Dez Bryant to hold out into the season? (Update - Cha-Ching)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think they called his. He didn't get Megatron money and that deal is 3 years old. Hell, Mike Wallace is getting $12.5MM/yr.

Usually when a big time elite player comes up for contract it eclipses the guy before him. Didn't happen to Dez.

dez also isnt as good as megatron. hes an excellent player but not generational, and comes with baggage.

so after this year its 4 years $47m with $23m Guaranteed. That's not bad. If He has 2 really good years in a row, They got a steal with this deal

Ha! Minus the 23m up front, it's a steal, eh? Forget the signing bonus and most deals look cheap.

$12m guaranteed is enough to last a lifetime. Sign the tag and play the game. He's still going to get his long-term offer this year or next.

Des is thanking the stars you are not his agent.

Personally I think they called his. He didn't get Megatron money and that deal is 3 years old. Hell, Mike Wallace is getting $12.5MM/yr.

Usually when a big time elite player comes up for contract it eclipses the guy before him. Didn't happen to Dez.

That is a little out of context. Megaton drafted before the rookie wage scale, which puts the whole tag number out of whack. Why Suh could not be tagged, why Bradford got traded.

And when Wallace was signed he was a UFA and the Stillers did not hold the same leverage as the Cowboys did. Dez hits the open market, he getting a megaton deal. But that could be 3 years and a whole ton of risk, so he takes this deal.

Franchise tag sucks for players.

Edited by plenzmd1

dez also isnt as good as megatron. hes an excellent player but not generational, and comes with baggage.

Maybe. But he's closest. And he's going to be a key to getting them to a SB. Megatron is an expensive trinket on a team going to no SBs any time soon, or ever.

Des is thanking the stars you are not his agent.

I was never speaking from the perspective of Dez or his agent. But I was feeling grumpy about my own finances when I said that!

Also, interesting that after the collusion report surfaced that Thomas and Bryant both signed similar contracts, at least in length and total value.

Edited by Big C

Franchise tag sucks for players.

Then fire your union reps who signed deal - they approved it, they need to live with it.

Yes to get rid of franchise tags they would have had to given something else up buy that is why the contracts are negotiation and I am sure the Pegulas will read the contract unlike 30 GMs in a previous contract.

Your worth what you can negotiate. Plain and simple. I'm not as concerned about Dez as he is a heck of a player that seems to move past his knucklehead actions.

My larger concern thinking down the road is similar to whatan earlier poster commented on Sammy. We had better take advantage of the amount of talent that is on this team, as there are a number of talented guys on their rookie contract that will be expensive in the next couple of years. Sammy, Cordy, Preston Brown, Stefan, and so on.

We're going to lose some of them unless this salary cap really goes up.

Dez is absolutely wort it...leads the league in td's since he came in the league. Megatron is the better wr but he always seems to have an injury. Dez hasn't missed a game in years and other than a rumored video I don't think he's had an off the field incident. I thought the boys were dumb for not extending him