Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quiet game for Eichel today in the 3-1 USA win over SUI.

Quiet and flat, which the entire team was, pretty much. JE had a tough day at the dot, especially. That said, he committed no errors, either. Every player and team has games like today, though, so I was expecting it. Plus, the Swiss team just seeks to play that grinding style as it is. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he responds in the next game. He and his line mates had been having their way for most of the tourney up to today.

Quiet and flat, which the entire team was, pretty much. JE had a tough day at the dot, especially. That said, he committed no errors, either. Every player and team has games like today, though, so I was expecting it. Plus, the Swiss team just seeks to play that grinding style as it is. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he responds in the next game. He and his line mates had been having their way for most of the tourney up to today.

He also might be a bit fatigued from the hectic schedule. We'll see if he has a bounce back vs. Russia in the semifinals on Saturday. The Russian team has Ovechkin now.

On another subject, John Vogl put together a five part series on the Sabres' players and prospects with a position by position breakdown:

@BuffNewsVogl

Our five-part series on every player in the Sabres' organization is all together in one place. Here is the place. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/05/14/recap-sabres-five-part-depth-chart-photo-galleries-together-in-one-place/

McClellan to Edmonton does seem like a done deal.

Babcock's future is far from known at this time however.

And yes, he's the best coach in the NHL right now almost certainly.

It would be HUGE if he ends up in Buffalo.

How would it compare to Scotty Bowman?

It compares in the sense that Bowman and Babcock were/are considered the best coaches in the game. But that's where it ends. Bowman was coming off 5 cup wins, including four in a row with Montreal when we got him, after all.

Sportsnet.ca: Maple Leafs, Sabres in pursuit of Mike Babcock

It’s a three-team race to secure the services of Mike Babcock.

According to Damien Cox and Elliotte Friedman in Saturday’s edition of “Headlines” on Hockey Night in Canada, only the Buffalo Sabres and Toronto Maple Leafs have formally filed for permission to speak with Babcock regarding his head coaching future.