• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets A

Pats B-

Miami B

Bills C-

Sorry folks. No way to spin it. This draft was bad. I really like what the Bills have with Sammy and if there ever was a year to not have a first round pick it was this year. At best they got a starting guard and a nickel CB. No DE. No OT. A slow TE And an injury prone LB. Hope they add an OT this summer. I still like Whaley's overall moves. Hopefully I am wrong about this draft.

Yes, it would be much better if we weren't stacked and still had holes to fill via the draft. :doh:

Gotta love some of these posts...

no kidding, I love devante parker. You know why miami drafted him? Because they didn't have a sammy watkins. I like Ajayi if his knee lasts. You know why miami drafted him? They don't have a mccoy. I love Leonard williams, in college. I also greatly enjoy 1st team all pro mario williams and his pass rush partner Jerry hughes. Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree smith has a lot of proving to do. Not sure why they think he's such a steal and so certain to be an impact player. Just as easily be Stephen hill part 2

and I obviously love Devin Smith for what he did for my team. He is a helluva gunner too on ST. But he's kind of a little bigger version of Goodwin.

Media guys love Leonard Williams, from everything that's come out, teams aren't quite as sure. Once the Jets got him at 6 they could have gone to the golf course and missed the rest of their picks and they were going to get an A. Add in they took a name value QB and its a slam dunk high grade.

The Pats get the benefit of the doubt and we don't, simple as that. When they took Jordan Richards several people said they thought he'd go day 3 but it's the Pats so you have to think they know something you don't. Judging by their draft history with DBs, he's got decent odds of busting. Our draft grade was screwed from day 1 by not having the 1st. No one in the national media is going to objectively look at it and say "The Bills got Watkins for what looks like a bust in Justin Gilbert and a replacement for the Browns pro bowl center who wants to leave town ASAP". We got dinged last year for trading this first and we get double jeopardy for not having it now. National people are always going to doubt us until we shut them up on the field.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Media guys love Leonard Williams, from everything that's come out, teams aren't quite as sure. Once the Jets got him at 6 they could have gone to the golf course and missed the rest of their picks and they were going to get an A. Add in they look a name value QB and its a slam dunk high grade.

The Pats get the benefit of the doubt and we don't, simple as that. When they took Jordan Richards several people said they thought he'd go day 3 but it's the Pats so you have to think they know something you don't. Judging by their draft history with DBs, he's got decent odds of busting. Our draft grade was screwed from day 1 by not having the 1st. No one in the national media is going to objectively look at it and say "The Bills got Watkins for what looks like a bust in Justin Gilbert and a replacement for the Browns pro bowl center who wants to leave town ASAP". We got dinged last year for trading this first and we get double jeopardy for not having it now. National people are always going to doubt us until we shut them up on the field.

yep I've looked at just a few of the draft grades and they mainly said without a 1st and a 4th it was hard to evaluate but no real issues with the players picked. Seattle had a similar draft.

yep I've looked at just a few of the draft grades and they mainly said without a 1st and a 4th it was hard to evaluate but no real issues with the players picked. Seattle had a similar draft.

Darby is a guy who easily could have gone in the 1st round in this draft and had he gone to the right team earned that team a high grade. Not having the first really hurt us in the oline market as that's where the 1st round run hit, but it's tough to argue guys like Marcus Peters and Kevin Johnson are well ahead of Darby.

Darby is a guy who easily could have gone in the 1st round in this draft and had he gone to the right team earned that team a high grade. Not having the first really hurt us in the oline market as that's where the 1st round run hit, but it's tough to argue guys like Marcus Peters and Kevin Johnson are well ahead of Darby.

i mentioned in Darby thread but this reminds me so much of the brad Roby pick at the end of the 1st rd last year by Denver. They had Talib and Chris Harris.Roby had a great Jr yr and inconsistent senior year. Elite athlete, projects well to NFL scheme. Few off field issues, declined to cover sammy in Orange bowl. He played really well for them this year in the slot though they want to move him to safety. Better than his senior yr at Osu.

I can't help but wonder where Seantrel would have gone in this draft with a year of keeping his nose clean, staying in the lines in a NFL program and not completely embarrassing himself on NFL tape. DJ Humphries and Donovan Smith don't feel like any better prospects than he is and it seems like (hopefully) Seantrel has turned that page in his personal life.

I wonder how long the Patriots will roll without getting a QB? They really need to get one and someone needs to recognize that in these rating grades.

Didn't they draft Janeane Garofalo last year?

we went into the draft needing a starting OL and we still don't have one. i would have gladly traded every pick we made to move up and get a top OL prospect that could come in and started day 1 and played here for the next 10 yrs. how many of these guys we drafted will even make the team? Darby will be a backup this year, Miller is too small, Karlos Williams might not even make this team unless they cut Fred, O'Leary is too small to be a classic TE and not athletic enough to be a Clay, and I'll confess I don't know who the other guys are but they are coming in at positions we already are solid at and they more than likely won't make the squad.

very lackluster draft and it solved none of our issues. glaring holes on the OL and lack of depth at ILB remain. BPA FTL i'd give us a D

Let them give us a poor draft grade - we will see who did what when we take the division.

does not matter, the grade is specific to the draft not how good your team is. we did not get anyone that will help us this year

The Bills have enough talent that they didn't *need* to draft for need with more than a couple picks. The rest of the draft seems to be just going after talented players they liked. I think that says good things, imo.

I can't help but wonder where Seantrel would have gone in this draft with a year of keeping his nose clean, staying in the lines in a NFL program and not completely embarrassing himself on NFL tape. DJ Humphries and Donovan Smith don't feel like any better prospects than he is and it seems like (hopefully) Seantrel has turned that page in his personal life.

My bet is somewhere top of the 2nd.

Drafting Frank Clark gives the Seahawks an F in my opinion.

we went into the draft needing a starting OL and we still don't have one. i would have gladly traded every pick we made to move up and get a top OL prospect that could come in and started day 1 and played here for the next 10 yrs. how many of these guys we drafted will even make the team? Darby will be a backup this year, Miller is too small, Karlos Williams might not even make this team unless they cut Fred, O'Leary is too small to be a classic TE and not athletic enough to be a Clay, and I'll confess I don't know who the other guys are but they are coming in at positions we already are solid at and they more than likely won't make the squad.

very lackluster draft and it solved none of our issues. glaring holes on the OL and lack of depth at ILB remain. BPA FTL i'd give us a D

does not matter, the grade is specific to the draft not how good your team is. we did not get anyone that will help us this year

has this poster always been a troll? I thought he was normal originally

The only draft we should be grading at this point is the 2012 draft...anything since then is incomplete.

2012 saw the Bills draft three current starters with their first four picks (Gilmore, Glenn, Bradham), and Ron Brooks is still hanging on as CB depth. Pretty damn good.