Bills' Organized Team Activities: May 26-29

When he was hired. Said he would be given a chance but needed to use his legs more. Or when they said he was slow in getting the ball out. Or that they weren't sure and wanted to bring in other QB's to figure out the position.

Or when he said "he sure didn't look like he regressed last year"

Wait...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he was hired. Said he would be given a chance but needed to use his legs more. Or when they said he was slow in getting the ball out. Or that they weren't sure and wanted to bring in other QB's to figure out the position.

i don't remember anyone saying those things were taken out of context or to cause controversy. I took them at face value. As in, I agree he needs to use his legs more (since he was coached not to last year) and that he should get the ball out quicker. None of those statements are surprising. So Rex has been straightforward imo. Therefore I'll take today's comments at face value as well.

https://instagram.com/p/3J6O6hw2Ht/

Kouandjio looking big.

He's admitted that he wasn't in the best shape at the start of last year. Here's hoping that being forced to ride the pine means that he's ready to live up to his potential this year.

The nice thing about Roman and our Tackle situation is that he can absolutely put 3 tackles on the field at once. (Balco sets)

@viccarucci: QBs Matt Cassel & E.J. Manuel worked w starters as #Bills began OTAs today, Rex Ryan said. Tyrod Taylor & Jeff Tuel worked w backups.

@viccarucci

On Wed, when OTA is open to media, Manuel & Taylor will work w starters, Cassel & Tuel w backups. Ryan: "We'll keep rotating our guys.

VA Bills, the quote was:

"I know EJ is somebody that we looked at when he came out. I think the entire league did. I feel like he has a lot of traits that you look for in a quarterback. He's smart, he's dedicated. I think he has movement skills. I'd like to see him use his legs more than he has. Sometimes, just like we mentioned through coaching and even playing quarterback, I think a little more experience the better you are going to be. The more comfortable you are going to be. He'll certainly be given an opportunity here."

Where in that is he saying EJ was bad? He's not saying "he will be given a chance but..." anything, that's a misquote.

I'd welcome links to the quotes on the other two, but I somewhat doubt either was said exactly that way.

Saying you're going to bring in competition at the QB position is not the same as saying the QB is bad. It's simply saying he's not the entrenched starter and he's got to prove that he can be.

VA Bills, the quote was:

"I know EJ is somebody that we looked at when he came out. I think the entire league did. I feel like he has a lot of traits that you look for in a quarterback. He's smart, he's dedicated. I think he has movement skills. I'd like to see him use his legs more than he has. Sometimes, just like we mentioned through coaching and even playing quarterback, I think a little more experience the better you are going to be. The more comfortable you are going to be. He'll certainly be given an opportunity here."

Where in that is he saying EJ was bad? He's not saying "he will be given a chance but..." anything, that's a misquote.

I'd welcome links to the quotes on the other two, but I somewhat doubt either was said exactly that way.

Saying you're going to bring in competition at the QB position is not the same as saying the QB is bad. It's simply saying he's not the entrenched starter and he's got to prove that he can be.

I think one he was referring to was the first voluntary workout interview.

“The thing I noticed with (Matt) Cassel, the ball comes out in rhythm, it’s here, boom, boom, boom, hitting it,” said Ryan. “EJ was impressive to me today. I’d still like to see it speed up just a tad, but he was impressive. Tyrod made some huge plays today. He throws a deep ball extremely well. You put him on the move he’s a dangerous weapon out there. Tuel wasn’t as impressive. There are a couple of things he’s got to get a little better at, but overall, I was impressed with the group.”

I think one he was referring to was the first voluntary workout interview.

“The thing I noticed with (Matt) Cassel, the ball comes out in rhythm, it’s here, boom, boom, boom, hitting it,” said Ryan. “EJ was impressive to me today. I’d still like to see it speed up just a tad, but he was impressive. Tyrod made some huge plays today. He throws a deep ball extremely well. You put him on the move he’s a dangerous weapon out there. Tuel wasn’t as impressive. There are a couple of things he’s got to get a little better at, but overall, I was impressed with the group.”

I remember that interview...So what. Still doesn't mean Rex said he was "bad"