Brandon Spikes visiting Patriots: update - signed 1 yr deal

We should all appreciate this guy even if he isn't coming back. He loves us and has been pretty clear on that.

i hope he signs here but it's clear they have a value on him that they won't exceed and imo you need to do that with these types of players. I like him though and I think he fits in with this coaching staff and team's attitude.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MikeReiss: Nothing official, but told there is a "good chance" that Patriots will sign LB Dane Fletcher. Team has been seeking experienced LB depth.

Sounds like any LB they take on will not be signed until after 5/12 so it won't help our comp pick situation

• 2 weeks later...

Good riddance, he was being put on a pedestal by some people around here... All he is good for is a backup LBer that isn't really a good LBer in today's NFL.

He was a team captain and a very good contributor, don't act like he wasn't good just because he didn't sign with us again.

I will miss him but the Bills may not..

Perfectly said.

Welcome to the Doug Whaley show. We are so fortunate to have him that it's a shame some of us don't see that yet. It's so clear that he learned a ton while being in Pittsburgh. Remember how they would just all the sudden have another LB become great the moment they moved on from one? I think we're going to start seeing the full value of having Whaley as his moves mature.

Not at all, for me. I like him. Would have liked to have him back, but understand why they are going with Ty Powell.

Agreed. At the end of the day, he has to put food on the table and do what's best for his family.

He said many times that he enjoyed being a Bill and would have loved to stay. But the reported $3 million he was asking for just wan't going to work...

I dont blame him, and I'll always respect his game (just like I did when he was at Florida, and through his first stint with the Pats), but he's now back to being the enemy. Even worse that it's back with the Evil Empire. Sorry, Brandon, but this friendship is over.