we will regret not drafting garrett grayson

mark my words

What's so special about Mark? Couldn't we Tom them? Or Harry them?

re Garett Grayson how will we know? Serious Q. Brees has started all but 1 game in the last 10 years, and that 1 game was a meaningless week 17.

If he sits on the bench for 2-3 years and then comes in and looks OK, or even good, is that what we wanted?

Grayson was drafted into a situation where he will be expected to be a disciple rather than a savior. It was the right move for all involved. The only logical regret the Bills could have in relation to Grayson is not being able to acquire a HOF QB with a few years left to be his predecessor, and therefore make using a second rounder on him appropriate.

So you would have drafted him in the second round? Not me, but who knows.

Yeah it's not like a Russell Wilson situation. He wasn't graded out as a 2nd round QB (obviously by anyone) and they didn't get a chance to consider him 3rd round. It's really possible they wanted Grayson and the whole Petty smokescreen was to try and get the Saints to draft him. They knew the Saints would be interested in a QB, would be picking a few spots ahead of them, and had a link to Petty. Instead the Saints take him and Bills don't end up drafting a QB at all. Given the number of reports that they were going draft a QB at some point, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the one guy they were willing to draft and timing just didn't quite work out. Every other QB they had multiple shots at and passed. I can't hold it against them for not taking him in the 2nd.

Assuming you're correct which you more likely will be wrong just because well over half of the QB hopefuls fail so the odds are against you, but even then OK so we have our franchise QB, but if it will take 2 to 3 years by then the rest of your roster will then need to be rebuilt.

I also think in today's NFL it's very hard to have a franchise QB and have a great team around him as the elite QB's eat up too much of your salary cap. Which then leads back to my first comment as will then be hard to rebuild the team if you're already paying for a franchise QB. Will be very interesting to see what happens in Seattle over the next couple of years as to what happens with Wilson and the rest of their roster.

What's so special about Mark? Couldn't we Tom them? Or Harry them?

re Garett Grayson how will we know? Serious Q. Brees has started all but 1 game in the last 10 years, and that 1 game was a meaningless week 17.

If he sits on the bench for 2-3 years and then comes in and looks OK, or even good, is that what we wanted?