Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was unhappy with the trade but as I settled in I'm willing to let it play out. I kind of forgot Lehner is only 23/24. He's certainly got loads of potential.

I'm very hopeful that Irbe wants to remain on Bylsma's staff. This kid has a lot of talent to work with and Irbe was basically turning water into wine with Lindback last season.

@ian_mendes

B. Murray on Lehner: "I didn't want to put him in Buffalo I wanted him to go out west, but we couldn't get a deal done to our satisfaction."

June 26: Bryan Murray on Acquiring 21st Pick in NHL Draft

Sens General Manager Bryan Murray speaks with Sens TV moments after acquiring the 21st pick in the 2105 NHL Draft in exchange for Robin Lehner & David Legwand

I like Lehner, I like this move. We'll see down the road, but IMO The 21st pick is usually at least a couple years away from being NHL ready. The Sabres have a lot of young talent that is still developing, it's time to get players that are NHL ready. I love GMTM's boldness, it's such a refreshing change from the Darcy years....

I don't know much about the goalie - is he no good?

I like Lehner, I like this move. We'll see down the road, but IMO The 21st pick is usually at least a couple years away from being NHL ready. The Sabres have a lot of young talent that is still developing, it's time to get players that are NHL ready. I love GMTM's boldness, it's such a refreshing change from the Darcy years....

i guess I look at it that way too. I really don't know this goalie's value but am hoping they actually have a competitive team this year so if they get a goalie who can play right away and is decent, I guess I don't have an issue.

#Sabres GM Tim Murray addressing the media now in Fort Lauderdale. #SabresDraft2015
CIb9HWwUAAItiHe.jpg
Murray: Lehner was our target. #1 goalie available in our eyes. We came to an agreement. #SabresDraft2015
Murray on Lehner: Big, tall goalie. Highly competitive. Talented. Think he's a #1 goalie. #SabresDraft2015
Murray: You don't win without a good goaltender. Lehner has proven he can win & he's highly competitive. #SabresDraft2015
Murray: You have to dig deep into this kid's background, what a starting goaltender is in @NHL. We've done our homework. #SabresDraft2015
Murray on Legwand: He's a veteran of this league. He's a pro. He's a man. #SabresDraft2015
More of #Sabres GM Tim Murray's comments to come shortly on http://Sabres.com#SabresDraft2015

Whoa! What kind of statement is that? Is that supposed to be a joke that only Tim gets?

The Sens didn't want to trade Lehner to a team in the East and certainly not in the Atlantic division. No Western team would meet their asking price, so they reluctantly made the deal with the Sabres.

Stole this from someone else on another site. :lol::lol:

Sabres' Fans at 8 AM this morning

sNNWuXO.gif

Sabres' Fans at 12 noon

wF5GwnA.gif

The Sens didn't want to trade Lehner to a team in the East and certainly not in the Atlantic division. No Western team would meet their asking price, so they reluctantly made the deal with the Sabres.

No kidding, Bryan. Wonder why no one else was willing to offer a 1st?

Here's mine:

1. Connor McDavid

2. Jack Eichel

3-211. WTF cares?

Huh. Just because you don't know the prospects after 1-2 doesn't mean you waste valuable draft picks.

How'd you feel if the Bills traded a first round pick for Brice Brown, let alone a 4th...

Huh. Just because you don't know the prospects after 1-2 doesn't mean you waste valuable draft picks.

How'd you feel if the Bills traded a first round pick for Brice Brown, let alone a 4th...

This is a good deal for hockey, would be a bad deal in football...

It's a bad deal in both sports, IMO. It's a buyers market for goalies and Tim way overpaid when he didn't have to...

Fair enough, I like it, you don't, time will tell...I like it because we have an quality NHL ready goalie now. Instead of waiting years to see if a late draft pick pans out. for example, in 2011 they selected Joel Armia with the 16th pick. He might be a good NHL player, but he's still not ready...

Edited by ricojes

Fair enough, I like it, you don't, time will tell...I like it because we have an quality NHL ready goalie now. Instead of waiting years to see if a late draft pick pans out. for example, in 2011 they selected Joel Armia with the 16th pick. He might be a good NHL player, but he's still not ready...

im not a hockey expert, but I have to agree. Don't the Sabres have a ton of young prospects waiting in the wings already?