Amaro talks about Rex

Drreef2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, cute. Except it won't last for the Jets. Amaro needs to man the hell up and realize that it was not Rex who made him late and it was his own grown man ass that did so and if he wants to be babysat that he needs to go back to school because that **** just don't fly in the professional world.

I cannot stand stories like this. "I was late a lot and it never made a big deal so I kept it up. The new coach doesn't want me to be late so that is a big deal." M'fer, try working in the professional world a little bit longer and see what happens with a nonchalant attitude.

The only kind of profession that would put up with this is being some sort of male nurse in Georgia.

Edited by jboyst62

That was actually a fair article -- the author clearly didn't buy in to Amaro's implication that Rex was lax with players.

Bowles is doing what many (most) first time head coaches do -- dropping the hammer early to try and get everyone's attention.

Yeah, cute. Except it won't last for the Jets. Amaro needs to man the hell up and realize that it was not Rex who made him late and it was his own grown man ass that did so and if he wants to be babysat that he needs to go back to school because that **** just don't fly in the professional world.

I cannot stand stories like this. "I was late a lot and it never made a big deal so I kept it up. The new coach doesn't want me to be late so that is a big deal." M'fer, try working in the professional world a little bit longer and see what happens with a nonchalant attitude.

The only kind of profession that would put up with this is being some sort of male nurse in Georgia.

I'm sorry but did Jace Amaro impress anyone last year

I do worry a bit about Rex in that regard. He gets his players to play hard on Sundays but there have been times during his career where the appearance is that the inmates have been running the asylum. Players coaches make me nervous, but the man seems to win.

I've said the exact same. I hope he keeps the train on the tracks, there does need to be both personally accountability on the part of the players and clear expectations set by Rex.

Amaro is right about the tardiness, but accountability also has to come from within the players. You can't forget the fact that the Jets front office was dysfunctional, and if the fans knew it then the players must have experienced it. What happens to your team leadership when the front office can't even get it right? I can't put it all on Ryan because he had to have spent a lot of effort just trying to hold the team together.

:lol:

And I hate stuff like this as well. "You know, it was Rex's fault that I didn't show up because he didn't hold me accountable. But the new guy is." Idiots. You either have it or don't.

I do worry a bit about Rex in that regard. He gets his players to play hard on Sundays but there have been times during his career where the appearance is that the inmates have been running the asylum. Players coaches make me nervous, but the man seems to win.

I had heard similar that the TC camp practices seemed to be very lax and disorganized under Rex. That's an issue. He was also given an "ego stew" to manage at times, a roster full of crazy guys like Plax. But really, if guys perennially show up late that's kind of on them. Do you want to dick around or do you want to win?

Rex knows it will be hard to get another HC gig if he muffs this, so hopefully he learned from his mistakes and keeps ths tuff he did well while refining some other stuff.

Anyone worried about inmates running the asylum should go watch the latest Kyle Williams interview video on buffalobills.com and pay specific attention to the part where he talks about the locker room and the player leadership this team has. These guys are close and have a great bond together. even with the new "stars" coming in.

Look how many high-priced, supposedly big-ego vets are at voluntary work outs this week. All of them (except those recently married or with newborns). Even our players who have had offseason procedures and are limited in what they can do showed up just to be with the team.

Sure, anything is possible one Camp starts wearing on people but right now, I have no apprehensions about everyone on this team showing up ready to work, and ready to work hard.

Go Bills!

edit: Found the link to Kyle's interview. Some really good stuff in here about the locker room, the Defensive schemes, and how much Kyle loves Buffalo. I recommend everyone watch it if you havent already.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Kyle-Williams-We-Have-A-Really-Good-Locker-Room/4f7a1f76-2a62-4e9e-a70b-4e78707253c2

Edited by DrDareustein

It is an issue, and blaming the players won't make it go away. I hope it gets rectified in Buffalo.

It's funny how those who don't like the Rex hire view it as an issue, and those who like the Rex hire view it as a non-issue.

Crazy.

It's funny how those who don't like the Rex hire view it as an issue, and those who like the Rex hire view it as a non-issue.

Crazy.

I'm not against the hire and think that he has a chance to get this team over the hump. My two misgivings are game management and player management. You don't have to be 100% "for" or "against" something.

:lol:

And I hate stuff like this as well. "You know, it was Rex's fault that I didn't show up because he didn't hold me accountable. But the new guy is." Idiots. You either have it or don't.

I just want AJZepp back and know he would respond to that if here. :/