NFL.com post draft snap grades

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy's been giving the Bills a C- since round one, penalizing then for last year's trade without giving them any credit whatsoever for drafting an offensive ROY candidate in 2014.

Hence, he's a knob...

Edited by Lurker

Since 2003 we've seen them usually get good to great draft grades.

I just don't care. I'm shocked the Jets even drafted a soon to be out of the league QB that could potentially distract Fitz by merely his presence. Can't put pressure on him like that. :rolleyes:

Jets A

Pats B+

Dolphins B

Bills C-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488889/article/2015-nfl-draft-final-quicksnap-grades-for-afc-east-teams

I have to agree that the jets seem to have killed it.

the only player that seems like a great pick for the jets is williams. Smith needs a certain type of qb to succeed. I don't think the jets have it unless geno can turn it around. Fitz is not the qb for Devin smith. He isnt a route runner and drops easy stuff. He's a deep ball threat; didn't emerge until he had a guy with a huge arm throwing to him on a go route. If Geno can get him the ball, he will be ok. Edited by YoloinOhio

Another guy on the NFL Network had the Bills on his "worried" list for our draft because we reached on every pick.

I do think we have had more weird drafts than most teams over the last 10 years.

the only player that seems like a great pick for the jets is williams. Smith needs a certain type of qb to succeed. I don't think the jets have it unless geno can turn it around. Fitz is not the qb for Devin smith. He isnt a route runner and drops easy stuff. He's a deep ball threat; didn't emerge until he had a guy with a huge arm throwing to him on a go route. If Geno can get him the ball, he will be ok.

I agree smith has a lot of proving to do. Not sure why they think he's such a steal and so certain to be an impact player. Just as easily be Stephen hill part 2

Can you guys say we are a better team after the draft than we were before? Of course you can't. We probably got zero players that will actually start for us. I think they are being generous with a C-. Meanwhile, every team in the division got better

Can you guys say we are a better team after the draft than we were before? Of course you can't. We probably got zero players that will actually start for us. I think they are being generous with a C-. Meanwhile, every team in the division got better

Maybe we should worry what might happen next?? Oh no. we might suck. Get with the program son. Just watch and stop worrying about the other guy. Live your life.

heres the rub with the draft. If you are a bad roster or a ton of holes you will have lots of starters emerge from the draft because they will have to play right away. If you have a good roster you have few holes where a rookie will need to start and you have the luxury of drafting BPA and building for the future, even redshirting your rookies to get them ready. The Jets had tons of holes and had to get better, though im not sure I see a starter in their draft unless they trade Wilkerson. Miami had tons of holes as well, thus the rookies who will need to start. NE will start Malcolm brown in place of Wilfork and maybe one of their 17 guards in place of Dan Connolly who are both gone. Imo the Bills were in a great spot draft wise. Next year will be a little different as they will resign their own FAs vs going outside and will have all their picks. The qb situation in this draft didn't present an opportunity to pick a qb to compete for a starting role so they signed TT. Everything kind of makes sense to me looking at it from the lens of a GM thinking past 2015.

That said, the Bills are much better than last year with the current roster. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

The jets defensive line is on par with the Bills now. It is nice that Brady has an automatic four games to dread on his schedule.

I'm not going that far before Williams plays a single down in the league.

And even if he is good our pass rush is so much better then there's.

I say this slightly tounge in cheek but slightly not-

Did we bother to scout anywhere outside of the ACC? I can't kill them too much over the player Darby, from the middle of the 1st to about the middle of the 3rd the talent was pretty much the same and he was squarely in that group, I just hated seeing DB that early. Miller felt like a reach, but the oline market was thrown off and that's the guy with who they felt the most comfortable. I'm still in favor of the Watkins deal, but I can't say it didn't screw us in this draft as the missing capital prevented us from moving around the board. Would have been nice to have picks to move up to get AJ Cann in the top of the 3rd and picks to move up for Hundley in the 5th (I'm not the biggest Hundley fan, but he could be a real steal in the 5th).

We ripped the bandaid of the Watkins deal off this weekend. It hurt but now it's over. For me, the bar of success for this class is very low, given what we were working with, I'd call Darby being a starting corner in Rex's system and getting one other quality starter a win. Just felt like Rex's bravado is starting to overcome the organization and Trader Doug wanted to make sure his proclamation of not having room for many rookies came true so he mailed this one in. Part of it's picking lower in the rounds and part of its not having the picks to work with, but in the past Doug has done a much better job at moving around the board, accumulating picks and still getting his guy.