Ex Miami OL coach destroys Wells;interesting Incognito stuff

That's a HIPAA violation.

How is that a HIPAA violation? He's not Martin's health care provider and he wasn't reading from Martin's chart. He is simply telling a (presumed factual) story involving Martin.

So the theory is that the NFL wants to suspend Brady?

Are you serious? Of course they do. How could they not?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that a HIPAA violation? He's not Martin's health care provider and he wasn't reading from Martin's chart. He is simply telling a (presumed factual) story involving Martin.

You're right, it isn't a violation. I did a search afterwards and found that HIPAA doesn't extend to coaches.

And are you serious? The NFL would rather not suspend a marquee player like Brady. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. He forced their hands.

I hope all went well and you are feeling better.

well, I just looked through a doug!@#$ingflutie thread so I'm riled up. !@#$ that little bastard.

Why would the NFL set out to suspend one of their most marketable players?

From earlier in the thread

If you think about it, this works out pretty well for the NFL. The story was too big to go away by itself and trying to pass it off on the water boy wasn't going to fly. They come to a ruling that the coach and the organization were blameless and it looks like probably (but not for sure) Tom Brady knew, and was likely the only other person who knew. So they give him a 4 game suspension and hit up the organization (on a vicarious liability theory?) with as little as they think will appease the public while mitigating damage to the integrity of the league and the league's championship team.

From earlier in the thread

Do you have something that isn't a conspiracy theory that requires several lapses in common sense that would make sense that the NFL would *want* to suspend what could very well be its biggest star coming off a Superbowl Victory which will mean he is being suspended for the very first NFL game of the season which they surely knew, like the rest of us, was going to cause a stir and fracturing of the relationship between the commissioner and one of his staunchest supporters while dominating the press and tarnishing the legacy of what could be described as the only current modern Dynasty in the NFL?

Yeah, seems like the NFL couldn't wait for this to happen...Ole Roge must wake up each morning giddy about this sh*t.

Edited by jeremy2020

So, the plan was to frame the organization and suspend one of the top draws? I'm sorry, there is nothing the league would prefer less.

No. The point isn't that they wanted to punish Brady; it's that they wanted to mitigate the damage. The league was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure they'd rather have absolved Brady but as I said, trying to pin that **** on the ball boys wasn't going to fly. The public wouldn't buy it. They couldn't save Brady but they could mitigate the damage by absolving the rest of the organization (notice how Kraft, Bellichick, and the rest of the staff aren't implicated in any of this?)

Even though they had to put some of this on Brady they still hung a question mark over his culpability with the "more likely than not" language and the 4 game suspension was probably the lightest suspension they thought the public would buy.

No. The point isn't that they wanted to punish Brady; it's that they wanted to mitigate the damage. The league was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure they'd rather have absolved Brady but as I said, trying to pin that **** on the ball boys wasn't going to fly. The public wouldn't buy it. They couldn't save Brady but they could mitigate the damage by absolving the rest of the organization (notice how Kraft, Bellichick, and the rest of the staff aren't implicated in any of this?)

Even though they had to put some of this on Brady they still hung a question mark over his culpability with the "more likely than not" language and the 4 game suspension was probably the lightest suspension they thought the public would buy.

So, they wanted to suspend Brady for the opening 2 weekends knowing full well that one of those games would be the opener of openers? I see.

If the league was even slightly worried goodell couldve easily sent a memo. I don't think they were dying to create a story out of thin air but I think they are quite alright with how it's gone with Brady.

To doc mentioning Brady's "draw".... I can't imagine the ratings hurt one bit. In fact more eyes might watch the pats now.

Edited by NoSaint

So, they wanted to suspend Brady for the opening 2 weekends knowing full well that one of those games would be the opener of openers? I see.

The amount of web traffic and network viewing has Goodell wiping his ass with $100 bills..... Obviously.

The official NFL response would actually be "Parity".

:rolleyes:

Edited by The Wiz

If the league was even slightly worried goodell couldve easily sent a memo. I don't think they were dying to create a story out of thin air but I think they are quite alright with how it's gone with Brady.

To doc mentioning Brady's "draw".... I can't imagine the ratings hurt one bit. In fact more eyes might watch the pats now.

I doubt it will hurt ratings, but suspending a QB for cheating just coming off a SB win doesn't look good.

I doubt it will hurt ratings, but suspending a QB for cheating just coming off a SB win doesn't look good.

Sure... But what's the actual consequence that the nfl is scared of? Sure it might feel a little icky but it's built in drama and unless it becomes a habit not much trouble.

I'll again say I don't think they sat in some meeting plotting to frame Brady but ultimately I don't think they were near as worried about having to as some imply.

Sure... But what's the actual consequence that the nfl is scared of? Sure it might feel a little icky but it's built in drama and unless it becomes a habit not much trouble.

I'll again say I don't think they sat in some meeting plotting to frame Brady but ultimately I don't think they were near as worried about having to as some imply.

I have to disagree. I'm pretty sure "suspending your top player for cheating right after winning a championship" is pretty high up there for any sports league.

I have no idea how you got that from what I said, but I'm through trying to explain it. It's not as complicated as you're trying to make it.

You're right, it isn't a violation. I did a search afterwards and found that HIPAA doesn't extend to coaches.

And are you serious? The NFL would rather not suspend a marquee player like Brady. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. He forced their hands.

Yes he forced their hands. Now they want to suspend him. Pretty simple.

well, I just looked through a doug!@#$ingflutie thread so I'm riled up. !@#$ that little bastard.

They didn't set out to, but they absolutely want to suspend him after the Wells report. This much is clear. Goodell NEEDS to suspend him, in fact.

I have to disagree. I'm pretty sure "suspending your top player for cheating right after winning a championship" is pretty high up there for any sports league.

Again - how does it impact the league beyond feeling bad?

Opening week might be bigger now, week 5 is HUGE for a draw. Pats still have a waiting list for season tickets. Ratings are probably the highest week 2 may has seen on nfl network ever. I haven't heard a whisper of sponsors pulling back yet.

The hero turned heel but he wasn't that far from it already. I'm sure they are annoyed by the nonsensical website but ultimately I think their pain is more of a mild discomfort and it was 109% avoidable if they wanted. The former commissioner even called them out for not avoiding it like he would've.

Edited by NoSaint

Adam Schein hosting a guest on his show who would set out to kill the messenger who proved Tom Brady is a liar and cheater?

Gee. Never would have figured that. <_<

I find Schein a huge Jets Homer. But he is entertaining. Edited by BlueFire

They didn't set out to, but they absolutely want to suspend him after the Wells report. This much is clear. Goodell NEEDS to suspend him, in fact.

Because he screwed up? That I get. Trying to go deeper though is what I don't get.

Again - how does it impact the league beyond feeling bad?

Opening week might be bigger now, week 5 is HUGE for a draw. Pats still have a waiting list for season tickets. Ratings are probably the highest week 2 may has seen on nfl network ever. I haven't heard a whisper of sponsors pulling back yet.

The hero turned heel but he wasn't that far from it already. I'm sure they are annoyed by the nonsensical website but ultimately I think their pain is more of a mild discomfort and it was 109% avoidable if they wanted. The former commissioner even called them out for not avoiding it like he would've.

It's not the WWF. The very concept that they had some plan to turn Brady into a "bad guy" to drive up popularity is insane. I have no words that could possibly reach through to you on how far out in left field that theory is...