Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How valuable is the OL coach on game day anyway? I'd think the most important time for him to be out there is now, teaching.

He certainly has a role. He's the guy watching the matchups to give feedback between drives (make sure you do this, watch out for that), as well as keeping guys focused and motivated.

It's not ideal but I'm glad he's going to be here for camp

Edited by NoSaint

@SalSports: The Bills have suspended Aaron Kromer for 6 games.

@SalSports: Just like a player suspended, Kromer can coach all through camp, and will rejoin the Bills soon at St. John Fisher.

Just curious, I'm assuming the suspension is game day suspension? Like he will still be practicing in camp and regular season but not there on game day. Is that right?

Just curious, I'm assuming the suspension is game day suspension? Like he will still be practicing in camp and regular season but not there on game day. Is that right?

Good question, I'd also like clarification. Would be great if he can coach during the week but just can't be at the stadium (or communicate electronically) on game day.

if it is same as player suspension, he will be at camp, but not in the facility at all until the week before game 7.

I'm not worried about how he got off the hook.I'm more concerned with the lack of character that been building on this team.That's one intangible that will haunt us in the end.

Hey, welcome to the Board Sully. It's been a long time since you changed your screen name.

I am surprised it is 6 (I expected 2-4) but they need to set a precedent that they won't be flippant about this kind of behavior, and I'm just glad he will be at camp and not fired.

I thought September only too.

Why again do they need to prove they won't be flippant? I'll buy want but need?

I wonder how much money Kromer got in the settlement from the kid's parents.

I hope Kromer didn't pay the kid much, if anything. Doesn't sound like the charges being dropped meant anything.

LOL--indeed.

Although didn't someone here describe Kromer as a "millionaire"? Wasn't his Florida crime scene a vacation rental?

He could be a millionaire. He's been a coach in the NFL since 2001 and was an OC the past 2 years.

6 games is pretty harsh, but it's just the OL coach and it will only be for game days (I believe), so fine. Moving on.

itll almost certainly be a full 6 week vacation, not just game day, but as its team imposed there could be a surprise like that

Would it surprise anyone if the Bills drop suspension to 2-4 games? Maybe announce he went to anger management and such?

That or if Brady gets his suspension reduced the Bills do so and say its tit for tat.

Hard to fathom.

Brady gets suspended four games for cheating in a playoff game.

Kromer gets suspended 6 games for some undetermined altercation with some misbehaving kids.

Kromer deserves punishment. But 6 games, using Brady as a benchmark, seems heavy-handed.

It's interesting the suspension starts as the season begins. So Kromer will be here during preseason when he can teach technique. When the season begins, coaching is more about implementing the game plan which others can do.

I hope Kromer didn't pay the kid much, if anything. Doesn't sound like the charges being dropped meant anything.

He could be a millionaire. He's been a coach in the NFL since 2001 and was an OC the past 2 years.

His maximum salary has only come in his last 2 years. He doesn't have a million in the bank. I wouldn't count his property assets as they aren't liquid for a payoff to a kid.