Church Shooting

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get back to me when you can spout anything other than your neo-confederate talking points. The next time you post an idea not directly from their discredited dogma will be your first.

There you go again, with your thinly veiled charges of racism, and with a doubling down on your poisoning the well fallacy. It really is all you have, which is laughable, as you're trying to play dress-up as a pseudo-historian.

First of all, I'm not sure what talking points you're alluding to, but I'd love to see where anything I've posted here has been discredited. I won't hold my breath waiting for your efforts, however, given that you have no leg to stand on, and even less intellectual honesty.

No business posting in this thread? Is there no end to the self-appointed gatekeepers here? I will gladly continue to piggyback onto any argument that seeks to deliberately infuse your particular brand of history.

Oh, you can certainly feel free to post, but your content conspires against your seriousness.

Good to see you now owning your unfounded charges of racism, your logical fallacies, and your white washed brand of court psychohistorian revisionism.

I can only tolerate lies and other falsehoods to a point. And I gladly "own" my words in that effort.

This is patently untrue, as you seem to have an inexhaustible capacity to lie and revise yourself. Funny, that.

Instead of creating demons, perhaps you and your ilk should focus on the REAL demons in the story; the wealthy elite that led the South on a path to its own destruction. The same wealthy elite that wasted no time in trying to sanitize the history almost immediately after playing their parts in creating it.

Odd...

That sounds like the history of the North. The South bore the full brunt of their participation in the slave trade, where as the North, writing their own history as victors, absolved themselves of all of their sins. Only very recently, some 150 years later, have Northern institutions begun to self-examine, and confront hard truths about their own history.

The South never ran from it's own history, as you claim, as evidenced by the display of the Battle Flag.

But hey, I understand your fundamental need to whitewash actual history in order to make sure your Statist God-King is protected. Besides, we're all just racists anyway.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

As distasteful as this may be, they have every right to hold their rally. I am quite comfortable thinking that the flag that supersedes theirs is the ultimate symbole of their right to protest.

And thoroughly embarrass themselves in the process.

There you go again, with your thinly veiled charges of racism, and with a doubling down on your poisoning the well fallacy. It really is all you have, which is laughable, as you're trying to play dress-up as a pseudo-historian.

First of all, I'm not sure what talking points you're alluding to, but I'd love to see where anything I've posted here has been discredited. I won't hold my breath waiting for your efforts, however, given that you have no leg to stand on, and even less intellectual honesty.

Oh, you can certainly feel free to post, but your content conspires against your seriousness.

Good to see you now owning your unfounded charges of racism, your logical fallacies, and your white washed brand of court psychohistorian revisionism.

This is patently untrue, as you seem to have an inexhaustible capacity to lie and revise yourself. Funny, that.

Odd...

That sounds like the history of the North. The South bore the full brunt of their participation in the slave trade, where as the North, writing their own history as victors, absolved themselves of all of their sins. Only very recently, some 150 years later, have Northern institutions begun to self-examine, and confront hard truths about their own history.

The South never ran from it's own history, as you claim, as evidenced by the display of the Battle Flag.

But hey, I understand your fundamental need to whitewash actual history in order to make sure your Statist God-King is protected. Besides, we're all just racists anyway.

Oh for crissakes, read a book already. At least one banned by the UDC and other such groups a hundred years ago in efforts to carefully control the education of southerners in many parts of the region.

I don't know if a guilty conscience is at play here or not, but not every card-carrying neo-confederate or white southerner is a racist. So I am not sure why you keep referencing a race card never in play in the first place. But they don't hold the patent on southern heritage and they certainly don't get to re-write history because they think they do.

You aren't interested in serious debate on the issue. Instead, it seems to be all about demons and deities. Little historical fact and loads of emotional vitriol instead. Brush up on the facts, refine your debating style to a more adult level and perhaps we can revisit the issue.

Edited by K-9

As distasteful as this may be, they have every right to hold their rally. I am quite comfortable thinking that the flag that supersedes theirs is the ultimate symbole of their right to protest.

And thoroughly embarrass themselves in the process.

I think it's time for several KKKlansmen vs Black Panthers cage matches. Millions will watch, a lot of money will be made and maybe some of the combatants will be lost in the process.

Back to the flag, I've been trying to wrap my mind around all this. I understand why some people find it offensive (black southerners in particular; I honestly don't give a !@#$ how any Yankee of any race feels about it. It's a southern thing, you wouldn't understand) and I'm even okay with taking it down from a state building if the majority, or even close to a majority don't like it because it's a government building that's supposed to represent everyone.

What I'm not okay with is the wholesale demonization of it. That symbol means different things to different people. To some maybe it represents racism, but to others it means something else entirely. There's something uniquely "southern" about the south that has nothing to do with race. Just like people in southern California have their surfer dude culture, New Yorkers have their pretentious, artsy, avant garde culture, and people in Jersey have their greaseball culture, the south has it's own culture. The rest of the country sticks their noses up at the south. Southern kids are told To be ashamed of their culture. To a lot of people that flag's a way of saying !@#$ what those guys think.

To some it's about the traditions that have been handed down like southern farm life, Baptist upbringing, and being neighborly. To others it means something else.

To me it's about the Dukes of Hazard, 20th century country music, bonfires down by the river on summer nights, pretty girls with cute Carolina accents, rednecks in Trans Ams, southern hospitality, country stores, weeping willows, hot humid days with the sun beating down, rope swings, front porches, and fishing holes. And also about !@#$ those other guys, being southern's badass.

I don't have much tolerance for self-righteous Yankees and their hypocrisy. It's not enough to have conquered our people but they still have to stomp our culture out of existence with their anti-southern bigotry while simultaneously advancing a multicultural ideal and "celebrating diversity."

If you don't get that then that's fine, but know what and who it is you're condemning before you speak up.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is also on the scene. The agency is leading investigations of five other fires that have struck Southern predominantly black churches in recent weeks. So far, three of the incidents have been identified as arson or potential arson

If you guys are good conservatives - I will be glad to be called a liberal

Church Burnings: Falsified History Repeats Itself
by Michelle Malkin
FTA:

Once again, falsified history is repeating itself. The NAACP, which capitalized on the Clinton-era race hustle, is now pushing the new arson-epidemic narrative. The organization remains shamelessly undaunted after fueling the fake NAACP “bombing” in Colorado Springs earlier this year. The group’s CEO, Cornell Brooks, tweeted the incendiary “#WhoIsBurningBlackChurches” hashtag on Tuesday and disclosed that he is “informing churches, reviewing legislation, pushing media awareness, and deciding legal options.”

Buried beneath the sensationalized social-media avalanche of panic: the more judicious and careful observations of Los Angeles Times reporter Matt Pearce that the feds have made no official determinations that any hate crimes have taken place and that “it’s unclear whether any of the fires are linked.”
It was observed that one of the half-dozen church fires was most likely “accidental” and had “no element of criminal intent.”
Another “was likely touched off by an electrical short” after a tree limb fell on the property, yanking the electrical service line with it.
And yet another alleged “black-church arson” actually involved a white church “struck by lightning.”
No matter.
NBC News trumpeted: “Spate of Fires at Black Churches Raise Concerns of Rise in Hate Crimes.”
The Washington Post ominously tallied “five predominantly black Southern churches burn within a week; arson suspected in at least three.”
The New York Daily News blared: “String of apparent arson fires plague black churches in Carolinas, Georgia, and Tennessee.”
Mic.com quoted a hate-crimes “expert” blaming — you guessed it — “the growth of violent right-wing extremist ideology in the U.S.” for the nonexistent black-church-arson epidemic
. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. In this case, it’s coming from the five-alarm self-immolation of agenda-driven journalism’s credibility.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4)– A Colorado Springs man was arrested after police believe he left racist messages outside a church.

Vincent Broughton, 44, who is black, is facing charges for committed a bias-motivated crime and disorderly conduct.

The signs were posted outside the New Covenant church that is predominately attended by African Americans. One sign references the KKK. Another reads, “Black men beware, you are the target.”

Read more at denver.cbslocal.com ...

Now the standard response here is .....Why are you denying racism? ....when we are doing no such thing

Truth is always vital in these types of "epidemics"

They must manufacture the hate, considering the fact that racism, as an institution, is long gone. Are there racists here and there? Absolutely, but they ARE the minority, and mainstream America does NOT identify with them.

Read more at denver.cbslocal.com ...

Now the standard response here is .....Why are you denying racism? ....when we are doing no such thing

Truth is always vital in these types of "epidemics"

They must manufacture the hate, considering the fact that racism, as an institution, is long gone. Are there racists here and there? Absolutely, but they ARE the minority, and mainstream America does NOT identify with them.

It's a shame that history doesn't provide anything in the way of benefit of the doubt on the issue of black churches burning in the south, especially on the heels of racist nut jobs committing mass murder. Black arsonists and insurance scammers could have a field day against that backdrop. Hell, even natural causes like lightening strikes are doubted initially thanks to that history.

It's a shame that history doesn't provide anything in the way of benefit of the doubt on the issue of black churches burning in the south, especially on the heels of racist nut jobs committing mass murder. Black arsonists and insurance scammers could have a field day against that backdrop. Hell, even natural causes like lightening strikes are doubted initially thanks to that history.

Kinda like how black racist nut jobs keep committing mass murder and no one seems to pay attention.

Too bad one of those parishoners didn't have a gun to use while he was reloading,but I guess that's why these guys always choose an area where unarmed people will be. Those parishoners who spoke afterwards are truly a reflection of God and his teachings.May their loved ones rest in peace.

Kinda like how black racist nut jobs keep committing mass murder and no one seems to pay attention.

Black racist nut jobs committing mass murder in this country? I know their atrocities in Africa go largely unreported upon by the major media outlets, but anyone who commits mass murder in the USA, black or white, doesn't go unnoticed. If you are alluding to the high number of black on black murders in this country, that's another subject.

Too bad one of those parishoners didn't have a gun to use while he was reloading,but I guess that's why these guys always choose an area where unarmed people will be. Those parishoners who spoke afterwards are truly a reflection of God and his teachings.May their loved ones rest in peace.

Amazing grace indeed!

Why is it another subject? What makes it different? The fact that black people are doing all the killing?

I think they are different subjects because of the difference between an individual, black or white, committing mass murder and individuals being murdered on a large scale. While both tragic, the former engenders much more media coverage in this country.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the unfortunate history of black churches being burned in the south and why that history makes it too easy to cast suspicion in the wrong direction when it happens today. That was my only point.

Now I'm reading that TV Land has decided to stop running re-runs of "Dukes of Hazzard."

No. I'm not kidding.

Way to schitt the bed, America.

We couldn't look more pathetic if we tried.

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Please, tell me you're kidding me.

But Hogan's Heroes goes on.

Edited by Chef Jim

Now I'm reading that TV Land has decided to stop running re-runs of "Dukes of Hazzard."

No. I'm not kidding.

Way to schitt the bed, America.

We couldn't look more pathetic if we tried.

A slew of "Robert E. Lee High Schools" around the country are changing their names, too.

But Forrest High School...no one gives a **** about that.