Tired of Deflategate

Million$ question

Mr WEO admits the Cheatriots broke the rules, including Brady**

so the Million$ question IS

why is he still arguing / trolling for responses??

ill venture the argument that some of us can still talk about the process and events without being as ridiculous as typing "Brady**" every time.

the nfl did some good, some bad, and theres no reason we shouldnt be able to discuss both halves even if we think brady broke the rules.

theres also plenty of range to debate how extreme the violation is.

not to get too very personal here, but its hard to take you seriously in calling out someone else for having an agenda.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on ktd- you can't admit that the NFL has been poor at best in how they handled this at the start?

I don't know what they did wrong. I know it shouldnt take this long. Tell me what you know or even think they did wrong.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Anyone see or post this stuff yet? First I've seen it today.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25248075/report-influential-owners-want-tom-brady-suspension-kept-at-4-games

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/pft-small-group-owners-want-bradys-ban-stand

NFLPA and Brady trying to pay their way out. NFL seems to have rejected it.

Anyone see or post this stuff yet? First I've seen it today.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25248075/report-influential-owners-want-tom-brady-suspension-kept-at-4-games

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/pft-small-group-owners-want-bradys-ban-stand

NFLPA and Brady trying to pay their way out. NFL seems to have rejected it.

These articles are... perplexing. The CBS article is downright silly. It states that if Goodell doesn't reduce Brady's suspension he will receive "blowback from the general public," because the Hardy suspension was four games. The author calls that "the Hardy effect." That is a stupid statement on its face. Why the "general public" would measure one by the other is beyond me, but if the "general public" were to make a comparison, and presumedly they consider domestic abuse worse than cheating, does domestic abuse now become some sort of standard by which to judge other, completely unrelated offenses?

Million$ question

Mr WEO admits the Cheatriots broke the rules, including Brady**

so the Million$ question IS

why is he still arguing / trolling for responses??

You will have to eat with the kids at the folding table. Let the adults discuss things.

ill venture the argument that some of us can still talk about the process and events without being as ridiculous as typing "Brady**" every time.

the nfl did some good, some bad, and theres no reason we shouldnt be able to discuss both halves even if we think brady broke the rules.

theres also plenty of range to debate how extreme the violation is.

not to get too very personal here, but its hard to take you seriously in calling out someone else for having an agenda.

not to get too very personal here but does the ' not work on your keyboard?

I guess you missed the TBD Brady** / Pats* memo

Does the many of people typing Brady** / Pats*" offend you?

WRT agenda... funny how you chose to criticize me when it is done frequently.

To be fair, I'd let that be decided by the pre-game coin flip. The winner can choose to kick off, or receive. The loser can choose to let Brady*** play with regulation inflated balls or his usual girly-man soft balls.

He is talking about NE* being the poor, unwitting victim of a conspiracy to catch them in a sting operation.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/23/reported-brady-offer-to-pay-fine-not-an-admission-of-guilt/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Reported Brady offer to pay fine not an admission of guilt

Tom Brady suspension settlement offer met with 'silence' by NFL, per report

There have been settlement talks between the NFL and Tom Brady over his four-game suspension, but no progress has been mad

hmmmm I'm not guilty but I'll pay a fine!?!?!?!?!

I suggest the NFL make an offer - 16 weeks of game day checks fine or 2 game suspension minimum

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

not to get too very personal here but does the ' not work on your keyboard?

I guess you missed the TBD Brady** / Pats* memo

Does the many of people typing Brady** / Pats*" offend you?

WRT agenda... funny how you chose to criticize me when it is done frequently.

Yup- but I happen to be typing on my phone often. So I skip the apostrophes sometimes. Really? That's the comeback?

Weo is likely to give the pats the benefit of the doubt, while you would campaign to lock them all away for life for a speeding ticket. It's just amusing to see you call someone out for an agenda when so open with your own.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/23/reported-brady-offer-to-pay-fine-not-an-admission-of-guilt/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

There have been settlement talks between the NFL and Tom Brady over his four-game suspension, but no progress has been mad

I suggest the NFL make an offer - 16 weeks of game day checks fine or 2 game suspension minimum

I think he did it, but plenty of innocent people accept punishments to avoid more substantial/impactful ones.

I don't know what they did wrong. I know it shouldnt take this long. Tell me what you know or even think they did wrong.

You present an excellent question: Why is it taking so long to make a decision? Maybe it is because he isnot so confident in the position he originally took? In a Mike Florio story (posted by another poster in this thread) it was reported that he is receiving legal advice regarding his vulnerable position on this matter if the issue is taken to court:

"Attorney Gregg Levy, who was one of the finalists for the job Goodell received in 2006, participated in the Brady appeal hearing as a legal consultant to the Commissioner. It’s believed that Levy has been warning Goodell that it will be difficult to make a suspension stick in court, even under the heightened standard that applies to challenging the outcome of a private arbitration agreement."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/in-trying-to-restore-his-authority-goodell-undermined-his-credibility/2015/05/21/142c8d2c-ffd4-11e4-805c-c3f407e5a9e9_story.html

You and I are on the opposite side of the table on this issue. It's understood that our differences can't be reconciled. However, where we do agree is that it is time for Goodell to make a decisiion and then deal with the aftermath, whatever it is.

Sounds like his "we'll sue!" bluff is being called.

So it never occured to him that they might have been tampered with? Yeah, I can buy that...

I'm not sure it's the giant leap you think it is. There is no one NFL that Indy complained to it was some Sr NFL execs, I'm sure some took it more serious than others. I'm also sure that they get hundreds of nit picky complaints every year. Some they take more serious than others.

It's common sense that if the NFL took it as serious as you suggest they would have done more. Again if this game were close, went into overtime and Tom's stats were worse in the 2nd half to borrow from PT just think what that would have done to the integrity of the game.

The NFL would pretend not to care but Vegas would be going ballistic. The entire nation would, there is simply no way the NFL would have allowed this to happen. The only logical explanation is that they could not have taken it serious. But then some NFL execs did after being given the ball from Indy. They even became overly paranoid about the whole thing.

Should they have taken it more serious, obviously. There is fault here. But it's not a stretch to see that they didn't take it as seriously as they should have. It's easy to dissect what went wrong after the fact or that the ref didn't know exactly who took the balls onto the field. If his 1st thought was they were stolen, he was probably relieved when they showed up on the field and were not out in the parking lot in someone's trunk. "Play ball, I could have lost my job over that one. Uhh Tom, Bill we lost your balls". I'm sure he was thrilled the balls were on the field.

My doctor always told me when you hear hoof tracks, think horses, not zebras. But I guess what do I know because I actually think we walked on the moon too.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

I am so tired of Deflategate gate it is driving me crazy.

To Tom Brady: dude if you didn't have anything to do with deflating the footballs under the minimum PSI allotted by the NFL, causing you to brake the rules then why didn't you cooperate during the investigation? By you not saying anything or cooperating says a lot to me, so take your suspension and be a man. Because you didn't cooperate, and I know you are trying to clear your reputation by having the suspension reduced, sorry man now no matter what happens you are a cheater and you always will be a cheater.

To the NFL: if you are seriously entertaining the Brady's camp request to reduce the suspension you a are crazy. I love watching football, and when something is as big as the NFL I know there is some sort of politics involved to protect the product, but in this case stand firm. If you reduce Tom Brady's suspension then Tom wins, by getting set free and given the ok to cheat, because he knows he is the face of the NFL and now he can get away with anything just by threatening the NFL with a little court case.

It was bad enough after the video taping crap, that every time I watched the patriots play the bills or anyone for that matter I wondered how they were cheating and what they were getting away with, and getting caught with this deflating footballs just confirmed it. As long as Bill and Tom are together that thought will always cross your mind....CHEATERS....

For all those saying that the League should have simply warned the Pats* when they got reports of underinflating balls, two points. First, life doesn't work that way--try that sometime if you ever get arrested or pulled over. "Sorry, officer, but you should have warned me first." The cheater blaming the League for not letting them off with a warning is absolutely ridiculous to the point I'm starting to think some of you are paid by the Pats* to spread doubt (much like Mike Florio seems to be ever since that switch flipped sometime in May). Secondly, remember this particular team*'s history--that warning before Spygate really did a lot of good, didn't it?

After hearing that several owners want to see the full punishment, combined with prior stories about the Pats* being the unabashed kings of tomfoolery of all kinds (witness the NFL Competition Committee members right after Spygate saying it was them over and over and over again being brought before them on charges of cheating), I really suspect that we only know less than half the story on this team. I think these guys are finally just fed up with all of it and want to not see them skate for a change.

For all those saying that the League should have simply warned the Pats* when they got reports of underinflating balls, two points. First, life doesn't work that way--try that sometime if you ever get arrested or pulled over. "Sorry, officer, but you should have warned me first." The cheater blaming the League for not letting them off with a warning is absolutely ridiculous to the point I'm starting to think some of you are paid by the Pats* to spread doubt (much like Mike Florio seems to be ever since that switch flipped sometime in May). Secondly, remember this particular team*'s history--that warning before Spygate really did a lot of good, didn't it?

After hearing that several owners want to see the full punishment, combined with prior stories about the Pats* being the unabashed kings of tomfoolery of all kinds (witness the NFL Competition Committee members right after Spygate saying it was them over and over and over again being brought before them on charges of cheating), I really suspect that we only know less than half the story on this team. I think these guys are finally just fed up with all of it and want to not see them skate for a change.

No one said they should be free and clear because no warning was given - simply that common sense says you issue one in an attempt to avoid all this.

51-49

Forget all the suppositions about what a court may rule or what Goodell may do with the penalty...who can say that they are not at least 51% sure that thie deflation was done at the behest of brady?

I think very few if any are arguing that either.

These articles are... perplexing. The CBS article is downright silly. It states that if Goodell doesn't reduce Brady's suspension he will receive "blowback from the general public," because the Hardy suspension was four games. The author calls that "the Hardy effect." That is a stupid statement on its face. Why the "general public" would measure one by the other is beyond me, but if the "general public" were to make a comparison, and presumedly they consider domestic abuse worse than cheating, does domestic abuse now become some sort of standard by which to judge other, completely unrelated offenses?

Because the "general public" prefers a cheater over a beater.