Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez guys, is it really so hard to believe it was dark out, some kids were messing with his stuff, he confronted them, they were disrespectful, and he overreacted? Is he really the devil at this point?

Did he do something wrong? Sure. Should he be charged with battery? Probably. Should he lose his job, and be an outcast for the rest of his life? Get a grip. I know if some kids were pulling chairs from my backyard, I would confront them too. The world isn't all rosey, people make wrong decisions and they are punished for it in court. They don't need to be blacklisted because you read it on the internet. Such an overreaction.

Edited by What a Tuel

Geez guys, is it really so hard to believe it was dark out, some kids were messing with his stuff, he confronted them, they were disrespectful, and he overreacted? Is he really the devil at this point?

Did he do something wrong? Sure. Should he be charged with battery? Probably. Should he lose his job, and be an outcast for the rest of his life? Get a grip. I know if some kids were pulling chairs from my backyard, I would confront them too. The world isn't all rosey, people make wrong decisions and they are punished for it in court. They don't need to be blacklisted because you read it on the internet. Such an overreaction.

Most of these people guffawing at Kromer would be using every defense possible to get themselves out of a predicament like this. So much for giving people with no prior history of legal problems second chances.

the rush to ban people and ruin careers is pretty impressive lately. it seems the default fan reaction to an nfl wrongdoing is "how long can we kick him out and how soon can we do it"

nothing about the story says id enjoy being his neighbor but disqualifying him from being a position coach for a team? seems extreme. sit him down a few weeks? probably fair, but im still curious to hear the other side.

Edited by NoSaint

Im not saying he should be blacklisted, but unless something really positive comes out for him (he doesn't get officially charged, innocence, etc) then even if the bills do nothing the NFL is probably going to suspend him multiple games. Players would get suspended over something like this, and coaches are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

I personally hope he sticks this season. Bears oline got a lot better under him, and we need good coaching on the oline.

But there are other things the bills will be considering. We signed incognito, who has had his own issues. We are trying to keep him on the straight and arrow. Keeping a coach or not disciplining him could send a wrong message to incognito that we don't care about accountability. Incognito, who is coached by kromer. Also take into effect we have several players on the team with character issues now. Keeping them all on the straight and arrow can be comprised if all kromer does is get a slap on the wrist.

We don't have a lot of information yet on what Kromer got involved with, but a lot of this makes me skeptical.

Lets say he got home, and there were people on his chairs. Now, if they were kids, I would have told them to take a hike. If they gave me attitude back, I would totally shoot back at them. I wouldnt hit them though unless they were full grown and hit me first. From all the reports Kromer hit the kid first. Now there is a report kromer is claiming it was too dark to see. Now, if it were me, if it was too dark to see I still wouldn't punch someone unless they punched me first. They could have a knife, a gun, 10 friends with them, god knows what.

I don't know exactly what happened, but if I had to guess alcohol was involved and Kromer went way to far, and he will be suspended by the NFL. and if the NFL lets him off without any punishment, the NFLPA will be pissed because had he been a player he would be suspended for at least 4 games, and he should be punished harder because coaches are held to a higher standard. or supposed to be.

the rush to ban people and ruin careers is pretty impressive lately. it seems the default fan reaction to an nfl wrongdoing is "how long can we kick him out and how soon can we do it"

nothing about the story says id enjoy being his neighbor but disqualifying him from being a position coach for a team? seems extreme.

I'd be moritified to learn that my kids stole someone's beach chairs and when confronted gave him lip instead of apologizing, returning them, and getting the hell out of there ASAP.

Most of these people guffawing at Kromer would be using every defense possible to get themselves out of a predicament like this. So much for giving people with no prior history of legal problems second chances.

Yup.

It's pretty easy to believe an NFL offensive line coach flew off the handle and did something incredibly stupid.

It's just as easy to believe three punks stealing chairs late at night said something to the effect of, "GTF outta here old man before we kick your ass."

It's impossible to believe he just saw them in his chairs and jumped them, punched a kid in the eye and threatened to kill his family.

If it TURNS OUT just a slight provocation from the kids caused this guy to go nuts and his reaction was violent and outrageous, then perhaps he loses his job.

If it turns out they were drunk or punks and actually threatened him and he overreacted physically then he should get some time off without pay but not have his career ruined.

If it turns out they were both stupid asses, I'm not sure he deserve more than a slap on the wrist and fine, which I would almost bet is what is going to happen legally.

Don't know if it's been mentioned. But it's a misdemeanor because the bodily harm was not severe enough. He avoided the felony charge on a technicality.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/07/buffalo_bills_ol_coach_aaron_kromer_charged_with_battery_for_physical_altercatio.html

Or because it wasn't severe enough. ;)

What goes for the players, goes for the coaches. Suspend him indefinitely until this gets resolved. Zero Tolerance.

I am hearing that this was pre-meditated, Kromer set these guys up, caught them red handed. Kromers son stayed behind to help the minors gather their belongings, while his dad stormed off in a fit of rage. Wow!!

Exciting yet embarrassing.

Imo

Don't know if it's been mentioned. But it's a misdemeanor because the bodily harm was not severe enough. He avoided the felony charge on a technicality.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/07/buffalo_bills_ol_coach_aaron_kromer_charged_with_battery_for_physical_altercatio.html

All laws are "technicalities." He was charged with the crime he allegedly committed -- not one he didn't.

What goes for the players, goes for the coaches. Suspend him indefinitely until this gets resolved. Zero Tolerance.

I am hearing that this was pre-meditated, Kromer set these guys up, caught them red handed. Kromers son stayed behind to help the minors gather their belongings, while his dad stormed off in a fit of rage. Wow!!

Exciting yet embarrassing.

Imo

He set them up to steal his chairs when they didn't really want to? ;)

The issue is he still hit the kid so unless he can prove it was self defense, he will have a tough time defending himself

CBF

Pretty much. so far the only one that did hitting was kromer according to reports. if kromer was attacked/hit first, it hasn't been reported yet. I am expecting some type of suspension. But people talking about some type of nfl exile is way too extreme. lots of coaches have done worse and were able to come back

Pretty much. so far the only one that did hitting was kromer according to reports. if kromer was attacked/hit first, it hasn't been reported yet. I am expecting some type of suspension. But people talking about some type of nfl exile is way too extreme. lots of coaches have done worse and were able to come back

I agree

It will be interesting to see the punishment he gets from this

CBF

Entrapment. He put those chairs and fishing poles out there on the beach and waited. He would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Exactly. I read that he actually put a huge sign on them that said FREE CHAIRS!!! in huge letters but "just kidding" in tiny letters you could barely see at the bottom. The kids thought they were doing a community service by taking them.