Rolling Stones at the Ralph concert thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They party like elderly rockstars!!! White Russians made with Ensure, lines of Metamucil after shows, rolling up a fat lavender J to take the edge off...

.... Shots of old grandad

Really? You had to go that route?

The only thing older than the Rolling Stones is jokes about how old they are.

10393666_709587965812806_882239516873803

Really? You had to go that route?

The only thing older than the Rolling Stones is jokes about how old they are.

That's so true. I remember the Steel Wheels tour being called the Steel Wheelchairs tour. That was 26 years ago!

Didn't Mick himself say something ridiculous like he won't be doing this type of thing when he's 30!?!

Yeah. I've seen that interview. The dude still has it though. Has more energy than most performers half his age. And he seems to still genuinely enjoy doing it. I go to a lot of classic rock band concerts, and half of them, although they might still have the talent, you can tell they're just going through the motions for the paycheck.

Yeah. I've seen that interview. The dude still has it though. Has more energy than most performers half his age. And he seems to still genuinely enjoy doing it. I go to a lot of classic rock band concerts, and half of them, although they might still have the talent, you can tell they're just going through the motions for the paycheck.

The first time I saw him, he was 35 and I was 16, and I said Holy ****, I can't believe how that guys moves for being so old!

All the age bull **** aside, they are playing better live now, over the last couple of tours, than they have in decades. Check out the Sweet Summer Rain flick from 2013...they sound terrific...first time I saw them was in 1978, the Some Girls tour...seen them 7 other times since...better each time. Back in the late 70's they may have looked more the part, but they played every song at 90 miles an hour, and frankly, sounded like crap a lot of the time. Now, in my opinion, they give their amazing catalog of songs (which they delve far deeper into than when they were a little younger) the proper treatment it deserves.

completely understand what you are saying but I'd like to see it go a step further...some of those classic songs are steeped heavily in the blues and would love to hear arrangements where they really accentuate the blues and even slow it down...kind of akin to what clapton did with layla. That would be pretty cool to see/hear

All the age bull **** aside, they are playing better live now, over the last couple of tours, than they have in decades. Check out the Sweet Summer Rain flick from 2013...they sound terrific...first time I saw them was in 1978, the Some Girls tour...seen them 7 other times since...better each time. Back in the late 70's they may have looked more the part, but they played every song at 90 miles an hour, and frankly, sounded like crap a lot of the time. Now, in my opinion, they give their amazing catalog of songs (which they delve far deeper into than when they were a little younger) the proper treatment it deserves.

• 4 weeks later...

Mrs. BB saw them Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the show.

hard not too although the set list for this tour is stale. What's new. Ronnie appeared hammered, who cares though since IORR. But even insiders have little info other than speculation as to why they did the chorus to " hang on sloopy", where the McCoy's from Columas? Ohio? The crowd like it. Edited by Best Player Available

it was named the ohio state song several years ago

hard not too although the set list for this tour is stale. What's new. Ronnie appeared hammered, who cares though since IORR. But even insiders have little info other than speculation as to why they did the chorus to " hang on sloopy", where the McCoy's from Columas? Ohio? The crowd like it.