Brandon Spikes visiting Patriots: update - signed 1 yr deal

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this as well. You are quick!

I don't see why he would sign with them, but it is all just business in the end I guess.

He needs a job and wants to play football.... That's why

He hasn't got a good offer. I don't blame him at all. I hope this makes the Bills up their offer a little and sign him. It's possible the Bills were waiting for the 12th and the comp pick issue, but if true, they need to scrap that and just get him back in the fold. He wants to play for the Bills.

It's pretty obvious that the Bills staff doesn't believe he fits this defense, even if the locker-room loved him. Not sure why anyone is surprised he might be visiting another team, including the Patriots.

Hopefully he's just driving his price up. NE* only drafted one LB in the 6th.

All attention post-draft should be re-signing Spikes, especially since we signed Carringtion and don't have to worry about a comp pick

@AdamSchefter: Non-Deflate-Gate Patriots' news: former New England and Buffalo LB Brandon Spikes is in Foxboro today for visit with Patriots, per source.

What?!

Whatever...

It's pretty obvious that the Bills staff doesn't believe he fits this defense, even if the locker-room loved him. Not sure why anyone is surprised he might be visiting another team, including the Patriots.

I agree with the second part, not necessarily the first. I don't think it's obvious at all, and I think they want him. They just don't want to pay him that much for a part time player. He wanted a team to both pay him as a 3 down LB and pay him as one. No team would. That's why he hasn't got great offers. He doesn't really want to play for veteran minimum or close to it. I wouldn't doubt if he and his agent are using the Pats to get the Bills to up their offer and it might work. They're not going to pay him a few million because he's only going to play 25% of them plays. But that doesn't mean they don't want him or he doesn't fit.

I also think they didn't know how the draft was going to turn out. if they drafted an ILB in the top half of the draft they liked the need and want and roster spot for Spikes decreased. They didnt so now is when they would sign him.