Rolling Stones at the Ralph concert thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time the Stones are in Buffalo since 1975 and I'm not going to be there. I think I've only missed one of the Syracuse concerts, as well.

So jealous of you people going - have fun!!

11692646_10204859819075122_7550451308532

THE ROLLING STONES BUFFALO FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT POSTER. Mick and Charlie visited the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Darwin Martin house on Jewett Parkway in Buffalo on Friday. See my post below. They are both great students of architecture. The Rolling Stones have issued a poster commemorating their visit to Buffalo and Frank Lloyd Wright. For out-of-towners, the extraordinary Darwin Martin Complex is a major completed restoration project and tourist attraction.

Tremendous show. 97 Rock was replaying the concert on the drive home, and I'm amazed at how good those guys still sound.

Richie Sambora came in and stood in the front row right as the show started and got a nice ovation, and a guy who looked very much like Tom Petty was seen by the barrier prior to the show and drew tons of attention.

Also - the Sheriff's department guys directing traffic at the corner of Abbott and Milestrip following the show had no idea what they were doing and are going to get someone killed. Same thing during Bills games - it's terrible. Abbott also needs barriers between the sidewalk and the street - way too many close calls with pedestrians last night.

Who parked at hammers?

We did bud...

This was the worst concert experience of my life... The show was great, but everything leading up to that was horrible...

We got to the field with our "field seat" tickets and were old that we had to go back up to the concourse and get a wristband.... They alleged that we were already told this- but that wasn't the case.... By the time we got to our section- there we no seats... Apparently they rearranged the seating and our group of 6 got split up... The only bright side of this was two people got moved from section L row 37 to K row 4, and the other 4 got moved up to section D.... We did end up with better seats- but between all this nonsense, we didn't get situated at our new seats until 3 songs or so into the Stones set.... The Ralph's crew and ticketmaster really screwed the pooch

Amazing show. Not overproduced and had a very natural vibe.

My only complaint was that the crowd felt a little muted. That could be just me comparing it to a regular game-day experience, but I was expecting a little more noise.

I though they were amazing...that is how you put on a Stadium show. We up on the nose-bleeds (section 308), but it didn't feel like we were a mile away. The sound was top notch for an outdoor stadium show, though Lisa Fischers' microphone did seem to crap out at the crescendo of "Gimmie Shelter"

Mick was in fine form, and really played to the audience. He shouted out "Terry and Kim", commented on how nice the stadium looked ("toilets made of gold" he said)....then playing to the hometown crowd, after shouting out "Cheek-a- tow- aga" and Tonawanda, he said that the hotel they were staying in was great...he said he was staying in the "Tom Brady suite"...it was greeted by lots of boos...then followed it up with, "it's very nice, but the pillows are a little under-inflated"

Amazing show. Not overproduced and had a very natural vibe.

My only complaint was that the crowd felt a little muted. That could be just me comparing it to a regular game-day experience, but I was expecting a little more noise.

There were 20,000 less people in the venue, that was probably part of it

I though they were amazing...that is how you put on a Stadium show. We up on the nose-bleeds (section 308), but it didn't feel like we were a mile away. The sound was top notch for an outdoor stadium show, though Lisa Fischers' microphone did seem to crap out at the crescendo of "Gimmie Shelter"

Mick was in fine form, and really played to the audience. He shouted out "Terry and Kim", commented on how nice the stadium looked ("toilets made of gold" he said)....then playing to the hometown crowd, after shouting out "Cheek-a- tow- aga" and Tonawanda, he said that the hotel they were staying in was great...he said he was staying in the "Tom Brady suite"...it was greeted by lots of boos...then followed it up with, "it's very nice, but the pillows are a little under-inflated"

Lol. Does Mick write his material? I wonder if he knew about the Brady Buffalo hotel flap when he came up with that? That joke is funny on two levels. That's gold, Jerry. GOLD! Edited by PromoTheRobot