Greg Roman presser: addresses QB rumors

They will not dump on EJ this year. Alot riding on him. He is mobil like kapernick, Roman likes this, not only to occasionally run the ball, but to change the launch point of the ball. The days of the qb standing in the pocket are far and few, brady and payton are the best but defenses are catching on with better pass rushers. If you move the qb defenses dont know where to attack. It becoming a game of speed and finesse and less about power. Rex is building power to counter this speed. A mobil big qb is must to roll away from the blitz and coverage.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's obviously lying, because Leroi said...

Just because on way to empty trash Leroi saw notes does NOT mean he can interpret them properly.

What did anyone expect the OC to say? I hate this player and he's garbage?

No I expected him to say reporters stories were garbage.

Bills Twitter account --

@buffalobills: OC Greg Roman dismissed rumors about EJ Manuel today. READ: http://t.co/ZNFgBjLHAuhttp://t.co/YntfTmfWbC

John Murphy just trashed the Joe B piece on radio. said it was an "opinion" piece that was "distorted" and distributed to the national media

People are taking Joke Buscaglia's opinions far too seriously IMO.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 5m5 minutes ago

Think the Bills already have enough running backs? Coach Anthony Lynn said today the team could still add another.

Roman doesn't deliver his punch lines well, but he said one funny line in that presser. When asked about all of the running backs and trying to get them playing time, he said, "It'll make for some interesting formations in the preseason for sure." He was the only one chuckling at his comment, but I thought it was hilarious.

Roman doesn't deliver his punch lines well, but he said one funny line in that presser. When asked about all of the running backs and trying to get them playing time, he said, "It'll make for some interesting formations in the preseason for sure." He was the only one chuckling at his comment, but I thought it was hilarious.

i noticed that too - I think the media is unsure when Roman is joking. Lol

Bills Twitter account --

@buffalobills: OC Greg Roman dismissed rumors about EJ Manuel today. READ: http://t.co/ZNFgBjLHAuhttp://t.co/YntfTmfWbC

John Murphy just trashed the Joe B piece on radio. said it was an "opinion" piece that was "distorted" and distributed to the national media

And that sums up the problems with the media. They go off Twitter and treat opinions like gossip.

There are very few media members with legit team sources. In Buffalo, unless Carucci is reporting it, I won't take it serious.

finally some sanity :worthy: :worthy:

be kind to Leroi he / she doesn't like being picked on.

Could Leroi be Joe Buscaglia?

Jay Skurski ‏@JaySkurski 2m2 minutes ago

Greg Roman says speculation that EJ Manuel has fallen out of favor with the #Bills is the "furthest thing from the truth."

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

Roman shoots down speculation that EJ Manuel could be cut in training camp if he doesn't show progress.Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 3m3 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Honestly, the QB job is anybody's to take. The ball's are out there, it's anybody's for the taking.Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 5m5 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Ive seen Tyrod Taylor grow as a professional. We are the benefactors of that. Pretty well-rounded player, and, dynamicVic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 5m5 minutes ago

Greg Roman, #Bills OC: Rex (Ryan) runs the ultimate meritocracy. Competition is going to be tight (on offense).

Why has everyone but Joe Buscaglia posted quote from Roman about EJ Manuel?

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 5m5 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Ive seen Tyrod Taylor grow as a professional. We are the benefactors of that. Pretty well-rounded player, and, dynamic

I don't know which is worse- Greg Roman saying that the bill are the "benefactors" when he means the "beneficiaries", or Joe Buscaglia reporting it verbatim to make him sound stupid.

I don't know which is worse- Greg Roman saying that the bill are the "benefactors" when he means the "beneficiaries", or Joe Buscaglia reporting it verbatim to make him sound stupid.

Joke B has been known to use words inappropriately. He may not know the difference. :lol:

How do you know it's not what he meant? :D

I really like Roman's personality. Definitely head coaching caliber ability in press conferences.

I really like Roman's personality. Definitely head coaching caliber ability in press conferences.

After watching Thurman and Roman, I was thinking we had 3 HCs on this staff. I have to say, i was more impressed with Thurman, though he doesn't come off very media savvy; more like, "don't !@#$ with me."

Joke B has been known to use words inappropriately. He may not know the difference. :lol:

Keep it in perspective. Roman is a football coach, paid to coach. Joe B. is supposedly a journalist, paid to write.

No one in or outside the organization should be positive about EJ until he shows something. He's done nothing thus far to raise anyone's hopes and the pressure is on. Hopefully, it will be a new day with EJ but the betting line is still quite unsettled, as it should be. Statements to the contrary are merely innocuous, pre-camp hype, which is to be expected.

The reason I don't think EJ is at risk is he has a guaranteed contract for another two years so there is no downside as you've already paid for him to keep him for two years. He has enough time as a back up to crack the line up.

You'll see him cut in 2017 if he doesn't progress. He is certainly better than many back ups, and especially a third QB on the depth chart in the NFL. I don't know if he'll ever be a sound starting QB. Good 2nd string veteran QB's receive $4 mil / yr.

The reason I don't think EJ is at risk is he has a guaranteed contract for another two years so there is no downside as you've already paid for him to keep him for two years. He has enough time as a back up to crack the line up.

You'll see him cut in 2017 if he doesn't progress. He is certainly better than many back ups, and especially a third QB on the depth chart in the NFL. I don't know if he'll ever be a sound starting QB. Good 2nd string veteran QB's receive $4 mil / yr.

Except at a relatively cheap salary with an option year exercisable by whatever team would trade for him, would make him tradeable for a draft pick or other depth person (LB) if he shows something in camp but doesn't win starting job.

Except at a relatively cheap salary with an option year exercisable by whatever team would trade for him, would make him tradeable for a draft pick or other depth person (LB) if he shows something in camp but doesn't win starting job.

imo we need more depth at Qb than at LB, especially if he shows something at camp. Cassel is injury prone and if they plan to run Tyrod all over the place, the odds of him getting hurt go up.