Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatthewWGR: Source with knowledge of negotiations with Babcock calls reports of Sabres reaction to him going to Toronto "just sour grapes"

@JaySkurski: I'm aware it sounds like sour grapes, but $50 million for a hockey coach is looney tunes. I would've said same had #Sabres paid Babcock that

@MatthewWGR: Source with knowledge of negotiations with Babcock calls reports of Sabres reaction to him going to Toronto "just sour grapes"

I don't understand this tweet. The Sabres' reaction was sour grapes, or the media's reaction after saying Babcock to Sabres "a done deal" was sour grapes?

@JaySkurski: I'm aware it sounds like sour grapes, but $50 million for a hockey coach is looney tunes. I would've said same had #Sabres paid Babcock that

Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup."

"If I want to make some money, I'll go drill a gas well."

I'm not saying I blame Pegula, but I think it was more of a money thing than a control thing for Babcock.

By Ken Campbell - THN

After all of Brendan Shanahan’s bluster about doing things the right way, about conducting a proper, methodical and ultimately successful rebuild, the Toronto Maple Leafs went out and were your father’s Toronto Maple Leafs. They got the big fish, won the press conference and made a larger splash than Kiska, the killer whale at Marineland.

Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup."

"If I want to make some money, I'll go drill a gas well."

I'm not saying I blame Pegula, but I think it was more of a money thing than a control thing for Babcock.

maybe I missed something but I thought it didn't come down to money - they actually offered him a longer deal. Had the deal in principal. Babcock just decided he wanted Toronto.

@mirtle: Okay Sabres fans... money was equal. Why did Babcock choose Toronto if Buffalo is light years ahead, as you're claiming here?

GMTM didn't want to give as much power? Schopp is asserting that.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@mirtle: Okay Sabres fans... money was equal. Why did Babcock choose Toronto if Buffalo is light years ahead, as you're claiming here?

And why should he? Serious question, I don't follow hockey much as far as front office stuff outside of the Sabres. From what I've read he didn't have much roster control in Detroit. Did he have it anywhere else he coached?

Which Stanley Cup winning franchise has a neutered GM and a coach with the power that's being alluded to? I'm all for thinking outside the box but giving a coach equal personnel footing with a GM doesn't seem like it's a recipe for success.

$6.25 million per year in Toronto (over 8 years) is equal to $5 million per year (over 10 years) in Buffalo?

Schopp is a dunce...

Edited by Lurker

@WGR550

Sabres' feel burned by Babcock http://bit.ly/1F2qhzB

Tim Murray and the Pegula’s weren’t just sitting around waiting for Babcock. They have other names and they have other coaches that have had preliminary interviews.

Murray and the Pegula’s have a plan to get this team better. Losing Mike Babcock doesn’t change that plan. There are plenty of coaches out there and maybe they lost the best coach behind the bench, but they didn’t lose a man with a lot of integrity. Babcock did what anybody would do, he secured the best deal for himself, but there are better ways to go about getting it done.

@LouisJean_TVA

Sources indicate the #MapleLeafs were in talks w/ Guy Boucher this am to make him next head coach. In the meantime, Babcock contacted Leafs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@WGR550

Sabres' feel burned by Babcock http://bit.ly/1F2qhzB

@LouisJean_TVA

Sources indicate the #MapleLeafs were in talks w/ Guy Boucher this am to make him next head coach. In the meantime, Babcock contacted Leafs.

wow.

Where do we go from here then?

Saw some tweets about Eichel's coach from BU Dave Quinn. No idea of sabres have interest but he does have ahl head coaching experience and NHL asst coach experience.

@BNHarrington: On NBC pregame, TSNBobMcKenzie said #Sabres will look at Richardson/Bylsma & said Tippett, Julien, Hitchcock would be interesting if fired.

Gotta love that hard working BN sports staff...crackerjack reporting there.

What kind of beer ya drinking tonight, Mikey?