Goodwin attempting to make 2016 Olympics

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I cater those workouts to track-specific things, so I don't lose the rhythm I've always had to keep football and track in balance. I don't want to get too much on the football side and gain weight, so I'm as fast on the field."

From a football fan perspective I'm not sure I like this quote. Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I don't think he's a good enough football player to tailor his workouts to be able to do both things.

Perhaps his focus should be on making the Bills.

Boom. The guy seems to get "shaken up" on every single play. I don't know if I can think of a more fragile Buffalo Bill.

Excellent stuff here and it all ties together. Train to be a footballer player and maybe you don't get injured all the time. You've trained your body for the rigors of football as opposed to training your muscles for track which are very different training regimens no doubt.

Meh, perhaps I've gone to far into it and am carrying some hostility from something he said last year. Good luck either way Marquis.

• 2 weeks later...

Man Canada really sucks at summer sports....

CBF

I was in Toronto for a weekend during the 2012 Summer Olympics....I was sitting on the ferry to Centre Island and there was a conversation going on between many locals about that subject. They were saying they don't even bother watching because Canada isn't competitive. But when it comes to those winter sports...

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was in Toronto for a weekend during the 2012 Summer Olympics....I was sitting on the ferry to Centre Island and there was a conversation going on between many locals about that subject. They were saying they don't even bother watching because the Canada isn't competitive. But when it comes to those winter sports...

Yeah thats pretty much how a lot of us feel.

Dont get me wrong we are all proud of our athletes we just dont expect much from them in the summer games but we still watch

CBF

I was in Toronto for a weekend during the 2012 Summer Olympics....I was sitting on the ferry to Centre Island and there was a conversation going on between many locals about that subject. They were saying they don't even bother watching because the Canada isn't competitive. But when it comes to those winter sports...

It makes sense. Jamaica should be good at summer sports and Canada should be good at winter ones.

That Jamacian bobsled team though.