Where do you think the Bills should hold Training Camp?

Bills training camp location   

139 members have voted

1. 1. Where should Bills hold training camp?

• St. John Fisher
    • Practice Facility in Orchard Park/RWS
    • Back to SUNY Fredonia
    • Other

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Bills left Fredonia, they said how great the facilities were there, just like people are saying the facilities are great at SJF. There's another aspect to this that's being overlooked. Fredonia and the other towns in the southern tier are full of nice small bars. The players and coaches used to get together at the bars. There's only so much that can be done on the practice field, but real team bonding takes place when guys are hanging together with a cold beer in their hand. I haven't been to SJF but I don't believe the bar situation is nearly as good as around Fredonia.

I'm going with Burlington, VT or the suggestion above. Either way we'll be drinking lotsa Heady Toppers...

Or just keep it at SJF for simplicity.

The fact that you know what Heady Toppers are has earned my respect. shoulda guessed it by the t shirt though ; )

SJF.

I am very biased on this one.

When the Bills left Fredonia, they said how great the facilities were there, just like people are saying the facilities are great at SJF. There's another aspect to this that's being overlooked. Fredonia and the other towns in the southern tier are full of nice small bars. The players and coaches used to get together at the bars. There's only so much that can be done on the practice field, but real team bonding takes place when guys are hanging together with a cold beer in their hand. I haven't been to SJF but I don't believe the bar situation is nearly as good as around Fredonia.

Players don't leave training camp, certainly not to drink.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If the players left to go drinking they likely would have been fined by the team.

If the players left to go drinking they likely would have been fined by the team.

I don't think he's advocating going out and getting smashed every night, although I wouldn't be surpised if the '90s Bills did that. But after practice, maybe a few scuffles happen, go to the watering hole, grab a beer together, and just bond as a team.

Players don't leave training camp, certainly not to drink.

There are a lot of legendary stories out there about Jimbo and Company hitting the bars on a regular basis during the Fredonia days. Of course it was a different era and a different time, I'm not sure to what level players nowadays can get away with compared to back then but your naïve if you think players don't enjoy going out for a cold one or two on their own personal time just as much as the rest of us

Edited by BillsPride12

You see some players at restaurants and bars in the SJF area and downtown Rochester as well (Dinosaur BBQ for example) every camp. I've never seen any out terribly late or drunk. But to get out a little to decompress with teammates is probably a good thing.

The fact that you know what Heady Toppers are has earned my respect. shoulda guessed it by the t shirt though ; )

Breweries are like Starbucks in VT - there's one on every corner!

If you're at the opener, stop by Hammer's we'll have Toppers and much more...

I might need to take down a tree and some bushes, but they're welcome to use my back yard. It'll be a little cramped, but hey, I won't charge much.

Of course now that the kids have moved out I have a few spare bedrooms. Maybe Rex and a couple coaches could crash here - and skip the travel time to and from a hotel.

Yes. I can see how that would work out. Just need to talk to the wifey about it, but she'll probably think it's a swell idea.