Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you disqualify the PSI testing there is no science to discuss. I guess we have exhausted this discussion. You are entitled to the opinion for sure. I just don't see it in any possible way that legally, they would consider all testing as suspect.

Since the "flawed science" doesn't exonerate anyone involved one way or the other, I say just throw it out then. All of it. We'll just chalk up the fact that the Colts balls reacted differently to the principles of the Ideal Gas Law. And before any of you geeks start telling me about the Colts' balls lingered longer in the warm air of the referees room before being re-tested, etc., don't bother. Either show me a test that EXACTLY replicates ALL the conditions present that day in Foxboro, or just can it.

There sure is a ton of damning circumstantial evidence suggesting certain folks acted in very certain ways, regardless.

I wonder, has McNally ever been "peer reviewed" by other ball boys in the league?

GO BILLS!!!

I feel like you just completely ignored my last post for the sake of talking down to me in scientific terms. I'm not acluistic; I took thermodynamics just like every other engineering student.

Hot damn! You just topped "subaqueous" and I didn't think that was possible.

GO BILLS!!!

Batting his eyes at the Commish better not have any influence at all.

@SportsRadio610

Tom Brady is attempting to charm his way out of a suspension, and it might be working http://cbsloc.al/1Nku6ph

Nice counter-balance to Schefter's rhapsody.

And an important point to remember, too. It's all about what was said, not how and by whom it was said.

40 people in that room? At the very least, it indicates an expectation for contentious litigation. I really hope it comes to that, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Nice counter-balance to Schefter's rhapsody.

And an important point to remember, too. It's all about what was said, not how and by whom it was said.

40 people in that room? At the very least, it indicates an expectation for contentious litigation. I really hope it comes to that, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Not me. The Bills are peaking talent wise and we need to swing for the fences this year, insofar as we can.

Contentious litigation and this whole thing blossoming into some unholy mess will only delay things and could easily push ultimate punishment beyond this year. That doesn't help the Bills this year.

What helps us enormously is Brady missing the first month of the season and in particular, the Bills game in Week 2.

The rest of it is just crap anyway.

Not me. The Bills are peaking talent wise and we need to swing for the fences this year, insofar as we can.

Contentious litigation and this whole thing blossoming into some unholy mess will only delay things and could easily push ultimate punishment beyond this year. That doesn't help the Bills this year.

What helps us enormously is Brady missing the first month of the season and in particular, the Bills game in Week 2.

The rest of it is just crap anyway.

Here's a simple reality I come back to: if we can't beat the Pats* with Brady, we aren't as good as we think we are.

I don't care one way or the other if he's in or out of their line-up. I care more about the arrogance that organization displays on a seemingly continuous basis being tamped down. They've insulted our collective intelligence long enough and have gotten away relatively unscathed.

If it means his suspension is delayed due to pending litigation, so be it. It will be well worth it to see certain people compelled to testify and certain electronic records be made public.

But I'm confident Brady and the Pats* will take the chicken-schit way out.

GO BILLS!!!

Ya know, Wally Pipp had a pretty solid career: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pippwa01.shtml .

LOL! That's often lost in the story. If it were anyone else but Gehrig...

I seriously doubt Garafalo is anyone's Gehrig.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep. But that Gehrig guy was pretty damn decent himself.

One year he scored 163 runs, had 185 RBIs, hit .341, 211 hits, 46 homers, 31 doubles, 15 triples, 17 stolen bases, and 117 walks.

No argument there. Interestingly, Gehrig had a great season on 1927 and won the MVP, but Babe Ruth received 0 percent of the MVP votes despite hitting 60 home runs! About 30 guys received at least some percentage of the 2nd/3rd place votes, including Tony Lazzeri from the Yankees. Talk about effed up MVP voting.

Edited by dave mcbride

No argument there. Interestingly, Gehrig had a great season on 1927 and won the MVP, but Babe Ruth received 0 percent of the MVP votes despite hitting 60 home runs! About 30 guys received at least some percentage of the 2nd/3rd place votes, including Tony Lazzeri from the Yankees. Talk about effed up MVP voting.

I spent about six months researching Ruth for a project I was doing and read about 15 books on him, endless articles and anecdotes, etc. To me, he was arguably the best player in any team sport ever, as well as the most loved, consequential and influential.

I spent about six months researching Ruth for a project I was doing and read about 15 books on him, endless articles and anecdotes, etc. To me, he was arguably the best player in any team sport ever, as well as the most loved, consequential and influential.

Who were the best pitchers Ruth faced time after time in a season, year after year? I don't know the answer. Could he hit like that against today's pitchers?

I'll admit it; I just had to look up acluistic. Nice job.

agreed.

Ya know, Wally Pipp had a pretty solid career: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pippwa01.shtml .

I love you guys for this stuff

Who were the best pitchers Ruth faced time after time in a season, year after year? I don't know the answer. Could he hit like that against today's pitchers?

you should look into it. this is a pretty cool story from front to back. Babe is a legend for good reason.

I hope you are just trying to rile someone up. because thats a stupid question and only useful for argumentative reasons. you would not by chance be pursuing that particular motive this evening would you Weo?

One time Ruth was batting against Walter Johnson, who I believe was the first pitcher ever to have a 100 mph fastball. Johnson threw three straight called strikes past Ruth, who turned around to the umpire and said, "Did you see any of those?" The ump shook his head and said, "Nope." Ruth walked away and said, "Well, that third one SOUNDED a little high."

One time Ruth was batting against Walter Johnson, who I believe was the first pitcher ever to have a 100 mph fastball. Johnson threw three straight called strikes past Ruth, who turned around to the umpire and said, "Did you see any of those?" The ump shook his head and said, "Nope." Ruth walked away and said, "Well, that third one SOUNDED a little high."

Excellent