Howard Balzer on WGR. Buffalo needs good quarterback play

I'm glad they woke up Howard Balzer to come on the radio and share such valuable insight. He thinks we overpaid for Charles Clay too! Does anybody not have foresight? In 5 years Clay's contract will be a bargain. If he's what they say he is, it's a great signing. Howard also said we paid too much for Shady.

My favorite thing he said was that we paid a lot for Torry Smith. Good one. Nice research.

Howard is a mastermind who knows football as well as anybody, but since he discovered Karaoke here in St. Louis, his mind is on Barry Manilow songs.

I'm glad they woke up Howard Balzer to come on the radio and share such valuable insight. He thinks we overpaid for Charles Clay too! Does anybody not have foresight? In 5 years Clay's contract will be a bargain. If he's what they say he is, it's a great signing. Howard also said we paid too much for Shady.

My favorite thing he said was that we paid a lot for Torry Smith. Good one. Nice research.

Howard is a mastermind who knows football as well as anybody, but since he discovered Karaoke here in St. Louis, his mind is on Barry Manilow songs.

Funny .... I think the roster may be completely "smith" less at the moment

Howard Balzer is in his 39th year covering professional football as a writer, editor and broadcaster. His connection with pro football began in 1976 with College and Pro Football Newsweekly, and since then he has been a featured columnist for The Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly, USA Today Sports Weekly and The Sports Xchange. His work can now be seen locally on foxsportsmidwest.com.

He has developed a fondness for Karaoke. Wikipedia says

"In the community, Balzer is currently a part of the unique Celebrity Karaoke event that has existed for 10 years and currently raises money for The Adoption Exchange. He was also on the original board for the Ronald McDonald House in St. Louis and was a longtime committee member for the Gateway Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society."

Once you put down the guitar and sing to a video, you are no longer qualified to write about football. You write about touch football.

Howard Balzer is in his 39th year covering professional football as a writer, editor and broadcaster. His connection with pro football began in 1976 with College and Pro Football Newsweekly, and since then he has been a featured columnist for The Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly, USA Today Sports Weekly and The Sports Xchange. His work can now be seen locally on foxsportsmidwest.com.

That's it? So he is no different then the average fan.

"Better QB play." Wow. Thanks, Howard, I knew there was a flaw with this team we were overlooking here.

another set of eyes can often find something less obvious.

heck i had not considered that either !

Genius.

Word is Charles is a top 10 TE....in the NFL

There are 32 NFL teams.....some with more then one good TE

Our starting TE was a player that didnt receive a bite in free agency last year and came back to us on a extremely modest contract.....who we cut

Greg Roman uses his TE (TE's) A LOT

Its not my money

THe contract is set up so that it can be greatly restructured next year......and the back end of the contract is peanuts

SO WHAT IS THE FRIGGEN PROBLEM

Word is Charles is a top 10 TE....in the NFL

There are 32 NFL teams.....some with more then one good TE

Our starting TE was a player that didnt receive a bite in free agency last year and came back to us on a extremely modest contract.....who we cut

Greg Roman uses his TE (TE's) A LOT

Its not my money

THe contract is set up so that it can be greatly restructured next year......and the back end of the contract is peanuts

SO WHAT IS THE FRIGGEN PROBLEM

Our old TE actually got snapped up by the best coach in the NFL.