Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Why would the Sabres want Legwand?

He is awful

CBF

Legwand resides in Donesville now. Taking Legwand is doing Ottawa a favor. I don't get this deal at all unless there is something else coming back from the Sens.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this trade with a passion!

@TSNBobMcKenzie

BUF-OTT trade call done. Official: Lehner and Legwand for 21st overall pick. BUF takes all of Legwand's contract. #TSN

@BuffaloSabres

TRADE: The #Sabres have acquired @RobinLehner & David Legwand from @Senators in exchange for 21st overall pick in 2015 #NHLDraft (from NYI).

:sick:

@TSNBobMcKenzie

BUF-OTT trade call done. Official: Lehner and Legwand for 21st overall pick. BUF takes all of Legwand's contract. #TSN

@BuffaloSabres

TRADE: The #Sabres have acquired @RobinLehner & David Legwand from @Senators in exchange for 21st overall pick in 2015 #NHLDraft (from NYI).

Maybe someone should remind Murray he doesn't work for the Sens anymore?

@TSNBobMcKenzie

@BuffaloSabres

WTF?!

What a waste of a 1st round pick

CBF

@TSNBobMcKenzie

@BuffaloSabres

hahaha, well, we can only go up from here boys!

I guess he wanted a goalie who could start now as opposed to 2-3 years from now

CBF

You're right. But I think goalies are completely overrated now, so I won't waste a 1st round pick on one that isn't a star. Corey Crawford is not good and has 3 Cups.

You're right. But I think goalies are completely overrated now, so I won't waste a 1st round pick on one that isn't a star. Corey Crawford is not good and has 3 Cups.

I agree 100% I think a 1st round pick was too much and that they probably could have had the same deal for a 2nd round pick

CBF

If I'm a GM, I try to get as many picks as possible. As much as we pretend like the draft is a science, it's a crap shoot. Sometimes, you get lucky. Personally, I would have just drafted a goalie.

You do know that goalies rarely play immediately in the NHL, right? When you draft a goalie, you're looking at 3-4 years down the road in most instances.

You do know that goalies rarely play immediately in the NHL, right? When you draft a goalie, you're looking at 3-4 years down the road in most instances.

I know. I just think the goalie position has be devalued. Because of the rules, it's so hard to score anyways.

I fully expect Murray to trade the #2 pick to Ottawa as well. Timmy wants the Ottawa job when uncle Bryan steps down. He needs to gum up our works as much as possible before leaving.

Sabotage is the only excuse I can accept because I can't believe Murray is stupid. Just a bad trade all the way around.

@BuffaloSabres

Official news release with details: #Sabres acquire Lehner, Legwand in deal with @Senators. http://goo.gl/CDBQuV

CIbyWONW8AApsSW.jpg

I fully expect Murray to trade the #2 pick to Ottawa as well. Timmy wants the Ottawa job when uncle Bryan steps down. He needs to gum up our works as much as possible before leaving.

Sabotage is the only excuse I can accept because I can't believe Murray is stupid. Just a bad trade all the way around.

Might as well "throw in" Reinhart, Risto, and Girgensons too. :lol:

Step away from the ledge and let the day play out. Geez.

Step away from the ledge and let the day play out. Geez.

I prefer to engage in some hyperbolic criticism instead. But I'm sure there are others who may need saving. Glad you are here for them.

I guess he wanted a goalie who could start now as opposed to 2-3 years from now

CBF

Murray better hope like hell Lehner recaptures the form that he showed in the 2012-13 season.

@SunGarrioch

David Legwand excited to go Buffalo. “It’s a team that’s going in the right direction with Mr. Pegula. (continued) ...

They’re putting the pieces in place to have an organization that’s going to win for a long time,” said Legwand. #Sens (continued)

“Tim Murray has done a good job building up draft picks and the prospects. “Now it’s time to go in there and give them a chance to win.”

@DaveDavisHockey

Got text from NHL scout who says Lehner is "a terrific young goalie", reminds him of Olaf Kolzig. "Definitely the best goalie Ottawa had."

Murray better hope like hell Lehner recaptures the form that he showed in the 2012-13 season.

@SunGarrioch

@DaveDavisHockey

Got text from NHL scout who says Lehner is "a terrific young goalie", reminds him of Olaf Kolzig. "Definitely the best goalie Ottawa had."

Wow...

Really?

CBF