Report- Bills hoping to extend Dareus before Training Camp

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICYMI: Forecasting an extension for #Bills DT Marcell Dareus, whose contract is set to expire after the 2015 season. http://bit.ly/1JXcHDc

Projection : 5 years, $54,350,676, Avg salary(slope): $10,870,135

LOL, the team must have a connection to Spotrac. It's going to $15 Million a season at least, we're talking about a top 3 guy at his position. SO this is 50% low.

LOL, the team must have a connection to Spotrac. It's going to $15 Million a season at least, we're talking about a top 3 guy at his position. SO this is 50% low.

At the end of the article they predicted:

Spotrac's Prediction: 5 years, $77,603,434
Average annual salary: $15,520,686

Guaranteed: $36,470,000 (47%)

I'm not sure why they think that Dareus would take $36.7M guaranteed when Suh got $60M guaranteed and McCoy got $51M guaranteed. Dareus has more sacks and solo tackles than McCoy despite playing 1 fewer season in the NFL. There's no way he's going to take significantly less money than McCoy despite out-performing him IMO.

sorry - i must have grabbed the wrong #s and not seen the one at the end... Still low imo

Do we all think it should be more than Suh's deal?

CBF

jmo - if he ends up hitting FA (like Suh did) and goes to another team, he will get more than Suh. If he stays in Bflo, I forsee a deal in between that of Mccoy and Suh and since he is so young, it could be along the lines of a 7 year deal

ICYMI: Forecasting an extension for #Bills DT Marcell Dareus, whose contract is set to expire after the 2015 season. http://bit.ly/1JXcHDc

Projection : 5 years, $54,350,676, Avg salary(slope): $10,870,135

That contact would be a steal!

Do we all think it should be more than Suh's deal?

CBF

I would be very surprised if that were the case. If I had to guess, I would put it at 6 yrs / 100 MM, maybe 7 yrs 110.

I would be very surprised if that were the case. If I had to guess, I would put it at 6 yrs / 100 MM, maybe 7 yrs 110.

markymann's post has the correct numbers from the Spotrac prediction - I grabbed them too early. That said, even those numbers would be steal

markymann's post has the correct numbers from the Spotrac prediction - I grabbed them too early. That said, even those numbers would be steal

haha - i figured it out after posting, i live in oakland and am still feeling the residual effects of the warriors game.

seems low, particularly the guaranteed part.

Marcell's entering his prime. as we speak, before he plays a down this season, i think he'd be able to get more on the open market.

@RapSheet: Even with his looming 1-game suspension, the #Bills hope to lock up star DT Marcell Dareus to a contract extension, hopefully prior to camp

Btw - comments from Pats fans under this tweet are kinda salty

:thumbsup:

pat fans :thumbdown:

(we have a "life long" pats fan at work and he is the most annoying obstinate SOB to be around, I actually transferred to a different area in the shop to get away from him)

Sign and trade him for a top QB, player for player swaps make me happy.

Luck

Only stupid pats fans would assert that fake weed is "cheating" and hurting the integrity of the game.

they are just pissed that their golden boy got pantsed by the League

PAT FANS ARE hurting the integrity of weed.

:lol:

I read that this morning and I don't see that happening. I think that the Bills initial offer will far exceed that (let alone what Dareus' people counter with). My guess is 6 years and $100m is the start.

Not sure about the money, but agree that the length must be at least 6-7 years for an extension, considering that you are "losing" a year to the existing contract. Re-signing him to what would ultimately be a new 4 year deal just doesnt make sense given the lengthy shelf-life of most DTs. Heck, sign him for 10 years if he'd do it! :thumbsup: