Report- Bills hoping to extend Dareus before Training Camp

Only stupid pats fans would assert that fake weed is "cheating" and hurting the integrity of the game.

Fake weed in the middle of spring. That has competitive advantage written all over it

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id imagine it would be much easier to lock him up now than after this seasons is over (assuming he does well again).

Not sure it matters...the market has basically been set by Suh and McCoy. Dareus will most likely get the exact same deal as Suh.

If you franchise Dareus twice it doesnt send a good message to the other players in the locker room.

If the Pegulas take care of their own, other players will want to come here and more players will want to stay. Need to undo the culture that's been created the last 20 years where players have great seasons and walk out the door.

Signing the best DT in the league, that we also happened to draft, is a huge step into sending a message to future Bills. You perform well here, you will be rewarded.

Suh's contract makes things very difficult.

it would be significantly cheaper to franchise tag dareus twice.

the bills are now in a position where they can creatively structure contracts with large amounts of gtd money, and to fit under cap

Dareus will be a hall of famer. He's put together 4 extremely good years and now he has Rex Ryan for at least 5 years.

He is your defensive centerpiece over the next 6-8 years.

I don't know about all that HOF talk, or the 5 years of Rex stuff ... but I do agree that he's got a bright career ahead of him and it would behoove the Bills to lock his ass up.

If you franchise Dareus twice it doesnt send a good message to the other players in the locker room.

If the Pegulas take care of their own, other players will want to come here and more players will want to stay. Need to undo the culture that's been created the last 20 years where players have great seasons and walk out the door.

Signing the best DT in the league, that we also happened to draft, is a huge step into sending a message to future Bills. You perform well here, you will be rewarded.

See there is this thing called the salary cap......and all the other NFL teams have to live by it no matter how rich their owner is.....

and.....well....you know

Their problem is that most of them aren't really fans of either the team or the game. They are Johnny-come-lately crybabies that only want to be fans when it's convenient. They have no clue what they're talking about with regard to most matters surrounding the game. They have no idea why they're constantly accused of cheating, and why certain offenses are much different than others.

The reason that most of them cannot enjoy success is that they aren't invested in it. They don't really care about the team the way other team's fans do, so they can't appreciate the magnitude of winning it all (even if they have repeatedly cheated to do so).

Most Pats fans are GIANTS fans that ducked and ran when the going got tough.....

We'll see their true colors return when Brady retires...

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

It's nice but let's not pretend that most teams don't occasionally use the tag to their advantage

I don't know about all that HOF talk, or the 5 years of Rex stuff ... but I do agree that he's got a bright career ahead of him and it would behoove the Bills to lock his ass up.

Really just an educated guess. He put up 10 sacks last year at DT and is only just now coming into his prime. The talent around him will definitely inflate his numbers over the years. He's got a shot at a jacket.

While no one can say for certain that he will be a HOF'er, he certainly has the potential and the has started off show that He's definitely worthy of consideration. At least if he keeps on track.

I've lived on and off in Boston for 30 years now, and I can tell you that Pats "fans" are THE most fake in all of professional football, and it's not even close.

Most Pats fan can't even name the team's starting offensive line -- while your average grandmother in Buffalo can not only name the Bills practice squad pick-up last week, they also know his body-fat index and 40-time at the combo 3 years ago ...