Ex Miami OL coach destroys Wells;interesting Incognito stuff

He really went into all that detail on Martin's mental state in a radio interview??

What a dirtbag.

Martin !@#$ed over a lot of people by being a coward. !@#$ him.

:death: Yolo- that was torture to listen to. Definitely sour grapes!

90% of the time I see someone use this expression they do so incorrectly. This is not an exception.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were one of those shady lawyers, I'd convince Martin he may have a case against Turner after uttering this on the public airwaves.

GO BILLS!!!

He only has a case if it isn't true.

Which expression?

Sour grapes. It refers to a situation where someone wants something, can't have it, and so they say it sucks. For example, if Turner said his old job sucked because he was pissed that he got fired from it, that would be sour grapes.

This isn't the most egregious misuse of it, but it's not right either.

So the theory is that the NFL wants to suspend Brady?

If you think about it, this works out pretty well for the NFL. The story was too big to go away by itself and trying to pass it off on the water boy wasn't going to fly. They come to a ruling that the coach and the organization were blameless and it looks like probably (but not for sure) Tom Brady knew, and was likely the only other person who knew. So they give him a 4 game suspension and hit up the organization (on a vicarious liability theory?) with as little as they think will appease the public while mitigating damage to the integrity of the league and the league's championship team.

Turner is 10 a cent bully who was exposed by Wells for what he is and consequently is out of the NFL. If one reading the report into the bullying in Miami could muster any support for the idiot that is Incognito it was that far from trying to control his tendencies Turner actively encouraged them. Him going on a radio show to slaughter Wells and Martin shouldn't be treated with anything other than the utter contempt it deserves.

+1. Turner is a clown. It just shows you how pathetic the "reporters" are who cover this stuff that he gets air time.

He only has a case if it isn't true.

That is incorrect. Whether it's true or not is immaterial to the fact that Turner is precluded from discussing any aspect of Martin's medical condition with anyone not privy to that information, especially over public airwaves. It'll be interesting to see if something comes of it. I and others think there's merit in looking into it if Martin should choose to do so but it's understandable why he wouldn't wish to do so.

As to Turner himself and your assertion that we dismiss his words out of hand because of our own biases against the Pats**, I can't speak for anyone else here, but that's not why I dismiss his comments. I question his motives and his own bias relative to commenting on Wells' report. I can't value his opinion based on that alone. He's as far from impartial as one can get.

GO BILLS!!!

That is incorrect. Whether it's true or not is immaterial to the fact that Turner is precluded from discussing any aspect of Martin's medical condition with anyone not privy to that information, especially over public airwaves. It'll be interesting to see if something comes of it. I and others think there's merit in looking into it if Martin should choose to do so but it's understandable why he wouldn't wish to do so.

As to Turner himself and your assertion that we dismiss his words out of hand because of our own biases against the Pats**, I can't speak for anyone else here, but that's not why I dismiss his comments. I question his motives and his own bias relative to commenting on Wells' report. I can't value his opinion based on that alone. He's as far from impartial as one can get.

GO BILLS!!!

On his suit, I don't think that's right, but I could be wrong (I assume you're talking about a HIPAA violation and that's not a topic I'm terribly well versed in) but as far as I know if he's not disclosing confidential medical records then there's no cause of action. And in a standard defamation case the truth is an absolute defense.

As far as dismissing him out of hand, I'm not suggesting people should take his word as gospel, but to dismiss it totally because he's biased is foolish. It's a good reason to be skeptical but it doesn't mean he's lying or that he's wrong. To use that standard you should discount everyone's account because they're all biased.

I stopped at the 1'30" mark or so, when this idiot Jim Turner effectively suggested the profession of lawyering is rooted in lying.

He's a really bright guy, Jim Turner.

Said no one, ever.

It isn't? From my experience Laywers are professional liars who distort facts any way they can. They will leave out information, imply things which are not true, instruct clients on how to present falsehoods, etc.

I did not listen to his ramble but that does not make what he said not true.

Funny how people dismiss this guy out of hand for no real reason other than he's saying something they don't want to hear. Don't worry fellas. You're not idiots, you're just human. But this is a prime example of why humans by and large are pretty !@#$ing stupid with regard to anything they have an opinion about.

Did you listen to the interview? Whenever someone says " to be honest with you" that many times, they are usually lying.

This was a guy who had a player admit to him he twice thought about suicide, yet only could think about how that affected his play by extension this guys job. Who knows this guy has contemplated suicide supposedly, and buys him a doll to ridicule him further in front of his teammates

Who flat out says " I am the only guy from that team who does not have a job , and that is 100% due to Ted Wells"'and I should assume he has. O axe to grind. Cmon Rob, you smarter than that. Listen to the interview and tell me with 100% honesty you think this guy is credible.

BTW, read the threads, I have said I think this report has serious flaws, but this guy is a joke.

Edited by plenzmd1

Turner stated to the press that he contemplated suicide. That makes it public information not privileged whether or not he was privy to the information. If he stated he had knowledge one way or other (verifying it or calling it a false claim for attention) then it would be violation.

So, in essence these were his major points

1) written by a lawyer, all lawyers are shady, have no integrity , and only do things for money.

2) says " in all honesty" like 20 times.

3) says Jonathan Martim contemplated suicide on two occasions and that was not in the report. (yet he never mentions trying to get him any kind of help for depression etc...sounds like a great guy to work for)

4) Schein never asks him a clarifying or any other kind of question. Just lets him roll with the "wow" thrown in there as if everything is gospel.

5) he is the only guy who has not gotten another job, but I suppose that is because he was just railroaded and he does not sound bitter about that all.

Shein is just a ridiculous host at this point. He is just flat out a clown..

Jesus Christ. What a tool (both of them). I hope Martin finds a dishonest, shady lawyer (sorry -- I guess that's redundant) and sues Turner's dumb ass.

Sour grapes. It refers to a situation where someone wants something, can't have it, and so they say it sucks. For example, if Turner said his old job sucked because he was pissed that he got fired from it, that would be sour grapes.

This isn't the most egregious misuse of it, but it's not right either.

Well then don't have sour grapes when everyone uses it incorrectly in the future.

Turner stated to the press that he contemplated suicide. That makes it public information not privileged whether or not he was privy to the information. If he stated he had knowledge one way or other (verifying it or calling it a false claim for attention) then it would be violation.

Did Martin ever say himself that he contemplated suicide? If he did, then yes, it's not a violation on Turner's part.

Did you listen to the interview? Whenever someone says " to be honest with you" that many times, they are usually lying.

This was a guy who had a player admit to him he twice thought about suicide, yet only could think about how that affected his play by extension this guys job. Who knows this guy has contemplated suicide supposedly, and buys him a doll to ridicule him further in front of his teammates

Who flat out says " I am the only guy from that team who does not have a job , and that is 100% due to Ted Wells"'and I should assume he has. O axe to grind. Cmon Rob, you smarter than that. Listen to the interview and tell me with 100% honesty you think this guy is credible.

BTW, read the threads, I have said I think this report has serious flaws, but this guy is a joke.

I Never said he doesn't have an axe to grind, nor did I say anyone should necessarily believe him, but to dismiss his account purely because he's bitter is pretty circular reasoning. If what he's saying is true it makes sense that he'd be bitter.

Personally, I'm inclined to believe him, but that's primarily because his story is pretty consistent with what I thought to begin with.

Edited by Rob's House

So the theory is that the NFL wants to suspend Brady?

That's what I question when I hear Patriots fans say the NFL is out to get Brady...I would assume the NFL would prefer this entire thing never happened...but it did.

There is no logic to build a conspiracy that suggests the NFL (like you said) wants to suspend Brady.

Honestly, I'm not ENTIRELY sold on either side of deflategate yet. Very interested to see who ends up with egg on their face.

That's what I question when I hear Patriots fans say the NFL is out to get Brady...I would assume the NFL would prefer this entire thing never happened...but it did.

There is no logic to build a conspiracy that suggests the NFL (like you said) wants to suspend Brady.

Honestly, I'm not ENTIRELY sold on either side of deflategate yet. Very interested to see who ends up with egg on their face.

I have no doubt that someone in the Pats told those guys to deflate the balls, Brady was aware of it, and that it helped them. And ultimately, you can't get around Brady refusing to cooperate with the investigation.