So I might have to testify

DC Tom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your case, I wouldn't worry. No one's stealing your identity. Who'd want to be you?

LMAO!

That's what I have been saying all along!--

"Here! Take my life! Want the children? Wife... Have them... Oh yeah, you gotta work @ Midnight and go lock that drunk douchebag that keeps on hitting that annoying buzzer/signal!"

Ha! Somehow I can't get the Blues Brothers restaurant scene out of my head now!

"Have a nice life... Oh and thanks fro the scratch when I sold the children and wife!"

Thanx! I haven't seen anything yet, but will scour through the inbox... Also check and see if anybody else received something.

Did they tell you what was compromised... What to watch for, etc... Anything you should be doing?

First their carp invade your waterways, then their hackers steal your information :P

I have never been a Federal employee but I have worked on Government contracts. I received an email that additional systems beyond OPM may have been compromised. No specifics, just the blanket email saying that I may or may not be affected.

First their carp invade your waterways, then their hackers steal your information :P

I have never been a Federal employee but I have worked on Government contracts. I received an email that additional systems beyond OPM may have been compromised. No specifics, just the blanket email saying that I may or may not be affected.

"Beyond OPM" is...complicated. This data goes all the way back to 1985, which is well before OPM was responsible for it. The data was generated from so many sources and changed hands enough over the past 30 years that "systems beyond OPM" is an almost meaningless statement.

I obviously can't give any sort of official statement. But the people I know at OPM who work on these systems say that they aren't even getting straight answers from OPM management. That alone speaks volumes.

"Beyond OPM" is...complicated. This data goes all the way back to 1985, which is well before OPM was responsible for it. The data was generated from so many sources and changed hands enough over the past 30 years that "systems beyond OPM" is an almost meaningless statement.

I obviously can't give any sort of official statement. But the people I know at OPM who work on these systems say that they aren't even getting straight answers from OPM management. That alone speaks volumes.

1985? Great Scot Tommy! What were you thinking? It will take 1.21 gigawatts to fix it!

Congress: So Tom tell us what you know about this.

Tom: "Beyond OPM" is...complicated. This data goes all the way back to 1985, which is well before OPM was responsible for it. The data was generated from so many sources and changed hands enough over the past 30 years that "systems beyond OPM" is an almost meaningless statement.

Congress: :huh::unsure::blink::wacko:

Tom: Idiots. :rolleyes: