Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something doesn't smell right in the trade explanations. Bryan Murray regrets sending Lehner to Sabres, but relented only after Sabres gave up the first rounder. Tim Murray explains that Ottawa wouldn't have done the deal if Sabres also didn't take Legwand. At least they could have coordinated the stories a bit.

Something doesn't smell right in the trade explanations. Bryan Murray regrets sending Lehner to Sabres, but relented only after Sabres gave up the first rounder. Tim Murray explains that Ottawa wouldn't have done the deal if Sabres also didn't take Legwand. At least they could have coordinated the stories a bit.

wgr was just saying they at least think the two GMs would have been totally honest with each other, given the relationship.

It makes sense to me. The Sens wanted to shed Legwand's contract because their owner sets an internal cap, while Bryan Murray was determined to get better value for Lehner after they got burned in the Ben Bishop trade with the Lightning.

It makes sense to me. The Sens wanted to shed Legwand's contract because their owner sets an internal cap, while Bryan Murray was determined to get better value for Lehner after they got burned in the Ben Bishop trade with the Lightning.

It totally makes sense if you tend to believe that Bryan fleeced Tim.

Whoa! What kind of statement is that? Is that supposed to be a joke that only Tim gets?

I finally get it now. It was Bryan Murray talking. Not Tim. It made no sense to me either!

@ian_mendes

B. Murray on Lehner: "I didn't want to put him in Buffalo I wanted him to go out west, but we couldn't get a deal done to our satisfaction."

It totally makes sense if you tend to believe that Bryan fleeced Tim.

Tim Murray was willing to meet the price because it was presented as take it or leave it. If it were me, I would told the Sens to pound sand and looked elsewhere. TM obviously believes in Lehner and he better be right!

CIc1kTNWgAEx6xy.jpg

Tim Murray was willing to meet the price because it was presented as take it or leave it. If it were me, I would told the Sens to pound sand and looked elsewhere. TM obviously believes in Lehner and he better be right!

And that's the rub, B Murray admitted that he wasn't getting the offers he liked, until he talked to the nephew who gave him a 1st rounder AND took on a $3 million salary dump.

You're correct that GMTM better be right with his assessment, because he's been very cavalier with his draft assets and Pegula's money to stock his roster.

And that's the rub, B Murray admitted that he wasn't getting the offers he liked, until he talked to the nephew who gave him a 1st rounder AND took on a $3 million salary dump.

You're correct that GMTM better be right with his assessment, because he's been very cavalier with his draft assets and Pegula's money to stock his roster.

Even if he's wrong about him, it really doesn't set the Sabres back at all. They are not expected to do much this season, and if he's horrible, they make a move for a better goalie at the trade deadline or next off season. Maybe Legwand has some value at the trade deadline. A "deep draft" in hockey is probably 10-15 solid prospects, in which only a hand full will succeed. That's why I think it's a risk worth taking...

Boston is about to have picks 13, 14, and 15 in this draft with reports that they will deal Lucic to the Kings.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Milan Lucic trade call with LA is done. BOS gets a player, a prospect and the 13th pick in today's draft. #TSN

As @FriedgeHNIC reported, LA player is goaltender Martin Jones.

That's former Soo Greyhound Colin Miller, Martin Jones and 13th overall for Lucic. #TSN.