Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

Heres hoping that Seattle and San Diego screw up their QB negotiations

i guess you havent checked out the sports news at all today.... Wilson is locked up for 4 more years..something like 80+ million with 60 million guaranteed...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess you havent checked out the sports news at all today.... Wilson is locked up for 4 more years..something like 80+ million with 60 million guaranteed...

89 five years Seattle did a nice job. still a run first offense though i might guess.

i dont think Wilson stands a chance against our defense though : )

89 five years Seattle did a nice job. still a run first offense though i might guess.

i dont think Wilson stands a chance against our defense though : )

It's a 4 year deal. He gets to test FA or get another fat contract @ 30 years old. Hopefully we'll be all set at QB by then.

anything on sammy?

@SalSports

Rex on Sammy: looked great today. Like nothing happened. You have to double team him or you're really going to struggle.

First day of Bills Training Camp (2:00)

It was a beautiful day in Pittsford, NY as thousands of fans came to St. John Fisher College to see the Buffalo Bills first day of training camp.

Rex and Roman decided they wanted to get all three guys the same number of reps on the same kinds of plays, on two different fields. It's easier to give Simms those same amount of reps as the fourth on the second field as it is to give, say, 2/3 to EJ and 1/3 to Simms, and then the next time 2/3 to Matt and 1/3 to Simms. That's why Simms is probably getting more reps.

It's a 4 year deal. He gets to test FA or get another fat contract @ 30 years old. Hopefully we'll be all set at QB by then.

Ah It seems i have read too many reports.

Thanks for the correction. My apologies

I thought it was a 4 year extension, meaning it doesn't kick in until after this year when he plays out his rookie deal.

It is. He got a signing bonus, so he'll get that money now, but the new deal doesn't kick in until next year. That's why technically it's a 5 year deal with 4 years of "new" money.

Ah It seems i have read too many reports.

Thanks for the correction. My apologies

You are right, sort of. It's 4 more years but he'll still be playing out this year on his rookie deal then the new deal kicks in. It's an extension.

What did I miss with TT being the favorite all of a sudden? I was only gone for a couple hours. Serious question, was someone there today who said he looked really good?

He's always been my favorite ;)

It's just that nobody had a great day, but people got excited about 1 play where Tyrod scrambled out of a collapsing pocket and hit Goodwin for a long TD. Or at least that's what I gather via twitter.

What did I miss with TT being the favorite all of a sudden? I was only gone for a couple hours. Serious question, was someone there today who said he looked really good?

My conjecture is purely that if Cassell plays himself out of the job, then TT moves ahead of EJ if there's a tie. But full pads weren't on today, so it's more than 100% speculation at this point.

He's always been my favorite ;)

It's just that nobody had a great day, but people got excited about 1 play where Tyrod scrambled out of a collapsing pocket and hit Goodwin for a long TD. Or at least that's what I gather via twitter.

Also read it may have been a sack?

"While he didn’t quite rope in the receptions or big plays consistently — mostly a quarterback issue — the second-year player’s route running is what made it such a solid day for him. He consistently left defensive backs in the dust, and considering it was his first full day back to work, his performance was that much more impressive. His talent is hard to ignore, and now the Bills just need a quarterback capable enough to take advantage of it.

The kid is on track. He'll be our Boldin, with about a third of all receptions by the end of the year.