Chris Williams also not attending workouts at OBD

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also very little reason for a fan to be concerned about it

I've never seen a linemans season ruined by missing a no pads, optional, practice in May. Nice to get good attendance but no need to dramaticize it

My concern is that Chris Williams is not healthy......back injuries for these linemen is no joke and tends to be a terminal thing.

I am not overly concerned because it looks like the bills had a play that didnt include Williams.....he is however eating a good chunk of salary.

Unless Chris Williams is getting specialized rehab elsewhere, he should be here and soaking up what Kromer says and learning new playbook. He might be retiring with that back injury.

He's a guard- learning the new system is great and all but if a week in May in shorts and a t shirt is make or break in that process, things were horribly wrong before the camp even started.

So because he has a job in entertainment we should be worried..... Because without worry what's the point?

There's plenty of topics we could discuss that are more educational, relevant, or interesting.... But omg Chris missed practice tends to be easier than anything else. So there's that.

Concern themselves with it and worry are 2 different animals. It's part of the industry. Year long reality show. Adds subplots along there way.

He's a guard- learning the new system is great and all but if a week in May in shorts and a t shirt is make or break in that process, things were horribly wrong before the camp even started.

So because he has a job in entertainment we should be worried..... Because without worry what's the point?

There's plenty of topics we could discuss that are more educational, relevant, or interesting.... But omg Chris missed practice tends to be easier than anything else. So there's that.

well.... you might be onto something

There is also very little reason for a fan to be concerned about it

I've never seen a linemans season ruined by missing a no pads, optional, practice in May. Nice to get good attendance but no need to dramaticize it

Oh yeah...there is a need.... :lol:

Agreed. My only concern with him is that he is a lousy football player who takes up a roster spot and cap space. Other than that it's all cool.

LOL! + 1 Funny!

Agreed. My only concern with him is that he is a lousy football player who takes up a roster spot and cap space. Other than that it's all cool.

And the fact he's been chronically injured throughout his career.

But he at least got to take a picture with Marrone in snow March 2014.

Yeah, how dare someone waste one of the precious few new post allotments this board imposes. Now we're stuck talking about this when someone else could have started a much better thread. Guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow. Hope someone with more concern for the rest of is up early to start one of those better topics you speak of. Edited by Acantha

It's good to get 100% participation. It shows the players are committed.

Even one veteran no-show can plant a seed in a young player's mind that skipping voluntary workouts is okay.

At least the two guys missing - Brown and Williams - aren't expected to contribute much anyway.

It is just my opinion

but

To me it says a lot about players that you sign as free agents or trade for when they dont show up......

These guys are veterans

Williams frankly IF HE IS HEALTHY should be in there working to silence his critics.....and working to keep either Cog or Miller on the bench. If he had any competative fire that is what he would be doing instead he is sitting on the paycheck he got from the bills last year.

Bryce Brown should be in there making sure that Rex knows who his name is........we let Spiller go.....Fred is probably a 1 more year player.......Boobie Dixon isnt really a rotational back.......Karlos probably starts off on special teams......if BRYCE WANTED TO COMPETE for a job.....he would be there.

To me.....voluntary participation really is not voluntary.......not in these situations

It is just my opinion

but

To me it says a lot about players that you sign as free agents or trade for when they dont show up......

These guys are veterans

Williams frankly IF HE IS HEALTHY should be in there working to silence his critics.....and working to keep either Cog or Miller on the bench. If he had any competative fire that is what he would be doing instead he is sitting on the paycheck he got from the bills last year.

Bryce Brown should be in there making sure that Rex knows who his name is........we let Spiller go.....Fred is probably a 1 more year player.......Boobie Dixon isnt really a rotational back.......Karlos probably starts off on special teams......if BRYCE WANTED TO COMPETE for a job.....he would be there.

To me.....voluntary participation really is not voluntary.......not in these situations

Like I said, 2013, new system, new staff, we brought in Lawson. He skipped. The "it shows they don't really wanna be here" card or whatever was played. And he ended up being the second best LB on the team that year.

Like I said, 2013, new system, new staff, we brought in Lawson. He skipped. The "it shows they don't really wanna be here" card or whatever was played. And he ended up being the second best LB on the team that year.In

In a year where we were pretty starved for LB's correct?

Im not saying your wrong FireChan......I just dont like it.

It is just my opinion

but

These guys are veterans

Agreed!

In response to a question asked around 2:20 in the following video, Offensive Linemen Coach Aaron Kromer mentions Chris Williams "isn't here at this point."

Aaron Cromer speaks with media

I wonder why, and I wonder who else is choosing to bypass the voluntary workouts.

trying to get a better deal from Toronto