Bills vets on the bubble

If Goodwin can stay healthy, he's damned talented. Not sure how to prove that in pre-season though.

Simply not getting hurt between now and week1 is a great start. Though I'm sure the board will explode any time he steps off the field

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000283521/Goodwin-shows-off-his-speed

Remember when Goodwin did something productive, and EJ hit a deep throw?

Nah, neither of those things happen. ;)

dont forget, we aren't allowed to reference anything good that happened in that game offensively, because 1) Geno, and 2) the Jets went to Dave and Busters the night before. Edited by YoloinOhio

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that angle, but it does fit.

Except he's not nearly as explosive as Edelman, not as elusive as Edelman, and not as quick as Edelman. Other than that, he's a damn clone of Edelman.

Edelman is an illusion created by Tom Brady.

In regards to Goodwin, the thing that caught my eye was the game in 2013 where we didn't have SJ or Woods and had to rely on Goodwin to do more than just sprint down the field. His stats were 6-81 and a TD that day.....and he looked very sure handed.

If he could only stay healthy.

In regards to Goodwin, the thing that caught my eye was the game in 2013 where we didn't have SJ or Woods and had to rely on Goodwin to do more than just sprint down the field. His stats were 6-81 and a TD that day.....and he looked very sure handed.

If he could only stay healthy.

His health is really the only question mark about the guy. The folks on here saying he's only a speed guy, or has suspect hands, are folks who haven't watched him play enough to form a solid opinion. The guy has hands. He runs decent routes (though, that's tough to gauge since he was on the shelf so much last year) and has game breaking speed. I think he'll be given every chance to stick on this roster over Hogan.

But it's up to his health.

His health is really the only question mark about the guy. The folks on here saying he's only a speed guy, or has suspect hands, are folks who haven't watched him play enough to form a solid opinion. The guy has hands. He runs decent routes (though, that's tough to gauge since he was on the shelf so much last year) and has game breaking speed. I think he'll be given every chance to stick on this roster over Hogan.

But it's up to his health.

He also is very good at tracking the ball in the air and timing his jumps. And he's a good blocker.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000283521/Goodwin-shows-off-his-speed

Remember when Goodwin did something productive, and EJ hit a deep throw?

Nah, neither of those things happen. ;)

Too bad The Bills don't have a QB like the one in that clip. We could really use a WR that's fast like the one who caught that bomb in your link's video. That would be nice especially since Cromartie is back in NJ.

I question the completeness of Hogan's skill set. Yes, he's fast, tough and has decent hands, but he's not very crisp on the route runs and doesn't have elite size or speed to make him uncoverable. I really don't think he's scaring anyone and that might be why he's always open. Goodwin might be fragile, but he's worth a roster spot because his fresh legs WILL scare people. Even if the ball isn't coming his way, someone will sap their energy chasing him down. Other than that, I'd ditch Bryce Brown immediately because he's a fumble liability and there's plenty of better options.

I question the completeness of Hogan's skill set. Yes, he's fast, tough and has decent hands, but he's not very crisp on the route runs and doesn't have elite size or speed to make him uncoverable. I really don't think he's scaring anyone and that might be why he's always open. Goodwin might be fragile, but he's worth a roster spot because his fresh legs WILL scare people. Even if the ball isn't coming his way, someone will sap their energy chasing him down. Other than that, I'd ditch Bryce Brown immediately because he's a fumble liability and there's plenty of better options.

I'm missing something here. You question Hogan's completeness but list fast, tough and good hands but can only say Goodwin is fast? And Hogan is only open cuz opponents aren't aftaid of him?!?! Wow! The db"s run the same number of plays whether it's Goodwin or Hogan and get jusy as winded.Goodwin doesn't scate anyone, Watkins and Harvin will do that.IMO Hogan > Goodwin and it's not close.

I'm missing something here. You question Hogan's completeness but list fast, tough and good hands but can only say Goodwin is fast? And Hogan is only open cuz opponents aren't aftaid of him?!?! Wow! The db"s run the same number of plays whether it's Goodwin or Hogan and get jusy as winded.Goodwin doesn't scate anyone, Watkins and Harvin will do that.IMO Hogan > Goodwin and it's not close.

If you don't think that Goodwin scares anyone -you ARE missing something.

The Hogan/Goodwin debate will be interesting (and may make for a good poll). It's a matter of preference and what you want out of that spot.

2 Seasons of stats..Both players are great athletes. One played lacrosse in college the other ran track.

Chris Hogan: 78 targets, 51 completions, 509 yards, 4 TDs and he plays great on special teams.

Marquis Goodwin: 41 targets, 18 completions, 325 yards, 3 TDs and an ok/decent kick returner when he doesn't get clobbered.

2 Seasons of stats..Both players are great athletes. One played lacrosse in college the other ran track.

Chris Hogan: 78 targets, 51 completions, 509 yards, 4 TDs and he plays great on special teams.

Marquis Goodwin: 41 targets, 18 completions, 325 yards, 3 TDs and an ok/decent kick returner when he doesn't get clobbered.

Calling Hogan "great" on special teams is quite a stretch.

Stats are meaningless without context. How many of those targets are the same down and distance? Most of Hogan's were within ten yards of the LOS, which I'm sure was not the case with Goodwin...

Stats are meaningless without context. How many of those targets are the same down and distance? Most of Hogan's were within ten yards of the LOS, which I'm sure was not the case with Goodwin...

TDs are almost equal despite 37 less targets and 33 less receptions. Hogan is a JAG.