. Meanwhile, continue to make every action of EJ's a bad thing. Yesterday he was throwing the ball without any feel/touch, today he was babying it. He even took the time to mention the article about EJ's first downs and talked about how awful he was on 3rd downs.

Thanks again, Astro!

I haven't heard much of anything about Clay. Any comments on him?

Someone tweeted he was "the smoothest runner on slants" or something to that effect.

Edited by The Wiz

Thanks!!! Awesome stuff.

A couple thing that stick out O'Leary sounds like he can block.

B. Brown sounds like he is making himself tough to cut. Let's see if they give him some "Oklahoma Drill" work to see if he is learning to hold on.