Bills "right on the verge", rated 5th best roster in AFC

"tied" with Cinci, above Houston, San Diego

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000485792/article/roster-reset-recap-patriots-colts-atop-afc

the Bills get elevated into the mix for drastically improving themselves this offseason. The battle for the final playoff spots in this conference will be fascinating to watch.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are better than Pitt and Denver talent-wise. Probably best roster in the NFL if you don't factor in the QB position imo.

Unfortunately, the QB is a huge part of the roster. I'm not sure if we played Denver or Pittsburgh 10 times, we would win more than 5 against each team. They have #7 and # 18. We have..well, you know what we have.

Unfortunately, the QB is a huge part of the roster. I'm not sure if we played Denver or Pittsburgh 10 times, we would win more than 5 against each team. They have #7 and # 18. We have..well, you know what we have.

i always like the "what would a 10 game set look like" kind of standard for gauging teams. it also is good for penciling in a final record (if 3-7, ill put 3 tenths of a win in and total up a number for my final over/under)

talking a single game i find myself talking into the "oh yea we could totally beat them" trap. we could beat any team though, some are just a lot less likely.

i always like the "what would a 10 game set look like" kind of standard for gauging teams. it also is good for penciling in a final record (if 3-7, ill put 3 tenths of a win in and total up a number for my final over/under)

talking a single game i find myself talking into the "oh yea we could totally beat them" trap. we could beat any team though, some are just a lot less likely.

Exactly. 8/10 Green Bay beats Buffalo last year. 9/10 Buffalo beats Oakland. Both were trap games for the losing team.

Exactly. 8/10 Green Bay beats Buffalo last year. 9/10 Buffalo beats Oakland. Both were trap games for the losing team.

For the millionth time there are no such things as trap games. A long, lengthy study was conducted by Football Outsiders showing that teams won the same percentage of "trap games" as they do any other games. In fact the winning percentage for "trap games" was slightly higher

For the millionth time there are no such things as trap games. A long, lengthy study was conducted by Football Outsiders showing that teams won the same percentage of "trap games" as they do any other games. In fact the winning percentage for "trap games" was slightly higher

Perhaps, but I would consider that a "trap study" and researchers went in there assuming they were going to find those results and ended up over confident, sloppy, and well, losers. Their criterion for what exactly was a "trap game" was ridiculous. So I'm not counting it. Because 8/10 times they would have come up with different results.

if i could take a pill and fall asleep right now and wake up in time for bills season opener id gladly skip the next

4.5 months of my life to watch this team!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Dude get a life ....it don't last forever

The Bills are a guard an QB away from having an unbelievable roster...

and a RT IMO.

But that QB position is the key to being an average team or successful playoff team. Like I've stated in other threads. Had the Bills obtained OG Jahri Evans, RT Brian Bulaga this years team could very well be a serious contender in the AFC East.