What is on Brady's Phone?

For the 85th time, that's not what he was asked. He and his lawyers were allowed to collect the requested data--the NFL would never even see the phone. This happens all the time, every day in litigations and investigations of every kind. His lawyers have a duty to keep it confidential. They breach that, they get disbarred and get massively sued. Full stop.

But can he own two phones from the same provider?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaron hernandez murder evidence?

Can you support his claim?

I ask because Brady's agent says that one of the reasons why he advised against his client handing over the text messages is it might set a bad precedent for the players. I can't imagine this is something the NFLPA would want for its membership.

There has been speculation that he didn't get representation from the NFLPA because they would have recommended he turn over the phone records.

I could give a crap about Brady's phone...

For a deflation story...this whole thing is overblown. I know my opinion won't be popular...but if this is truly a standard for the NFL, game balls should be randomly checked and thrown out in-game. Using a slightly (and we are talking slightly) under inflated ball is akin to a scuffed baseball for a pitcher not even a spitter.

In general, the NFL takes the worst possible approach to these things -- prosecuting after the fact rather than proactively protecting their interpretation of the integrity of the game.....the NFL can and should do better than this. We would all be bitching to holy hell if the Bills were the team accused.

As usual here, the cover up is worse than the crime and Brady will be punished...but I place the blame squarely on the NFL for their lax definition and enforcement of the "integrity of the game" (what bull ****)....

For game #2 of the upcoming season, I want Brady playing. I want it to be the worst game of his career just like the Bills D forced Aaron Rodgers into last season. The Bills are a dominating D and I don't want a week 2 win tainted like the week 17 win from last year....

But we're not, because we're not !@#$ing cheaters.

I delete the majority of text messages once read. Why keep them.

Once deleted can the be recovered? I am not sure not w/o extensive memory searches or getting into the carriers database.

but I could be wrong.

I believe the content of text messages can be recovered for at least a certain amount of time, even after the message is deleted on the device. It takes a subpoena to get the stuff, but it can be done.

I've been curious about Apple's iMessages, because those aren't true "text messages." My carrier doesn't have any record of them. Does Apple?

I delete the majority of text messages once read. Why keep them.

Once deleted can the be recovered? I am not sure not w/o extensive memory searches or getting into the carriers database.

but I could be wrong.

Actually, deleted messages are maintained on the phone and can be recovered until they are over-written. It is done all the time in criminal investigations. However, consent or a warrant is needed to do so. Also, most carriers maintain records of text messages and attachments to texts that can be obtained with a subpoena. Again, they are standard investigative steps in criminal investigations - which is completely different than what the NFL does, which is essentially an internal investigation within a private company.

Edited by billsfan1959

I believe the content of text messages can be recovered for at least a certain amount of time, even after the message is deleted on the device. It takes a subpoena to get the stuff, but it can be done.

I've been curious about Apple's iMessages, because those aren't true "text messages." My carrier doesn't have any record of them. Does Apple?

Which makes you wonder why these 2 boneheads kept the texts on the phones. How would Wells be able to secure a subpoena to a phone service carrier for a non-criminal, non-civil case?

Which makes you wonder why these 2 boneheads kept the texts on the phones. How would Wells be able to secure a subpoena to a phone service carrier for a non-criminal, non-civil case?

Which is why delusional Pats** fans telling Brady to fight this in the courts will be sorely disappointed. He won't open himself up to a civil subpoena of those records. He made a calculated decision that stonewalling was better for him than turning them over.

Remember from the Hernandez trial that coaches are not supposed to be communicating with players during the offseason so a simple series of texts or emails from BB would put them both in the soup, for ex.

Edited by MattM

I think you answered your own question.

Which is why delusional Pats** fans telling Brady to fight this in the courts will be sorely disappointed. He won't open himself up to a civil subpoena of those records. He made a calculated decision that stonewalling was better for him than turning them over.

My belief all along has been that Brady believed that refusing to turn over relevant information from his phone and accepting any subsequent punishment for lack of candor/cooperation would be far less damaging than what was on the phone. I base that on the NFL's willingness to have the information completely sanitized by Brady's own attorneys before turning it over. IMO, it negates any argument against turning the information over, other than Brady believed the relevant information was very damaging to him.

My belief all along has been that Brady believed that refusing to turn over relevant information from his phone and accepting any subsequent punishment for lack of candor/cooperation would be far less damaging than what was on the phone. I base that on the NFL's willingness to have the information completely sanitized by Brady's own attorneys before turning it over. IMO, it negates any argument against turning the information over, other than Brady believed the relevant information was very damaging to him.

i agree. His refusal to cooperate will be his downfall.

Would he need a subpoena? These were company issued cell phones, so the Company probably retains the right to check the records of the phones.

Edited by Captain Caveman