A Clue to "Never Give Up"'s Identity Perhaps?

MattM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NGU sure seemed like an insider....

i always thought it was jim kelly.....he used that tag line "never give up" in his public speaking ("never give up on your dreams") and books

I had thought that might be the case, too, but the Fitz timeline overlap intrigued me....

I had thought that might be the case, too, but the Fitz timeline overlap intrigued me....

Odds are there are quite a few possibilities- I still doubt fitz but it's an interesting catch for a Saturday morning in April discussion.

You make the call....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/10/sports/hockey/a-sabres-fans-lament-they-cant-lose-them-all.html?_r=0

Check out the bottom:

"My sons, James, 5, and Leo, 7, have never lived in Buffalo, but they support the Bills and the Sabres. In 2011, Leo got an autographed football bearing the inscription “Never Give Up” from the former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick after being punched at school for supporting the Bills. So last week he couldn’t understand why I was so angry that the Sabres were beating the Blackhawks.

“Why are you rooting against our team?” he asked.

I tried to explain that we were fighting for last place and needed to keep losing to get a really good player, but he wasn’t buying it.

“Fitzpatrick said never give up, Dad,” Leo said.

I took his point, but as this ignominious season winds down, I will be rooting hard for a fitting conclusion: another loss. I believe in you, Sabres. I know you can do it."

Are you suggesting that NGU was Fitzy, or that NGU is the author of the article?

NGU's specialty was FO stuff that I don't think players, even leader-players like QB, would have access to. Draft choices, trades, stuff like that.

I could see a player being on the board. It's sort of like anonymous Twitter...

In sort of the same vein, I have long suspected that a certain poster on the board is a member of the front office. Won't ID the poster or the member of the front office, but some of the language the poster uses "fits" the way the member of the front office speaks.

Oh, yeah, there have been several, probably still are - I haven't been working hard at figuring it out recently. Vince Young (very transparent) was here when in Buffalo.

I don't think NGU was Fitzy though. The stuff NGU broke was FO stuff in Jan. Nix as GM. Chan Gailey as coach. Draft behavior. Lynch trade. Could be wrong.

Who was vy?

I was conversing with NGU in a thread and were were discussing why he personally liked Cam Newton so much, and the fact that the Bills wanted to draft him should Carolina pass on him. I came away from that conversation thinking that Nevergiveup was Buddy Nix. JMO

In sort of the same vein, I have long suspected that a certain poster on the board is a member of the front office. Won't ID the poster or the member of the front office, but some of the language the poster uses "fits" the way the member of the front office speaks.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Brandon has more then a few posters in this forum that are working for him to help spin things the company way.

I was conversing with NGU in a thread and were were discussing why he personally liked Cam Newton so much, and the fact that the Bills wanted to draft him should Carolina pass on him. I came away from that conversation thinking that Nevergiveup was Buddy Nix. JMO

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Brandon has more then a few posters in this forum that are working for him to help spin things the company way.

I wouldn't think a Packard Bell and Prodigy would be compatible with a Packard Bell computer circa 1998... guess he upgraded.